Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best film ever?

Final Fantasy Advent Children should also be on my list, that was a great film
    Really brought back old memories of the game, imo FF7 is still perhaps the greatest game of all time

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    Oh and alll of you must must see a Korean film by the name of Oldboy. Storyline: Man,kiknapped, and trapped in a hotel room for I think 15 odd years. Then 1 random day,released,given clothes and money. He tries to find out what has happened and what ensues is:Sick plot twist(which nearly runied the film but just forget it!), a guy with a hammer fighting 20 other guys,removing teeth with pliers,eating live octopus etc. Just see it! It was so popular there that there is going to be an American version too!
    good film, its a bit brutal though!

other korean movies you should check out are tae gukki and silmido.....both very good flicks...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Leon
    Rocky
    Matrix Matrix reloaded
    Ground hog Day
    Forrest Gump
    Goodfellas
    Shaw Shank Redemption i really recommend this one
    Game of death
    The Way of the Dragon
    the sentimental sod in me always has a softspot for forrest gump....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AC-Cobra
    Hey The Game. That Final Fantasy Advent Children good then? Whats the premise of it exactly? Loved the game back on the old playstation and wanted to know what this was about but couldnt find info anywhere.
    Basically,Final Fantasy 7 is my second fave game/game series ever and if the same applies to you,you are going to LOVE LOVE the film. If you only liked the game however,then the film will be ok.Basically bro,it carries on from where Final Fantasy 7 left off,I think a few years later.There are 3 brothers(new characers,mind blowing!) and they are looking to revive Jenova(remember her?). There are incredible little quirks,emotional scenes and the best fight scenees ever period! PLus,a big big surprise at the end! I deplore you to watch it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie
    Man, I am a huge fan of Asian cinema!
    Oldboy is pure class. Choi Min-Sik is one of the greatest actors on earth right now. Have you ever seen "Crying Fist" where he plays the amateur boxer? That film is awesome, seriously reccomend you checking it out.
    The third installment of Chan-wook Park's revenge trilogy is really good too. It's called "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance". Very similar to Oldboy and some argue, even better... I find it hard to pick between the two. "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" was pretty good too, but not up at their level in my opinion.
    Wow,thanks for all those mate,CC.I've been looking for new films!! If anything is as good as old-boy,it is worth watching!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Oh and alll of you must must see a Korean film by the name of Oldboy. Storyline: Man,kiknapped, and trapped in a hotel room for I think 15 odd years. Then 1 random day,released,given clothes and money. He tries to find out what has happened and what ensues is:Sick plot twist(which nearly runied the film but just forget it!), a guy with a hammer fighting 20 other guys,removing teeth with pliers,eating live octopus etc. Just see it! It was so popular there that there is going to be an American version too!
    good film, its a bit brutal though!

other korean movies you should check out are tae gukki and silmido.....both very good flicks...
    CC or those at the end,can you fill me in on them??Sound.....freaky!!

The One,great Bruce Lee flicks but where are your Jackie Chan ones The young Master is just sensational!!! Also,people,I'm no weirdo and I did not know the basis of the storyline and was quite disgusted by it but has anyone else seen Ichi the Killer? I'm not recommending simply because it is slightly perverted but in a sick and twisted way! Ong Bak is an awesome film too,the guy does alllll his own stunts and when you see the film,you find it hard to believe!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Usual Suspects - quality film
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the usual suspects,Carlito's way,Godfather 1 and 2,allll those gangster films are awesome awesome films! Anyone here watch Blacj comedy? Stuff like Defjam?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the usual suspects,Carlito's way,Godfather 1 and 2,allll those gangster films are awesome awesome films! Anyone here watch Blacj comedy? Stuff like Defjam?
    tae gukki is a movie set in the korean war and its about 2 brothers who end up fighting on opposing sides....its good. silmido is a film about a group of criminals who are trained to go to north korea and assasinate the president. it goes terribly wrong!

