Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Ike Ibeabuchi close to getting out of Prison???and can he be the savior

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Ike Ibeabuchi close to getting out of Prison???and can he be the savior

Quote Originally Posted by atomic bull
    No I don't think so, last I heard and I think it was on Friday nite fights, was that he was close to 400 ibs, and he was on thorzine or something, it a shame cause he was IMO destined to be the next big thing in the heavyweight division, Lewis and Holyfield should thank there lucky stars.
    Man no shit400lbs huh? That sucks I must have been reading old info...He was supposed to have Wrote 2 books working out like a champ,and furthered his education....What a shame

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Ike Ibeabuchi close to getting out of Prison???and can he be the savior

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    http://www.ikeibeabuchi.org/

His KO of Byrd was vicious! But I think that KO really got him overrated
    "His 12 round defeat of then-undefeated, highly-touted David Tua in 1997 set the record for most punches thrown in a heavyweight bout, 1,750, the majority, 975, thrown by Ike"

Not to be snubbed...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    how old will he be now? if he's young for a heavy... possibly but 6 years is a long time no matter how old you are.

I'd like to see...

Any one know if he's boxed in prison?
    He has certainly been bashed around the ring in prison.

Well if no-one has laughed by now Id say let it go

Give it up... it's over.

That's the third time I have cracked that gag, in different prison-related circumstances. ..... and I'm darn well going to keep doing it until someone at least titters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Larryboy
    I read somewhere he's up for parole in 2007. He didn't get the last one because apparently he's not been exactly a model prisoner, I'm guessing that means fighting and probably drugs too, seeing as that's most common in prison.
    Ike does come up for air in 2007...but don't expect him to make it out of the water.

He's actually been a model prisoner & he's also doing a lot of good things in prison last I heard. Also...he aint close to 400lbs...he was like 10-15lbs above his fighting weight.

He's been denied paroll due to the facts of what he did prior to the sentancing & also his mental capacity.

As soon as Ike get's out here...his ass get's deported back to Nigeria for what he did to his girl friend's little boy.

Ike's a nut job...but he was a pretty fun fighter to watch & he'd rip of the divsion if he had gotten out the first time...but I'd think that he's just been away way too long.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

As soon as Ike get's out here...his a** get's deported back to Nigeria for what he did to his girl friend's little boy.
    Send him to us in Britain, we never deport dangerous foreign nationals. He can have a house, free healthcare and a life on benefits. Put him on a 'plane and it will be an added bonus to him if he hijacks it.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/19...ts/index1.html

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/STkDavidIzon.html

http://www.gamblingmagazine.com/articles/40/40-338.htm

When Ike "The President" Ibeabuchi knocked out highly touted heavyweight Chris Byrd in May to become the division's No. 1 contender, it appeared he had overcome the demons that made him kidnap his ex-girlfriend's 15-year-old son last year and drive with him at 70 mph into a concrete pillar, severely injuring the boy. But when he lunched with HBO boxing chief Lou DiBella in New York two months later to discuss a deal that would make him a heavily promoted star, "the President" broke protocol and began waiving a steak knife at DiBella, demanding millions more per fight than was being discussed. Within a month, Ibeabuchi had been arrested for raping a Las Vegas call girl, flown out of control during his arraignment and allegedly bitten a guard in Las Vegas jail, thus securing the right to star in an upcoming episode of the fight game's sick and twisted maniac comeback series.
    Heavyweight contender "The President" Ike Ibeabuchi (20-0) 15KO's is at Lake's Crossing Mental Health Facility in Sparks, NV. He was arrested for alleged sexual assault back in July 1999, and was ruled by Disrict Court Judge Joseph Bonaventure, to be forced to undergo medication for Bipolar or schizoaffective disorder against his will. Before being detained in jail, the Nigerian-born punch thrower was being touted as the new Mike Tyson after beating top heavyweight contender David Tua and former WBO heavyweight champ, Chris Byrd.
    After hearing from mental health experts, District Judge Joseph Bonaventure ordered Ibeabuchi sent to Lakes Crossing, the state home for mentally ill offenders in Sparks, Nevada, several months ago.
    Ibeabuchi has been there since. Authorities are trying to get Ibeabuchi to take medications such as mood stabilizers and anti-psychotic drugs. But so far, Ibeabuchi has refused to take the medications voluntarily. As a result, Nevada authorities are trying to get Judge Bonaventure to order that Ibeabuchi be forcibly given the drugs. A hearing was scheduled to hear evidence and argument on the matter on Dec. 18th. But the hearing was vacated on Monday and both the state and defense will return to court now on Jan. 4th to determine whether additional proceedings are necessary. The hearing was vacated after Ibeabuchi briefly agreed to take the drugs. But Ibeabuchi has changed his mind again and is refusing to take the drugs. Authorities are also continuing to try other methods to get Ibeabuchi to take the drugs. Ibeabuchi's defense attorney Richard Wright opposes the request to forcibly medicate the boxer, saying that authorities have not exhausted other methods less drastic than forcible injection. Wright also says that forcibly medicating Ibeabuchi could cause irreparable damage to Ibeabuchi that would preclude the boxer from ever resuming his boxing career. Authorities are also awaiting to hear from a panel of three experts as to whether or not Ibeabuchi is competent to stand trial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me he looks like close to 400 pounds. I doubt that he has been doing much training in jail.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by maracho

