Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Can you do bodyweight excercises everyday and continue to grow??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can you do bodyweight excercises everyday and continue to grow??

i know when doing weights it is wrong to do the same bodypart 2days in a row but what about when you do bodyweight??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can you do bodyweight excercises everyday and continue to grow??

Man...you sure got a thing for bodyweight exercises.....whats this, the 4th topic?

Anyways, I'm no expert, but I dont see why it would be any different from doing actual weights.Your body doesnt know the difference between rebuilding muscles after freeweights or machines or bodyweight exercises.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Walking is body weight exersize,Ive been doing it all my life and added 228 lbs
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Walking is body weight exersize,Ive been doing it all my life and added 228 lbs
    LOL cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

arent u suppos to train for endurance and not mass bodywieight exercises will give you endurance not mass... (maybe some if you try thug workouts :P)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They'll give you endurance and strength. 'mass' is nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm doing a real life study on this... on myself!

i used to stick to bodyweight exercises and i reached a big plateau, only if i put on bodyweight would there be any more resistance for my muscles adapt to.

I've since rejoined the gym after 2 years of bodyweight exercises and got back into my old bodybuilding diet and exercise routine.

Its been one month already and the leap in strength/size is obviously light years ahead of where i was... in july i'm taking photos to compare to april

Muscle memory will take hold as i used to be a shade off 18 stone 3 years ago so the muscle will pack on quicker.

I have a workout/training diary with photos on a bodybuilding website i mod, PM me for link if your interested.

Thread Information