they were huge grossing films out here....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sin City
    City of God
    O Brother Where Art Thou?
    The Big Lebowski
    Easy Rider
    Micheal Collins
    South Park Movie
    The Stewie Griffin Story
    The Commitments
    all Tarintino's films
    Once Were Warriors

AC-Cobra Guest

Hey The Game. That Final Fantasy Advent Children good then? Whats the premise of it exactly? Loved the game back on the old playstation and wanted to know what this was about but couldnt find info anywhere.
    Basically,Final Fantasy 7 is my second fave game/game series ever and if the same applies to you,you are going to LOVE LOVE the film. If you only liked the game however,then the film will be ok.Basically bro,it carries on from where Final Fantasy 7 left off,I think a few years later.There are 3 brothers(new characers,mind blowing!) and they are looking to revive Jenova(remember her?). There are incredible little quirks,emotional scenes and the best fight scenees ever period! PLus,a big big surprise at the end! I deplore you to watch it!!!
    Sounds quality, better find it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingPhil
    City of God
    Cant believe I missed these 2, awesome films.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oldboy is pure class. Choi Min-Sik is one of the greatest actors on earth right now. Have you ever seen "Crying Fist" where he plays the amateur boxer? That film is awesome, seriously reccomend you checking it out.
    The third installment of Chan-wook Park's revenge trilogy is really good too. It's called "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance". Very similar to Oldboy and some argue, even better... I find it hard to pick between the two. "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" was pretty good too, but not up at their level in my opinion.
    Wow,thanks for all those mate,CC.I've been looking for new films!! If anything is as good as old-boy,it is worth watching!!!
    No probs man, have a cool click back.
    Tell me what type of films you like, I could recommend you dozens of Asian films right now depending on your interests, hehe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOW THE HECK DID I miss Sin City?!?! That was awesome!!!!

Tell me what type of films you like, I could recommend you dozens of Asian films right now depending on your interests, hehe.
    Bro,anything with violence or an intricate story. The asian films just appeal to me! Hit me with everything you know!

Sounds quality, better find it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingPhil
    City of God
    Cant believe I missed these 2, awesome films.
    You definitely need to find it bro and prepare to go down memory lane!! It's an emotional film!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOW THE HECK DID I miss Sin City?!?! That was awesome!!!!

Bro,anything with violence or an intricate story. The asian films just appeal to me! Hit me with everything you know!
    Violence eh...?
    Well, then there can be only one movie to start with; "Ichi The Killer".
    Directed by Miike Takashi (Audition) and adapted from the popular Japanese manga, it is quite simply the most disturbing movie you are likely to see. It's violence can be on the comical side at times, but then horribly dark at others. It will have you gripping the side of your chair with your eyes squinting, hehe. Before you think that it is just a gore fest though, I should point out that it has some of the most memorable characters I have ever seen with a very interestng plot that is open to your own interpretation at the end (Like Audition). Try and see the uncut version if you can, because without a lot of the scenes, the characters don't develop as well as they should and it leaves you questioning why they were doing certain things.
    Here is the plot outline:
    Yakuza boss Anjo disappears with three hundred million yens. His loyal gang members, lead by Kakihara, start a search, but their aggressive and gory methods worry the other yakuza gangs. Kakiharas most scary counterpart is the mysterious Ichi, a psychopathic killer with a dark childhood secret, who is controlled by a retired cop.
    Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4R9E...20the%20killer
    ***WARNING*** Anyone who is interested in seeing the trailer should think about it first. If you are easily offended by graphic scenes of nipple slicing, tongue cutting, rape, body dismemeberment etc... then keep away, seriously... you have been warned. After you see Ichi, no movie will shock you again.

Other really good movies include:
    "Versus";
    A pair of escaped convicts meet up with a group of gangsters by a remote forest road. After an arguement over a girl the mobsters have kidnapped, shots are fired and one of the gangsters is killed. The standoff is cut short, however, when the dead man suddenly springs to life and starts trying to kill his former friends. The zombie eventually goes down in a hail bullets, but their problems aren't over. It seems the gangsters have been using this forest to dispose of of their victims, all of whom are now looking to settle some old scores. Even if they get through this mess, there is still the question of why they've arranged to meet the convicts out here, and why they've brought along the girl. This movie doesn't have an outstanding story or anything, but for entertainment value alone it is awesome. Lots of over the top violence!