When Ike "The President" Ibeabuchi knocked out highly touted heavyweight Chris Byrd in May to become the division's No. 1 contender, it appeared he had overcome the demons that made him kidnap his ex-girlfriend's 15-year-old son last year and drive with him at 70 mph into a concrete pillar, severely injuring the boy. But when he lunched with HBO boxing chief Lou DiBella in New York two months later to discuss a deal that would make him a heavily promoted star, "the President" broke protocol and began waiving a steak knife at DiBella, demanding millions more per fight than was being discussed. Within a month, Ibeabuchi had been arrested for raping a Las Vegas call girl, flown out of control during his arraignment and allegedly bitten a guard in Las Vegas jail, thus securing the right to star in an upcoming episode of the fight game's sick and twisted maniac comeback series.
    Heavyweight contender "The President" Ike Ibeabuchi (20-0) 15KO's is at Lake's Crossing Mental Health Facility in Sparks, NV. He was arrested for alleged sexual assault back in July 1999, and was ruled by Disrict Court Judge Joseph Bonaventure, to be forced to undergo medication for Bipolar or schizoaffective disorder against his will. Before being detained in jail, the Nigerian-born punch thrower was being touted as the new Mike Tyson after beating top heavyweight contender David Tua and former WBO heavyweight champ, Chris Byrd.
    After hearing from mental health experts, District Judge Joseph Bonaventure ordered Ibeabuchi sent to Lakes Crossing, the state home for mentally ill offenders in Sparks, Nevada, several months ago.
    Ibeabuchi has been there since. Authorities are trying to get Ibeabuchi to take medications such as mood stabilizers and anti-psychotic drugs. But so far, Ibeabuchi has refused to take the medications voluntarily. As a result, Nevada authorities are trying to get Judge Bonaventure to order that Ibeabuchi be forcibly given the drugs. A hearing was scheduled to hear evidence and argument on the matter on Dec. 18th. But the hearing was vacated on Monday and both the state and defense will return to court now on Jan. 4th to determine whether additional proceedings are necessary. The hearing was vacated after Ibeabuchi briefly agreed to take the drugs. But Ibeabuchi has changed his mind again and is refusing to take the drugs. Authorities are also continuing to try other methods to get Ibeabuchi to take the drugs. Ibeabuchi's defense attorney Richard Wright opposes the request to forcibly medicate the boxer, saying that authorities have not exhausted other methods less drastic than forcible injection. Wright also says that forcibly medicating Ibeabuchi could cause irreparable damage to Ibeabuchi that would preclude the boxer from ever resuming his boxing career. Authorities are also awaiting to hear from a panel of three experts as to whether or not Ibeabuchi is competent to stand trial
    If you are posting up reports from outside of this site can you also post the original link, or quote the source at the top of your post

Cheers fella cc for the post
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by azumir
    To me he looks like close to 400 pounds. I doubt that he has been doing much training in jail.

Thats what I heard, that he was close to 400 ibs, just look at the picture, but some people think they know it all!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by atomic bull
    Quote Originally Posted by azumir

Thats what I heard, that he was close to 400 ibs, just look at the picture, but some people think they know it all!
    I think he is nearly 400 pounds now, isn't he?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are posting up reports from outside of this site can you also post the original link, or quote the source at the top of your post
    Cheers fella cc for the post

I did a five minute cut and paste from the first three articles off google so just do the opposite and you will find them

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    He's not coming back, he's been away waaaaaay too long to have any impact.

Wlad is the champ, Wlad will beat anyone out there right now

Got anymore kneeslappers? Wlad outboxed a green rookie albeit a monster punchere too in Peter, then KO'd a nearly shot Byrd and suddennly he is INVINCIBLE!!! yeah...right.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is not a pic of a 400 lb man

The prez is only 6'2" and he doesn't look much fatter than me in that pic (I'm 6' 260).

I honestly don't know what of this stuff is true, but I doubt he'll ever box again
    and if he is taking his thorazine he's probably spending most of his time drooling on himself.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly cannot believe what a fukin Psycho this guy really is. He puts Mike Tyson to shame. Hell he'd probably scare even Mike.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information