Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Punchy- How long will it last?

Is it possible to still feel a little bit punchy after a week of the spar?
    I mean, it's just sparring.
    Also, how long should it be, kinda lightheaded or very very small headache or headache,
    will it last that day, or one night, or two, if you get banged up?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Punchy- How long will it last?

Get yourself down the doctors as soon as possible, If its yourself, that doesnt sound to good get it checked out .
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Get yourself down the doctors as soon as possible, If its yourself, that doesnt sound to good get it checked out .
    also you need to make sure your blood pressure isnt too high...boxing w/ high blood pressure isnt good and may have that effect ...if your vision is fine u should be ok but gettin hit shouldnt make u still feel icky after even like a day unless u were actually injured someway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sometimes it can last all week. especially if you have a weak neck; that can get really sore

its very important to work out your neck because the smaller your neck is the quicker you get knocked out.

sparrying should be real gay like throwing light jabs what good is that gonna do when you compete and you've never been hit hard? the first 20 times is ok, but eventually you have to step it up.

The way sparring should be is both boxers go all out when one lands a solid blow that shakes up the other one instead of chasing him for the kill you stop and let him recover for a minute. and repeat process

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Also, how long should it be, kinda lightheaded or very very small headache or headache,
    How do you even know its from sparring?

Its probably not, after Ive had a bout its hurt to move my head when ever I've taken some head shots. Not light headed or anything and not exactly 'light' if its just an ache that stays there its probably just from dehydration or tiredness.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gy Reading between the lines,this is the first time its happened to you. Get it checked, better safe than sorry. It might just be Flu but get it looked at
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

go to a doctor IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!! never for a week...A headache the next day maybe...but never a week!!!!!!!!!!!! You could have a slow bleed going on.....this is VER DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP SPARRING IMMEDIATLY and go to the hospital.......
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should only hurt that night, or maybe for the next day...Unless of course u JUST started boxing. I remember when i started i used to have Constant headaches and i went to the doctor but i was fine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    go to a doctor IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!! necer for a week...A headache the next day maybe...but never a week!!!!!!!!!!!! You could have a slow bleed going on.....this is VER DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP SPARRING IMMEDIATLY and go to the hospital.......
    It was his first time sparring hes not use to it.......yall are over reacting big time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah...headaches for a week are always a bad sign, unless you've got your wisdom teeth coming in. Basically, if you ever have anything bad last a week, chances are, you've hurt yourself pretty badly. His best bet is to go to the doctor just to make sure. Better he go and find out he is just sore, than to not go and have him have some permanent brain damage or have hemmoraging in his head (which would cause pressure in the head, and hence, headache). Could also be something as simple as too much or too little water. If he's dehydrating himself trying to lose weight, or just not getting enough liquids, it reduces the mush around the brain, which could cause it harm, and possible headaches just from things not being right up there.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight132
    Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    go to a doctor IMMEDIATLY!!!!!!!! necer for a week...A headache the next day maybe...but never a week!!!!!!!!!!!! You could have a slow bleed going on.....this is VER DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP SPARRING IMMEDIATLY and go to the hospital.......
    It was his first time sparring hes not use to it.......yall are over reacting big time
    You are obviously in no way affiliated or have had any medical training........I am an amateur boxing coach as well as a boxer myself....none of my fighters or any fighters I have ever talked to have had this happen to them...the ones I heard about and have read about had similar complaints and 9 times out of 10 had something wrong...like a concussion, slow bleed or a number of things....all the more worry that this happened during his first sparring session...not a good sign....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

get it checked out buddy, its normal to have a headache that night and maybe one the next day but beyond that you should get it checked by your doctor. even with a headguard you get hurt, the guards there to prodect your face from cuts, the effect on your brain is still there. the weight of the gloves hammering on your head with the added weight of the guard can cause cocussion

you must be careful when starting sparring as your not ued to it. go get yourself checked out kid

Thread Information