"Lady Snowblood";
    Yuki's family is nearly wiped out before she is born due to the machinations of a band of criminals. These criminals kidnap and brutalize her mother but leave her alive. Later her mother ends up in prison with only revenge to keep her alive. She creates an instrument for this revenge by purposefully getting pregnant. Though she dies in childbirth, she makes sure that the child will be raised as an assassin to kill the criminals who destroyed her family. Young Yuki never knows the love of a family but only killing and revenge. This movie was the main inspiration for Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" series. As soon as you begin watching, you will notice the similarities. Really good movie with a good plot and very good action scenes.

"Kekexili: Mountain Patrol";
    When Beijing journalist Ga Yu arrives at the mystical camp of the Kekexili Mountain Patrol, he witnesses a Tibetan funeral and a village in mourning. Ga Yu is determined to uncover the real story behind the mysterious disappearance of patrol volunteers, the killing of rare Tibetan antelopes and the rumor that the Mountain Patrol collaborates with the poachers. Ga Yu joins a patrol headed out into 40,000 square kilometers of wilderness. The illegal hunters are like phantoms in the uninhabited land, hiding in caves, tracking the patrol members like sinister shadows, waiting for the right moment to launch their deadly attack -- the patrolmen have become the hunted. Despite the severe environment, the patrol led by Ri Tai risk their lives in the fight against the callous poachers. At first an observer, distanced by the lens of his camera, Ga Yu slowly becomes personally involved in the struggle. He gradually becomes aware that this is not just a regular patrol but a journey about life. To the patrol members, Kekexili is their homeland as well as it is the habitat of the antelopes. In the transmigration of life, they will always be on guard for the homeland. Through the eyes of Ri Tai and the other patrolmen, Ga Yu witnesses the real beauty of their lives: their faith. Really good movie that is based on a true story. The action happens in short bursts, but it is not the action that matters. This movie created awareness in China about what was happening in Kekexili.

"Shutter";
    A young photographer Thun and his girlfriend Jane discover mysterious shadows in their photographs after fleeing the sceen of an accident. As they investigate the phenomenon, they find other photographs contain similar supernatural images, that Thun's best friends are being haunted as well, and Jane discovers that her boyfriend has not told her everything. It soon becomes clear that you can not escape your past. Very good Thai horror film with a very interesting ending. If you like horrors, you should check it out.

"Last Life in the Universe";
    A mysterious, obsessive-compulsive, suicidal Japanese man living in Bangkok, Thailand, is thrown together with a Thai woman through a tragic chain of events. The woman is everything he is not. He is a neat freak who keeps his dishes washed and his books neatly stacked and categorized. She dresses like a slob, smokes pot and never picks anything up. It's a match that somehow works, though. Slowly and entertainingly, more is revealed about the Japanese man and why he's suicidal and living in Bangkok. It is a slow paced, interesting and surreal movie which has 3 "main languages" (They alternate between basic English, Thai and Japanese). The cinematogrophy is incredible, among the best I have ever seen and the music is so good, it almost becomes a character in its own right. Maybe not to everyones tastes, but I loved it.

"The Bird People in China";
    A young Japanese salaryman is sent by his company to a remote Chinese village to evaluate precious Jade that is found there, but before he arrives meets the yakuza who was sent to tail him to protect his bosses interest in the company. When the men finally arrive their mission become sidetracked by their interest in a mysterious young village girl, her haunting English language song and the secret that makes men fly like birds. In a sense, this reminded me of "Last Life in the Universe" due to it's amazing cinematogrophy, slow pace and surreal setting... it has an interesting storyline and an amazing ending along with a colourful cast of characters. One of Miike Takashi's earlier films and one that strays away from his usual violent and off the rails style. Many believe it to be his best work yet.

