Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm not bashing Ricky Hatton but......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm not bashing Ricky Hatton but......

Honestly, all of you who talked all that shat about Hatton being so good, now what is your excuse? Now do you think he can beat Oscar or Floyd? or even a top welter or Jr. middle? I thought that his size would make him an easy candidate? Tell me now what you think cuz Callazo was fookin' robbed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm not bashing Ricky Hatton but.........................................

Their excuse is the weight, that Collazo was a southpaw, that Collazo is the second best welterweight in the world, and that Collazo htis harder then Mayweather and Judah.

All those excuses have been cited within the last 24 hours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm not bashing Ricky Hatton but.........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Their excuse is the weight, that Collazo was a southpaw, that Collazo is the second best welterweight in the world, and that Collazo htis harder then Mayweather and Judah.

All those excuses have been cited within the last 24 hours
    Collazo isn't even in the same level as PBF or Judah, so WTF do they mean?
    Can someone please explain this to me? Collazo is not that good but yet he won the fight and got robbed wtf?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Northside, who are you to talk about excuses? I remember plenty of Zab Judah discussions where every other post was an excuse.

Either way welcome back/

El Kabong Guest

I think Collazo's style caused Ricky problems more than anything else. Ricky didn't work like he usually does.

I take nothing away from Collazo but he lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I think Collazo's style caused Ricky problems more than anything else. Ricky didn't work like he usually does.

Now what do you think about Hatton/Judah, Hatton/PBF or Hatton/DLH?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    Now Northside, who are you to talk about excuses? I remember plenty of Zab Judah discussions where every other post was an excuse.

Either way welcome back/
    I did not give Judah an excuse for his fight with PBF so what are you talkin' bout?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4

Either way welcome back/
    I did not give Judah an excuse for his fight with PBF so what are you talkin' bout?
    Judah - Tszyu

Anyways, I think underestimating his opponent is a legit excuse in this case but I doubt you'll get Hatton to admit it.

El Kabong Guest

Now what do you think about Hatton/Judah, Hatton/PBF or Hatton/DLH?
    OK

Hatton-Judah: this all depends on which Zab comes to fight. Zab COULD easily outpoint Ricky by staying on his bicycle and using his speed. BUT seeing how Zab "Lord of the Dance" Judah takes people lightly on a regular basis I see Ricky hurting him to the head and body and the ref stops the fight. But this could run the gammit from draw to Ricky via KO or Zab via KO. A GOOD match up of styles because Zab doesn't like pressure fighters and Ricky apparently doesn't like slick boxers.

Hatton-PBF: Right now or in the future I see PBF winning via TKO cuts. Now the crux of the fight is whether Ricky can land on Floyd, I think he's a longshot to KO PBF based on the wide punches he threw but also based on the work he USUALLY does inside I think he could KO Floyd if, IF he fights correctly. Worse comes to worse it's a boring fight with PBF jumping in and out landing at will and Ricky swinging for the fences.

Hatton-ODH: Biggest mismatch of the bunch. Ricky is trying to get used to 147 and ODH has been hit by Trinidad and Hopkins and he LOVES guys who try to brawl. Oscar wins via TKO just like vs Vargas or Mayorga but earlier.

The BEST matchups at this time are as follows.

Hatton-Gatti
    Hatton-Cotto
    Hatton-Baldomir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab never used the excuse od underestimating Tszyu. Zab said himself that Tszyu caught him with a good shot and that he was hurt and didn't know what was going on so he takes his hat off to tszyu. it's like that incredible hulk thing he talked about before the fight he had went back to david banner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Zab never used the excuse od underestimating Tszyu. Zab said himself that Tszyu caught him with a good shot and that he was hurt and didn't know what was going on so he takes his hat off to tszyu. it's like that incredible hulk thing he talked about before the fight he had went back to david banner
    Exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either way welcome back/
    Judah - Tszyu

Anyways, I think underestimating his opponent is a legit excuse in this case but I doubt you'll get Hatton to admit it.
    your right I did have what you call excuses for that fight, but there sure was a reason Kostya never remtched, hhmmmmmm!

El Kabong Guest

It's not that he SAYS he takes them lightly, he carries himself like he's taking those guys lightly. VS Tszyu, he has his hands down as always but backed up CARELESSLY (straight back) which Tszyu picked up on and BANG end of night for Zab. VS Spinks I he waited and waited and WAAAAITED to throw punches...it's almost like he thought Cory's head would magnetically attract his fists...he GAVE THAT FIGHT AWAY which really btohered me and then he had the GALL to talk shit about the decision....what a bastard

You can read Zab's body language JUST like Shane Mosley's...you can tell when they are beaten or when they will be beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not that he SAYS he takes them lightly, he carries himself like he's taking those guys lightly. VS Tszyu, he has his hands down as always but backed up CARELESSLY (straight back) which Tszyu picked up on and BANG end of night for Zab. VS Spinks I he waited and waited and WAAAAITED to throw punches...it's almost like he thought Cory's head would magnetically attract his fists...he GAVE THAT FIGHT AWAY which really btohered me and then he had the GALL to talk S*** about the decision....what a B******
    I agree he did give away fights & looked lazy like he wasn't really into the sport

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not that he SAYS he takes them lightly, he carries himself like he's taking those guys lightly. VS Tszyu, he has his hands down as always but backed up CARELESSLY (straight back) which Tszyu picked up on and BANG end of night for Zab. VS Spinks I he waited and waited and WAAAAITED to throw punches...it's almost like he thought Cory's head would magnetically attract his fists...he GAVE THAT FIGHT AWAY which really btohered me and then he had the GALL to talk S*** about the decision....what a B******
    I agree he did give away fights & looked lazy like he wasn't really into the sport
    That hands down style was how Judah had always fought to that point. He did the same against ward and still won all but 1 round

Thread Information