Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do British people do this to British fighters?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why do British people do this to British fighters?

As a long time reader of this forum but not a poster til now, all people seem to do is constantly deride British boxers. Since the Ricky Hatton fight, and before it, people have been slating him. It is almost as if people are wishing him ill. He is in the top 10 p4p fighters and is the most successful active British boxer at the moment, but it seems that people will not stop badmouthing him until he has won everything. Howsabout a bit of support?

This seems to be similar to Lennox Lewis. When he was fighting evrybody constantly slated him, and even when he did things like knocking out Tyson it was 'Only because Tyson wasn't in his prime' and against Klitschko he was lucky. Rubbish! Sure he was losing on points, but Klitschkos eye was a mess and had the fight been allowed to continue his vision would have continued to deteriorate and Lewis would have knocked him out or won points IMO.
    However now Lewis has retired people are beginning to look back onhim with fonder memories. Instead of looking back fondly we should support fighters while they are active.

Why is everybody so negative?

FACT: Ricky Hatton has not been beaten by anybody yet
    FACT: Ricky Hatton has called out PBF (monster payday for both, if Hatton is so shite why doesn't PBF fight him and take a big purse and his belt, or perhaps PBF doesn't think it would be that easy?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do British people do this to British fighters?

Anybody who takes the Collazo fight seriously is a dummy. Ricky entered that ring at 160lbs! It was almost a laughing stock. Kerry (Kayes) had only seven weeks to add 5lbs of muscle to Ricky's frame, and that was obviously going to slow him down (he looked so big, slow and sloppy against Collazo compared to his usual smaller, tighter, sharper self that it's not even funny).

To put this into perspective, Ricky entered the ring against Stewart at 146, against Oliveira at 148 and against Tsyzu at 147 (Tszyu was 149). Against Collazo, Hatton entered the ring at 160. It was an amateurish mistake by his whole team (and TV backers) to move up in weight at such short notice when his only problem making 140 was often having to eat upto seven meals a day during camp to keep the weight up near the 140 mark!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i aggree with ya mate. but trust me sometimes its not even worth bothering cos your fighting a losing battle. hatton always gets slated on here. its only really the brits that try and defend him (like myself) but it doesnt really make a difference cos of the dumbass posters on here that slag him don't seem to like him so don't take any notice of what you say.
    it makes you laugh sometimes though 'hatton is a little bitch'. that kind of shit. they haven't got a clue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And let's not forget, Ricky didn't train as intense as usual or diet as strict as usual- he couldn't afford to. His team felt he needed the weight on or he'd be punched around the ring or knocked down by the naturally bigger guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes i agree with your point, but end of the day he got the w whihc is important, and why can't people support that?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbird13
    As a long time reader of this forum but not a poster til now, all people seem to do is constantly deride British boxers. Since the Ricky Hatton fight, and before it, people have been slating him. It is almost as if people are wishing him ill. He is in the top 10 p4p fighters and is the most successful active British boxer at the moment, but it seems that people will not stop badmouthing him until he has won everything. Howsabout a bit of support?

This seems to be similar to Lennox Lewis. When he was fighting evrybody constantly slated him, and even when he did things like knocking out Tyson it was 'Only because Tyson wasn't in his prime' and against Klitschko he was lucky. Rubbish! Sure he was losing on points, but Klitschkos eye was a mess and had the fight been allowed to continue his vision would have continued to deteriorate and Lewis would have knocked him out or won points IMO.
    However now Lewis has retired people are beginning to look back onhim with fonder memories. Instead of looking back fondly we should support fighters while they are active.

Why is everybody so negative?

FACT: Ricky Hatton has not been beaten by anybody yet
    FACT: Ricky Hatton has called out PBF (monster payday for both, if Hatton is so shite why doesn't PBF fight him and take a big purse and his belt, or perhaps PBF doesn't think it would be that easy?)

Only thing I will say is - it aint the Brits that are writing all the Smack
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    Anybody who takes the Collazo fight seriously is a dummy. Ricky entered that ring at 160lbs! It was almost laughing stock. Kerry (Kayes) only had seven weeks to add 5lbs of muscle to Ricky's frame, and that's obviously going to slow him down (he looked so big, slow and sloppy against Collazo compared to his usual smaller, tighter, sharper self that it's not even funny).

