Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default few questions

well im a lil bit of a young gunner that jus loves to box n im obsessed with it ....and i have a friend that teaches me some things but i still got a few questions SOOOO

well first off i dont have a personal trainer or anything, i got a weight lifting set up thing at the house...i weigh about 120 and bench around 135 or 140....but on to the questions

#1) i kinda jus have to teach myself minus the help from a few friends, but should i buy a speed bag, heavy bag, shadow box or wat?

#2)wats the main equipment i need?

#3)wats sommin to make my hands quicker? i mean their pretty quick as is...i got wrist weights..anything else?

#4)uhh..there isnt a #4 but anything else u wanna add?

but ya im 15 and theres only 1 gym close that u can get a personal trainer but u gotta b 16 to get it so...till then i guess ima jus do it my way...with some of ya'lls help...but thanks for any help...comments..etc

thx

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: few questions

How long till you're 16? I wouldn't go spending loads of money on equipment if you've only gotta wait 12 months or less to be aloud to boxer properly under a real trainer. may seem a long way off to you but trust me its not... when you're an old man like me (19 :P) the months fly by.. save you're money... focus on you're fitness (no sparring with you're mates... stupid bag work... you'll get into bad habits which make learning correct technique harder) till then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

would a speed bag help or make it harder for me wen i get a trainer?....i can totally see how a heavy bag would make it bad...cuz they dont swing back...but a speed bag would make ur hands quicker am i correct? and i got about 11 months till im 16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and i kno workin out is 1 of the most important things..and being in shape..i can run about a 6:50 mile or so...but wat else like drinks and food?

i know protien....wat else? and wat would b a good drink..? im jus like obsessed with boxing...i dno y but its the koolest thing since playdoh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good drink would be water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ya i practically live off water....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foods like fish,certain meats,grains (nutri-gran bars, oatmeal, etc.), dont really need anything fried, everything fried is fattening. And for drinks, just water and juices from time to time. Most protein drinks are pretty good. Just use your head when your about to put something in your mouth, its really just common sense if it is gonna help your body or bad for your body.

As for workouts without using heavybag/double end bag/speedbag....I suggest pushups,situps,burpees, and do lots of sprints/skipping/running. Just lots of varations. You do this and when you get 16 you will be ready to tear it up, I guarantee it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ya i work out quite a bit...never heard of a burpee...or watever...maybe i have jus called sommin diff...

so shoild i buy a speed bag or wait till i join a gym?....

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

up to you Unlike a punch bag you won't develop bad punching technique on the speed ball so why not?

Depends if you mind spending the money when you will have acsess to one in a few months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    up to you Unlike a punch bag you won't develop bad punching technique on the speed ball so why not?

Depends if you mind spending the money when you will have acsess to one in a few months

those few months i could b learning instead of sitting around..but its sounds like a speed bag is the better way so ima get 1...i got the money saved

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you can't learn a thing with out a trainer who understands boxing You can get fit but you don't need a speed ball to do it but like I said its up to you :P I wouldn't get a punch bag because if you hit it wrong (you will ) for 10 months of what ever you'll have to work hard to break you're old habbits and learn correct stuff... with a speed ball you won't get that because you don't actually perform that movement in the ring but for you what develop its not worth the money... invest in a good pair of running shoes

Thread Information