Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Forum DUMPS Marquez brothers?!?(Already!?)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Forum DUMPS Marquez brothers?!?(Already!?)

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EtVTFelYr.html

Forum dumps Marquez Bros.

Monday, May 15 2006

Forum Boxing, who reached a verbal agreement with the Marquez brothers back in March, walked away from the deal on Friday after learning they were speaking with other promoters. Forum Boxing announced today that they were putting the final touches on two HBO dates when it was discovered that both fighters were negotiating with several promoters. "I had no idea the fighters had reservations about moving forward," said Forum Boxing president, John Jackson. "Their new demands were a surprise to me, especially since they were the ones that contacted Forum Boxing last December. We were hesitant at first, but their representatives Jamie Quintana and Ignacio Beristain were persistent. We eventually came to a verbal agreement. Based on our previous relationship (The company previously promoted Juan and Rafael at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood, California), you would think these guys would show a little integrity. Now it is up to my attorneys to decide how we will proceed."

I don't believe this,when will we see this BRILLIANt brothers in action on a regular basis? If they were fighting often,both would be P4P top 10¬

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forum DUMPS Marquez brothers?!?(Already!?)

yea just another example of discrimination via boxing's megacorporal skull duggery. The Marquez brothers have probably been to wise to allow themselves to be controlled and is why they are experiencing more of it than most.

Here is another article on Juan Manuel Marquez
    www.ringtalk.com

MARQUEZ-JOHN HARD TO FIND; HARDER TO STOMACH!

There is some reason for that silence though. It’s the heist that no one saw. Juan Manuel Marquez (44-3-1, 33 KO’s) headed to Indonesia to face WBA 126 lb. titlist Chris John (37-0-1, 20 KO’s) for a belt he never lost in the ring and, by some accounts, lost fair and square. Anyone who has read those accounts is in my opinion being lied to. The argument that scoring is subjective is a fair one, but only to a point. When a fighter out- hrows his opponent, that can be countered with good defense and effective counter punching that results in an equal number of punches landed. That’s how you get the wide variance of opinion on a Hasim Rahman-James Toney. This wasn’t like that. Marquez threw more, landed more, backed John up all night, and hurt him on more than one occasion. My scorecard read 115-110, with seven rounds for Marquez, two for John and three even rounds. Two of the even rounds saw Marquez deducted points for low blows so in reality he won nine rounds. Yet, here he is three weeks later with no belt, no pound for pound status and no one in the press caring enough to complain if they even cared enough to find the fight. Where are people like ESPN’s Dan Rafael on this one?

WORSE THAN A HOMETOWN DECISION?

For those who have seen this fight, it could be passed off as a hometown decision, but I see something more nefarious. While many proclaim that fighters need to be protected and decry their treatment by sanctioning bodies and promoters, how often do they take the side of the fighter when they are still fighting? Marquez was blasted in media for turning down a rematch with Manny Pacquiao, getting the story almost completely from his then-promoter Bob Arum. Marquez and his manager Nacho Beristain quickly became persona non-grata, and that’s always a bad spot for a fighter. When the establishment decides a fighter is a troublemaker, or that they can’t make money off of them, those fighters have a funny way of getting screwed into obscurity.

MARQUEZ JOINS A LONG LIST OF THE VANQUISHED!

In fact, there is a fairly storied history of such things. Larry Holmes didn’t tow the line and wound up on the wrong side of one of the worst decisions ever in a heavyweight title fight during his rematch with Michael Spinks. James Toney pissed off everyone around him for years and was thanked for it with not one but two bad decision losses to Montell Griffin. John Ruiz was so universally reviled that even those who recognized that he had been robbed silly against Nicolay Valuev for his WBA belt last year seemed willing to just overlook the injustice. Much like Marquez-John, no one had seen the heist!

MARQUEZ MAY NOT BE DONE YET!

Marquez can take some solace in knowing that, if he humbles himself and gets back in line, boxing might give him another run. They did for Holmes and Toney (though don’t count on it for Ruiz). That isn’t good enough. One of the best fighters in the world, pound for pound, was robbed silly after a 2005 when he had two belts stolen from him through some of the most seemingly corrupt politics ever seen. Anyone in the press who justifies the decision in John-Marquez should in my estimation have their credibility questioned, perhaps even down to their relationship with the enemies (Arum) of Marquez and Beristain. Marquez may not be a beloved figure, and he can be as boring as watching paint dry, but he deserved the decision against John and that should be all that matters
    http://ringtalk.com/index.php?action...ments=1&id=471

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Rafa marquez signed with Gary Shaw. and thir both fighting on August, I think their Manager has alot to do with bad descision making its to bad cuz your right these guys should be a part of bigger fights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC guys for replying Maracho,was the infor from the article or did you write it? I thought he won the John fight too!

Thread Information