Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Felix Sturm's next match up on July the 15th, 2006

Well...finally I get some news regarding my bwoy Felix Sturm.

July the 15th, 2006 he fights battle tested veteran Javier Castillejo (60 wins with 40 ko's & 6 losses) in Hamburg, Germany at the Color Line Arena.

This should be another good test for my guy. I wish that he could get someone else...someone bigger...but he's taken a few steps up in his young career & I'll continue to be die hard on the gent.

Castillejo is a bit tricky. He did pretty well against Vargas & caused him some problems. The Oscar fight was years ago for Casti...so it's a moot point. What is of note is that he's had 2 or 3 fights since the loss to Vargas & he's done fairly well since.

Should be a good measuring stick for Sturm as he continues to shape up a nice career record.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Felix Sturm's next match up on July the 15th, 2006

Sturm is a real talent with an undeserved 'L' on his record and I've been watching his prgress for a while now... he definitely has the tools to top the middleweight mountain in my opinion.
    Speaking of middleweight, that division is really starting to heat up right now. Taylor, Winky, Abraham, Miranda, Pavlik, Sturm etc... Lots of young and talented fighters coming through (except for Winky of course, hehe. He is not so young anymore. ). Could be some real interesting fights down the road at middleweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Sturm is a real talent with an undeserved 'L' on his record and I've been watching his prgress for a while now... he definitely has the tools to top the middleweight mountain in my opinion.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Speaking of middleweight, that division is really starting to heat up right now. Taylor, Winky, Abraham, Miranda, Pavlik, Sturm etc... Lots of young and talented fighters coming through (except for winky of course, hehe. He is not so young anymore. ). Could be some real interesting fights down the road at middleweight.
    The division is sick right now! Sick...I mean that in a good way...sick.

All of those fights are insane if they materialize.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havn't seen too much of Sturm, but from what I've seen he reminds me of Winky a great deal (minus the fucked up looking helmet), real solid fighter.

Is he big enough to impose his jab onto Taylor? That seems to be his key to victory in every fight, always wondered how it'd work on Jermaine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for info Mr. Wack,you've made me a fan of this guy,I like his style,he does the basics well and would cause most in the division problems. How dod you think he would fare against Abrham,Taylor etc the other elite guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are alot of names the in the middleweight division but IMO only Taylor, Sturm, and WInky stick out ... all three of them could be hall of famers, and at least one of them already is and another has the red carpet laid out in front of him... with Winky standing between him and his goal.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

July the 15th, 2006 he fights battle tested veteran Javier Castillejo (60 wins with 40 ko's & 6 losses) in Hamburg, Germany at the Color Line Arena.

This should be another good test for my guy. I wish that he could get someone else...someone bigger...but he's taken a few steps up in his young career & I'll continue to be die hard on the gent.

Castillejo is a bit tricky. He did pretty well against Vargas & caused him some problems. The Oscar fight was years ago for Casti...so it's a moot point. What is of note is that he's had 2 or 3 fights since the loss to Vargas & he's done fairly well since.

Should be a good measuring stick for Sturm as he continues to shape up a nice career record.
    Oh please. Castillejo is not a good matchup, if anything its a bit of a step backwards. He's a 154 lber not a middleweight. His greatest accomplishment is sporting a fukin Mullet and still managing to bag a hot babe(see the entrance to the Vargas fight).
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea they should have put Sturm him in against, Soliman, Miranda or even against Manfredo or Sechew Powell would have been more interesting to me.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by maracho
    Yea they should have put Sturm him in against, Soliman, Miranda or even against Manfredo or Sechew Powell would have been more interesting to me.
    Yes let him try to solve the Soliman puzzle, that guy has crazy stamina. Or take on the devastating power punch Edison Miranda. Powell is a very solid boxer himself, maybe not quite ready to fight Sturm though. I'm tellin ya that Miranda, give him a few more fights and he'll be ready to beat the best. The guy has crazy power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by maracho
    Yes let him try to solve the Soliman puzzle, that guy has crazy stamina. Or take on the devastating power punch Edison Miranda. Powell is a very solid boxer himself, maybe not quite ready to fight Sturm though. I'm tellin ya that Miranda, give him a few more fights and he'll be ready to beat the best. The guy has crazy power.
    Sturms last opponent, former WBA Middleweight champion Maselino Masoe, had in 26 wins 25 KOs...
    I think that Sturm can deal with power...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk

Oh please. Castillejo is not a good matchup, if anything its a bit of a step backwards. He's a 154 lber not a middleweight. His greatest accomplishment is sporting a fukin Mullet and still managing to bag a hot babe(see the entrance to the Vargas fight).
    Nothing is a step backwards for Sturm unless he starts fighting prospects & the like.

You have to remember that Sturm is as green as Taylor is...you can't rush them along or otherwise you have a situation like you had with Vargas De la Hoya...or how about Mayorga De la Hoya...oh...bad example...Oscar got pretty much creamed by Sturm...I'm sorry...that was a bad example...but you get my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what hurt Sturm was jabbing, jabbing, and jabbing again w/o implimenting anything else. Granted he won the fight (clearly), but it was Sturm's job to know the judges always have liked Oscar's flashy combinations and always will. Planning to jab ODLH for 12 rounds and get the decision was the wrong thing to do, even it was the right thing.

Although I had no idea he was green like Taylor, thats good to know. One thing I've always liked about Jermaine is knowing he's gonna get better, looking forward to seeing them progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    I think what hurt Sturm was jabbing, jabbing, and jabbing again w/o implimenting anything else. Granted he won the fight (clearly), but it was Sturm's job to know the judges always have liked Oscar's flashy combinations and always will. Planning to jab ODLH for 12 rounds and get the decision was the wrong thing to do, even it was the right thing.

Although I had no idea he was green like Taylor, thats good to know. One thing I've always liked about Jermaine is knowing he's gonna get better, looking forward to seeing them progress.
    Personally...I think that Sturm did enough to beat Oscar...but the judges thought differently.

As far as Taylor & Sturm are concerned...both of them are fantastic fighters. Taylor was one of my favorites...he's fallen off a bit on my approval scale...but that was basically coming from the fact that he had a stick up his pooper in the form of Dibella & everything that he said came out JT's mouf. Hopefully that's over now.

I would love to see a rubber match (so to speak) with Taylor & Sturm to settle the score from the Olympic/Am days.

Both are coming along nicely.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights

Personally...I think that Sturm did enough to beat Oscar...but the judges thought differently.

As far as Taylor & Sturm are concerned...both of them are fantastic fighters. Taylor was one of my favorites...he's fallen off a bit on my approval scale...but that was basically coming from the fact that he had a stick up his pooper in the form of Dibella & everything that he said came out JT's mouf. Hopefully that's over now.

I would love to see a rubber match (so to speak) with Taylor & Sturm to settle the score from the Olympic/Am days.

Both are coming along nicely.
    Never knew they faced one another in the amatuers. Who won? Probably Taylor I'm sure. And facing Castillejo is a step down damnit.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a nice easy win for Sturm

Thread Information