Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton lost the fight?

How can you honestly say hatton outright lost that fight? It was close, but you start off with an automatic 10-8 round. Throw that out and I can see it going either way, but you can't. Hatton won the fight and that's the bottom line. He had knockdowns, was more aggressive, set the pace, had a higher punch output AND punches landed in a back and forth fight. The only way you saw him losing the fight is if you wanted to see him lose it to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton lost the fight?

On a side note, I definitely don't think Hatton should be fighting up at 147 due to his style and size. Oh and Luis Collazo's front teeth look like you could open a can of refried beans on them. That's all I could think of the whole time he was rambling that BS to the HBO cameras. Buuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (that's an electric can opener by the way.)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton lost the fight. And it ain't only cuz I had money on Collazo. Well maybe a little. But Hatton was suppose to walk through Collazo. What happened?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Hatton's face looked like tenderized meat. Hatton hit on the break and caught Collazo off balance scoring ONE KNOCKDOWN. The sucker was out on his feet in the last round, and got a boxing lesson, thats why he lost the damn fight Hatton nuthuggers.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The knockdown was lucky punch that caught Collazo on his heels, he looked at the ref sttraight away after he hit the floor and showed he wasnt hurt. Collazo landed the better cleaner punches throughout the fight whilst Ricky was content to walk straight forward, straight back and get hit constantly. Hatton showed nothing thats gonna make him a superstar in America. I saida while back that Ricky was only Frank Warrens 'golden cow', I think Frank knew Rickys level and thats why he fought lightweights and hand picked aging welters most of his career in Manchester. Now Hattons went to the US and been exposed in my opinion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian
    How can you honestly say hatton outright lost that fight? It was close, but you start off with an automatic 10-8 round. Throw that out and I can see it going either way, but you can't. Hatton won the fight and that's the bottom line. He had knockdowns, was more aggressive, set the pace, had a higher punch output AND punches landed in a back and forth fight. The only way you saw him losing the fight is if you wanted to see him lose it to begin with.
    Are you joking.. If anything Ledermans scorecard was the best you could possibly have it for Hatton.. 114-113 and that's obviously counting the 10-8 round.. Even still he gave a couple rounds to Hatton that I though could have been Collazo, definetly one was at least a 10-10 round imo. The rounds Collazo won on that scorecard were completely clear , and considering how the fight we't Hatton's KD certainly shouldnt mean more than how badly Collazo hurt Hatton in the 12th, even if it wasn't a 10-8 round Hatton certainly didn't come across as a winner at the final bell after getting beat up out on his feet in the final round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His face always looks like tenderized meat. Then again, Collazo's teeth probably don't retract so they must always give him the can opener look. Touche!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]Your wrong, there was one knock down (and that was a flash knockdown). He was aggressive sure. Anyone that leads with their face is aggressive but what does that prove....He was thouroughly outboxed, only set the pace when Collazo let him threw on average 2.4 punches per round more and showed no boxing skills. Hatton held constantly, hit Collazo with numerous punches to the back of the head and hit on the breaks.The only thing hatton did better than Collazo was in the getting hurt category. Hatton was going down and held on..should have been a 10-8 round in the 12th......Hatton needs to stay over in europe because the only thing he's going to get here are beatdowns....did you not see AHatton's face? Collazo was fine.....Did you not see Hatton's family? Even they knew he lost the fight......
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bear in mind I only listened to the fight on the radio but Collazo didn't seem to hurt when knocked down but apparently he was pretty stunned at the end of the second. How hurt was he ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo was never hurt. NEver anything like Hatton was hurt a couple times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never anything like that 12th round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by enigma
    Bear in mind I only listened to the fight on the radio but Collazo didn't seem to hurt when knocked down but apparently he was pretty stunned at the end of the second. How hurt was he ?
    those announcers were watching a different fight. Collazo was never hurt or even stunned.....Hatton was wobbled a few times...and was out on his feet in the 12th....no way he won that fight....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton was out on his feet?IS that why collazo was running away?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Entragian

F*CK ME
    FINALLY....FINALLY.... We have someone who watched the SAME fight that me and my mates did
    SPOT ON FELLA
    Ricky scraped it bigtime but he won by a round
    Fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and Smashup what did you watch in the 12th round? or were they trying to revive you

Thread Information