Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cora Jr. and Mighty Mo Lose

Only from a decent puncher and mma has none, please dont include butterbean or Botha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    haha like what was said in the other topic as far as Mo goes. MMA is different then boxing. Someone who has a great chin in MMA may have a glass chin in boxing
    Please explain the logic in that one Did he put on a new chin for the boxing matchYou ever been hit with someone wearing either kind of gloves I have and let me tell you I will take the Boxing glove all day compared to a lightly padded MMa glove!!!!!Man that was the dumbest post I have read...Stick to Boxing you know nothing about MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes I have. And I know plenty about MMA. And I will tell you that it is about form as well. IN MMA there's more dimentions you can go to so you aren't trained for certain leverages because you need to set up kicks or takedowns. It's vice versa, because an iron chin in boxing can find MMA much more difficult when it comes to taking it on the chin, same can be said an iron chin in MMA can have a glass chin in boxing. In each sport you are conditioned differently when it comes to dealing with it. in MMA you will rarely see a jab, and MMA's don't have the form of a boxer because they are trying to set up different dimentions of things like kicks takedowns or submissions, as a boxer they do not know the boxer's dimentions because they cannot kick or takedown when they box, so a boxer knows the dimentions are the punches, they aren't looking for angles to kick or take down like an MMAer may. So the conditioning is different and it's a completely different world. Many MMA's have said that boxing is the toughest sport for them because you don't get to take people down, there's one way in and one way out so an MMA'er looking for all those dimentions will be caught by simple punches. In the MMA ring a Jitsu artist doesn't have to worry about all those punches coming as the opponent also is cautious about getting his or her arm caught and put in a submission or a hold because of those dimentions. Put that same Jitsu artist in a boxing ring under boxing rules where if somebody throws a punch you need other ways they can't deal with a combination coming at them because the options they are so used to aren't in the rules of boxing.

Yea I sure don't know MMA

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How the hell have you never had a sad click ?

Not saying you desrve one for this but for all those posts not a one ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh never mind Ive just noticed you have more sad than cool, I just didnt look properly

Doh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I watch a lot of mma and I was even thinking about doing it cause I took thai boxing, wrestling and boxing, but I decided to stick to boxing cause I fell in love with it, if I ever become a champ in the name of my good lord I might decide to cross over to the mma, but anyways some of the the best strikers in the mma has natural striking ability. But what is better being a natural or training hard in something you are natural in. Like the bible says faith without works are nothing. Look at chuck liddel he is consider to be one of the greatest puncher ever, but look at how he punches any boxing coach would of layed in to him because of his techniques. Do anyone of yall remember when Chuck went to pride fc and went up against ( I think it was goodman) and his corner threw in the towel. Kimbo slice has more hand techniques than the so called best mma strikers and that is ridiculous. If Roy Jones had a sound take down defense and he was in his prime he would owned most of the mma striker cause they can not out strike him, then he would own most of the grappler cause they will never take him to the ground and since they are only using 6 oz gloves he is knocking most of them out with a high connect percentage.

Than one would have to realize that the matches would be boring up until the KO. Look what Tyson did to Mitch Green when he hit him with no gloves on. When I watch mma I think to myself what possessed them to get hit with that punch or kick. On the other hand look at all of the golden gloves boxer who get owned in professional boxing. If I ever cross over I will make sure I master the sweet science and then put something else in my arsenal. Remember what Mr atlas said to Moorer you are only doing enough to keep him off you. Most mma stars only train enough in boxing to say that they did it, and they get owned when they use boxing and have to stick to grappling.The samething goes for people who say they box but when they get whipped in a street fight they got people all over the world saying I beat a boxer I beat a boxer.

Final statement: Boxing is not being viewed the way it use to be viewed only because look who represent boxing and it is just not about throwing punches either.The same thing goes for Martial arts it is not being viewed and represented the way is should be either. boxing is a discipline it prepares you for anything if you can see a punch coming fast as lighting and dodge it with ease than you can see a more powerful and slightly slower kick coming to your face. The only thing a boxer fall short in is Ground Grappling and that includes submissions as well.The greatest mma of all time even sat downed and study the sweet science... Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Oh never mind Ive just noticed you have more sad than cool, I just didnt look properly

Doh
    I really dont care how many sad clicks I have I am not here to win a popularuty contest!!!! I actually train in MMA and know the dynamics of it the rules and training methods and fight with a Jeet Kune Do foundation which western boxing is Relied on heavily in the 1st range,so I know a little something about something

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    All these clowns think they can make it in boxing whenever they want. Guess not.
    Clown huh??do you compete?? Oh I guess no one is able to do another sport if they are already in one!!!!! That makes you a clown for tryingHey man dont forget there are quite a few boxers who have made the transition unsuccessfully into MMA and know one needles them for trying.... you have to stay in it long enough to have any success(Thats anything in life dude)
    Hell yeah I compete. I first learn to box when I was 9 years old. I'm 29 now. A badly broken wrist is why I never took it further. But I constantly step in a ring. Anybody that wishes to try, can come to Los Angeles. We can do some friendly sparring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vessel
    Well I watch a lot of mma and I was even thinking about doing it cause I took thai boxing, wrestling and boxing, but I decided to stick to boxing cause I fell in love with it, if I ever become a champ in the name of my good lord I might decide to cross over to the mma, but anyways some of the the best strikers in the mma has natural striking ability. But what is better being a natural or training hard in something you are natural in. Like the bible says faith without works are nothing. Look at chuck liddel he is consider to be one of the greatest puncher ever, but look at how he punches any boxing coach would of layed in to him because of his techniques. Do anyone of yall remember when Chuck went to pride fc and went up against ( I think it was goodman) and his corner threw in the towel. Kimbo slice has more hand techniques than the so called best mma strikers and that is ridiculous. If Roy Jones had a sound take down defense and he was in his prime he would owned most of the mma striker cause they can not out strike him, then he would own most of the grappler cause they will never take him to the ground and since they are only using 6 oz gloves he is knocking most of them out with a high connect percentage.