Put this into perspective, Ricky entered the ring against Stewart at 146, against Oliveira at 148 and against Tsyzu at 147 (Tszyu was 149). Against Collazo, Hatton entered the ring at 160. It was an amateurish mistake by his whole team (and TV backers) to move up in weight at such short notice when his only problem making 140 was often having to eat upto seven meals a day during camp to keep the weight up near the 140 mark!
    You sure he weighed 147 v KT?? I heard Billy Graham saying in the lead up saying he will weight around the same as he did against Zoo when he enters the ring, also on Sky they said he weighed 158.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    Anybody who takes the Collazo fight seriously is a dummy. Ricky entered that ring at 160lbs! It was almost laughing stock. Kerry (Kayes) only had seven weeks to add 5lbs of muscle to Ricky's frame, and that's obviously going to slow him down (he looked so big, slow and sloppy against Collazo compared to his usual smaller, tighter, sharper self that it's not even funny).

Put this into perspective, Ricky entered the ring against Stewart at 146, against Oliveira at 148 and against Tsyzu at 147 (Tszyu was 149). Against Collazo, Hatton entered the ring at 160. It was an amateurish mistake by his whole team (and TV backers) to move up in weight at such short notice when his only problem making 140 was often having to eat upto seven meals a day during camp to keep the weight up near the 140 mark!
    You sure he weighed 147 v KT?? I heard Billy Graham saying in the lead up saying he will weight around the same as he did against Zoo when he enters the ring, also on Sky they said he weighed 158.
    Billy said afterwards that he entered that ring at 160lbs, TV said 158 though.

And yes, he was 147 against Tszyu while Tszyu was 149- that's official.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i am very proud of myself I seem to have started a thread where people are considering the difficulties that Ricky could have had opposed to saying 'He has been chased back down to WelterWeight' or that he is a not a good fighter or other bollocks I have seen on here.

Astounding as it may seem Ricky didn't get it quite right on his first move up (***AMAZING***), perhaps if he does stay up or moves up again he will have learnt how to do it better, cos you know what he didn't get it quite right when he first got in the ring for a pro bout but he sure has improved since then.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i am very proud of myself I seem to have started a thread where people are considering the difficulties that Ricky could have had opposed to saying 'He has been chased back down to WelterWeight' or that he is a not a good fighter or other bollocks I have seen on here.
    Give it time mate where still in uk forum timezone lets just watch how this thread progresses in the next 5 hour

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Astounding as it may seem Ricky didn't get it quite right on his first move up (***AMAZING***), perhaps if he does stay up or moves up again he will have learnt how to do it better, cos you know what he didn't get it quite right when he first got in the ring for a pro bout but he sure has improved since then.
    Spot on m8
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    Give it time mate where still in uk forum timezone lets just watch how this thread progresses in the next 5 hour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the rubbish which is spouted about Ricky is mainly from across the pond?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the rubbish which is spouted about Ricky is mainly from across the pond?
    Not MAINLY - ONLY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok well that explains a lot, something I didn't realise! I assumed as Saddo is based in UK it would be mainly UK visitors, my bad!

On another note, whats the opinion of British heavyweights?

Personally Danny Williams:- Not in shape and not a particularly good boxer, but there is a lack of quality opposition to push him, but he does have self belief (I think he is our greatest hope, good luck to him!!)

Matt Skelton:- Also out of shape but has a lot of heart which could in time make him great

Audley Harrison:- Physically in shape, mentally a mess. If he gets his act together and starts getting involved in the fights I thin he could do well as he is technically a reasonably good fighter just doesn't like fighting, perhaps a training camp with Ricky Hatton on how to attack?!

I watched clips of Lewis v Klitschko and Williams v Skelton on youtube the other day (both playing at the same time) and it is amazing the difference in body shape. Lewis and Klitschko are both tall muscular and toned men, Williams and Skelton, are both carrying a little extra around the middle

Thread Information