Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 15th Vargas/Mosley II "Who wins this time around"?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default July 15th Vargas/Mosley II "Who wins this time around"?

Will it be the same outcome or will Vargas shock the world, as if anyone actually cares!!!!

what do you all think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: July 15th Vargas/Mosley II "Who wins this time around"?

I think Vargas. He looked better than what I thought he would last fight, and I think he will be even more determined this time. The edge still goes to Mosely's hand speed though. I wouldn't be suprised if the fight got stopped on cuts or something again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There shouldn't even be a rematch to this lackluster shat. Mosley should win again.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley's speed is the defining factor again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley will win. Vargas is running on fumes, Mosley's still got about 7 dollars worth in the tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I'm not really a fan of either of these guys but, I'm going to go with Vargas because he did look pretty good in the first fight, I think he's going to twice as determined as the first time around and come more prepared since he knows what he's up against. I don't think it will be easy but I think he will win. Then Mosley is going to want another rematch.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...Vargas is going to come twice as determined... How could he possibly have been less than fully determined for the first fight Do you remember the shit he was saying, he was in the best shape that he could be, he needed to win that fight to save his career, it was all or nothing... Now he's just got 1 more beating under his belt and more mileage. really... Mosley is just the better fighter, Vargas will always eat right hands against a world class opponent and imo Mosley beat him by a good margin the first time round, I didn't think it was as close as the cards had it even. And it wasn't like that cut was a fluke, it could very well end like that again, it's not like Mosley isn't going to land those shots early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    ...Vargas is going to come twice as determined... How could he possibly have been less than fully determined for the first fight Do you remember the S*** he was saying, he was in the best shape that he could be, he needed to win that fight to save his career, it was all or nothing... Now he's just got 1 more beating under his belt and more mileage. really... Mosley is just the better fighter, Vargas will always eat right hands against a world class opponent and imo Mosley beat him by a good margin the first time round, I didn't think it was as close as the cards had it even. And it wasn't like that cut was a fluke, it could very well end like that again, it's not like Mosley isn't going to land those shots early.
    How many fighters have said the same thing "I'm in the best shape of my life and I need to win this and do that" I have heard that a million times from different fighters. I just really think vargas knows what he's up against this time so it will be different. I think Mosley is going to try and do the same thing that he was success with in the first fight as what most boxers would do but I just think vargas will be prepared for it this time around. Now as far as the cut your right it could end again like that who knows we will have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Vargas was totally unimpressive in the first fight, and I don't think he's got it in him to be any better this time. Prediction: even more lopsided victory for Shane. Vargas never was and never will be in that elite league (not that Mosley's really there anymore, but). Maybe if he gets back on the roids he can get the stop though--and not look like such a fat-ass.

Throw this one in with the first fight as "fights I would never pay $50 for."

El Kabong Guest

Vargas' body attack was pretty good, you could hear the thud of his punches when they landed.

I think Vargas should box for 4-5 rounds and then pour on the power, clinch Shane toss him in the corner and blast him outta there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley already said he wants to move more this time,he only stood his ground as much because he saw the eye.Honestly,I did not think the first fight was that great a fight and I expect Mosley to win again,then Vargas to fight Mayorga IF El Matador does not get banned!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on guys, Mosley has one of the best chins ever. Vargas isn't hurting Mosley because he can't really catch him and Mosley can take a punch. Mosley will use his hand speed and foot speed again. The only difference now is that Vargas will come out strong from the bell and bull Mosley around the ropes punching his arms and shoulders, but Vargas will gas out around the seventh, and Mosley will turn Vargas's eye into the Earth's second moon. Mosley TKO 11.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Vargas' body attack was pretty good, you could hear the thud of his punches when they landed.

I think Vargas should box for 4-5 rounds and then pour on the power, clinch Shane toss him in the corner and blast him outta there!
    agreed. vargas should box smartly for the first 4 rounds and just try to get a measure of shane again without eating too many punches....then he should come on strong and really try and push shane around again...

mosley was not having it all his own way in the first fight by a long shot...

mosley should win, but im supporting vargas....vargas fought well last time out IMO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mosley. This fight goes the distance, but it's not close.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    ...Vargas is going to come twice as determined... How could he possibly have been less than fully determined for the first fight Do you remember the S*** he was saying, he was in the best shape that he could be, he needed to win that fight to save his career, it was all or nothing... Now he's just got 1 more beating under his belt and more mileage. really... Mosley is just the better fighter, Vargas will always eat right hands against a world class opponent and imo Mosley beat him by a good margin the first time round, I didn't think it was as close as the cards had it even. And it wasn't like that cut was a fluke, it could very well end like that again, it's not like Mosley isn't going to land those shots early.
    Exactly, Vargas for me too.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Thread Information