Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: WHO WILL WIN?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: LOGAN - AUGUSTUS

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default LOGAN - AUGUSTUS

LOGAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: LOGAN - AUGUSTUS

AUGUSTUS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

damn, he did OK, he held his own, but augustus deserved the win

logan was about to start dancing and augustus knocked him into the ropes so he never got his own rhythm going

it would have been great if logan danced back

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHO THE FUCK JUST VOTED AFTER THE FIGHT ALREADY HAPPENED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every time i see Agustus fight i pray that he gets KTFO. I hate that guy but how can I not watch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Weebels
    Every time i see Agustus fight i pray that he gets KTFO. I hate that guy but how can I not watch.
    How can you not like Augustus? He's freakin awesome. And he looked pretty good tonight against a guy who despite his record is a pretty good boxer and counter puncher.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher

me I watched it on the ESPN replay since I was gone when it was showed the 1st time. I loved the fight, as Augustus showed great skills 1 more time. Marteze Logan showed me something too, but lacked the stamina to stay with Augustus when they were trading shots in close. Logan is actually a good fighter, durable with fast hands. He ties up inside sometimes, but it's because he occasionally feels the need to take a short rest. He fights well inside too.

Augustus showed a skill that nobody has mentioned, not even Joe Tessitore or Teddy Atlas, an ability to avoid getting tied up in close by a fighter looking to grab. That is a very rare skill. If you don't believe me, watch the fight again. Teddy Atlas has has said things like "it takes 2 to tango" and "he allows himself to get tied up" and other similar remarks but he's never explained how a fighter is supposed to keep his arms free against an opponent trying to clinch. It took Augustus to demonstrate it by pulling his arms back at the moment when the opponent looks to grab. Of course a determined clincher often can't be stopped but can be discouraged.

Augustus should be a trainer or a boxing commentator when his career is over. He has skills that even most boxing commentators don't know about, maybe even some trainers, and has been in the ring with more great fighters than any fighter in the world today. He's an entertainer\gladiator, part of a throwback tradition dating back to the days when a fighter needed to appeal to the audience more than judges and the referee.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mokele

me I watched it on the ESPN replay since I was gone when it was showed the 1st time. I loved the fight, as Augustus showed great skills 1 more time. Marteze Logan showed me something too, but lacked the stamina to stay with Augustus when they were trading shots in close. Logan is actually a good fighter, durable with fast hands. He ties up inside sometimes, but it's because he occasionally feels the need to take a short rest. He fights well inside too.

Augustus showed a skill that nobody has mentioned, not even Joe Tessitore or Teddy Atlas, an ability to avoid getting tied up in close by a fighter looking to grab. That is a very rare skill. If you don't believe me, watch the fight again. Teddy Atlas has has said things like "it takes 2 to tango" and "he allows himself to get tied up" and other similar remarks but he's never explained how a fighter is supposed to keep his arms free against an opponent trying to clinch. It took Augustus to demonstrate it by pulling his arms back at the moment when the opponent looks to grab. Of course a determined clincher often can't be stopped but can be discouraged.

Augustus should be a trainer or a boxing commentator when his career is over. He has skills that even most boxing commentators don't know about, maybe even some trainers, and has been in the ring with more great fighters than any fighter in the world today. He's an entertainer\gladiator, part of a throwback tradition dating back to the days when a fighter needed to appeal to the audience more than judges and the referee.

Yeah I noticed that too. Everytime or nearly everytime Logan tried to tie up, Augustus shoved him away and pounded him. But I also think it is the way Logan tries to tie up, he just sorta leans forward onto his opponent.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHO THE F*** JUST VOTED AFTER THE FIGHT ALREADY HAPPENED

Note to Sal: You need to put a time limit on these polls, so people don't vote after. LOL. Either that or you need to come in and lock the poll before the fight starts.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was gonna do that but i couldnt figure out how to lock it

Thread Information