Than one would have to realize that the matches would be boring up until the KO. Look what Tyson did to Mitch Green when he hit him with no gloves on. When I watch mma I think to myself what possessed them to get hit with that punch or kick. On the other hand look at all of the golden gloves boxer who get owned in professional boxing. If I ever cross over I will make sure I master the sweet science and then put something else in my arsenal. Remember what Mr atlas said to Moorer you are only doing enough to keep him off you. Most mma stars only train enough in boxing to say that they did it, and they get owned when they use boxing and have to stick to grappling.The samething goes for people who say they box but when they get whipped in a street fight they got people all over the world saying I beat a boxer I beat a boxer.

Final statement: Boxing is not being viewed the way it use to be viewed only because look who represent boxing and it is just not about throwing punches either.The same thing goes for Martial arts it is not being viewed and represented the way is should be either. boxing is a discipline it prepares you for anything if you can see a punch coming fast as lighting and dodge it with ease than you can see a more powerful and slightly slower kick coming to your face. The only thing a boxer fall short in is Ground Grappling and that includes submissions as well.The greatest mma of all time even sat downed and study the sweet science... Bruce Lee
    Dude I agree with some points but you are sadly mistaken if you think RJJ with a take down defense would own a grappler no one is immune to a takedown!! Thats a slap in the face to someone who has trained for years in Grappling including myself!!!Thats the point of NHB fighting is that there is a hell of alot more going on than just punches being thrown and take downs!!!!!It is a whole different skill set you have to think much faster and adjust by the second!!!

What do you mean MMA guys train in boxing just to say that thet did it? Thats another ignorant statement and slap in the face to anyone who's trained hard including myself!!!!and to say that when they boxed they got beat and had to grapple(that made no sense whats so ever)

Let me take a moment to educate you Boxing equals FISTS ONLY ABOVE THE BELT WHILE STANDING INFRONT OF YOUR OPPONENT!!!!!!!!!

Striking equals PUNCHING,KICKING KNEES,ELBOWS,FOREARMS WHICH YOU CAN STRIKE ANYWERE EXCEPT THE THROAT AND THE GROIN WHETHER YOUR STANDING OR ON THE GROUND!!!!!! So to assume Roy would be some sort of striking Juggernaut is a ridiculous and no very well thought out statement
    your views on MMA are so early 90's its not even funny

What in the world does Chuck Liddell's corner throwing in the towel vs Quinton Jackson have to do with anything eitherLast time I saw the fight Jackson wasnt Boxing like Floyd Mayweather!!

Kimbo Slice is not a MMA Striker either he is a bonafied Street fighter who Fights Bare Knuckles Boxing Only and strikes no other way... Consequently Kimbo Slice Lost to A MMA Boston cop Named Sean Gannon in a Bare Knuckle fight

Last thing about the Roy's connect percentage remark..It is a proven fact you are more accurate with a Boxing glove since it is bigger and occupies more space than with a 6oz MMa glove so punches that would glance off the head or face with a MMA glove, are homeruns with Boxing gloves!!!!!

Last but not least James 2:26 Finishes by saying"Faith without works is dead" not NOTHING as you said..WHICH AGAIN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING IN THIS CONVO!!

Very sad and ignorant pathetic post

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doh
    I really dont care how many sad clicks I have I am not here to win a popularuty contest!!!! I actually train in MMA and know the dynamics of it the rules and training methods and fight with a Jeet Kune Do foundation which western boxing is Relied on heavily in the 1st range,so I know a little something about something
    I agree with you. I ain't to concearn about Sad clicks. By the way here's your 16th sc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doh
    I agree with you. I ain't to concearn about Sad clicks.  By the way here's your 16th sc
    Love you too, and here is a little sad click from me back to you,ENJOY!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All these clowns think they can make it in boxing whenever they want. Guess not.
    Clown huh??do you compete?? Oh I guess no one is able to do another sport if they are already in one!!!!! That makes you a clown for tryingHey man dont forget there are quite a few boxers who have made the transition unsuccessfully into MMA and know one needles them for trying.... you have to stay in it long enough to have any success(Thats anything in life dude)
    Hell yeah I compete. I first learn to box when I was 9 years old. I'm 29 now. A badly broken wrist is why I never took it further. But I constantly step in a ring. Anybody that wishes to try, can come to Los Angeles. We can do some friendly sparring.
    No problem dude if I can last 2 3min rounds against you in boxing then You gotta get in a NHB MMA cage with me for a round!!! Deal?? If so then My people will call your people next time I'm in LA and we'll make a Payper view or some circus shit out of it LOL!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No problem dude if I can last 2 3min rounds against you in boxing then You gotta get in a NHB MMA cage with me for a round!!! Deal?? If so then My people will call your people next time I'm in LA and we'll make a Payper view or some circus shit out of it LOL!!!!!!!
    Sounds like a plan.

Thread Information