"Azumi";
    In war-torn Japan, the Tokugawa Shogun, desperate to restore peace to his people, orders the assassination of the hostile warlords. A beautiful young woman is raised from birth with nine other orphans, to become an assassin. Her name is Azumi, the ultimate assassin. "Azumi" impressed me more than I was expecting... it has a decent story with very impressive action scenes (just watch the 200 men vs. Azumi battle at the end, hehe). Worth checking out if you are an action/entertainment junkie like me.

"Crying Fist";
    The story revolves around two main characters, both of who are heavily flawed and, at times, pathetic individuals. Tae-Shik (Choi Min-Sik from "Oldboy") is a one time silver medallist boxer in the Asian games, now reduced to poverty, brain damage, and alienation from his wife and son. In desperation, he works the streets as a human punching bag, getting beaten up for cash. Sang-Hwan (Ryoo Seung-bum, the director's brother, and the lead in "Arahan") is a frustrated thug who finds himself imprisoned after accidentally killing a man. After stirring up trouble and demonstrating his fighting abilities, he is given the chance to join the prison boxing club. What follows is the journey of two different men who find their lives deteriorating before their eyes, and who must fight to regain what they have lost. "Crying Fist" is an amazing film with terrific acting and a great storyline. What I especially liked was the way that neither of the two main characters were seperated in terms of good and bad. They both have it hard and you find it hard to make a preference of one over the other. Choi Min-Sik is as incredible as ever playing Tae-Shik, a one time Asian games silver medallist.

"Seven Samurai" (Black & White);
    A veteran samurai, who has fallen on hard times, answers a village's request for protection from bandits. He gathers 6 other samurai to help him, and they teach the townspeople how to defend themselves, and they supply the samurai with three small meals a day. The film culminates in a giant battle when 40 bandits attack the village. "Seven Samurai" is widely regarded as the birth of modern action movies and it is as close to movie perfection as you will ever see. Every character actually reaches you on an emotional level. Every scene is unmissable and the movie is flawlessly shot, amazing considering it is over 3 hours long. This movie is without doubt one of the top five movies I have ever seen... it is THAT good. Every body should see it at some stage! Japan's legendary actor Toshiro Mifune gives one of the most memorable performances in Japanese film history.

"The Killer";
    In this bloody tale of loyalty and friendship, Chow Yun-Fat is Jeffrey, an assassin who wishes to leave the business so he can take care of Jennie, the beautiful lounge singer who he inadvertently blinded during a previous assignment. Danny Lee is the determined cop who will stop at nothing to bring him in, only he realizes that Jeffrey is no ordinary assassin, and wishes to help him in his quest. Only problem is that Jeffrey's employers refuse to pay him for his last job, money which is needed to restore Jennie's eyesight. "The Killer" is an amazing, heart pounding rollercoaster of an action film. The action scenes are jaw droppingly frantic and super slick. Chow Yun Fat is suited perfectly to the role of Jeffrey and he shines in what is without doubt John Woo's greatest movie to date. Most lists of "greatest action movies" have this film justifiably included.

More to come...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oggie,bro,thanks big time!! CC in 24! Owe you! Yeah,I have seen Ichi the Killer,I just won the animated version too from Ebay for £3!!!Bargain! I don't like the sado masochictic stuff but the violence and the whole premise is unique! Did you write those opinion or was a copy and paste job??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oggie,bro,thanks big time!! CC in 24! Owe you! Yeah,I have seen Ichi the Killer,I just won the animated version too from Ebay for £3!!!Bargain! I don't like the sado masochictic stuff but the violence and the whole premise is unique! Did you write those opinion or was a copy and paste job??
    Haha, it was a combo of copying and pasting and adding my own opinions.
    But yeah, I loved Ichi The Killer (even though I don't like that sado/maso stuff either). Sometimes I feel guilty about liking it, haha. Did you see the uncut version? I always try to make sure that people see that one, because the cut one makes the story more confusing. Well done on winning the animated version from Ebay by the way. Looks awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ROCKY--is the best movie ever made---your like y hasnt this guy killed himself--he 30, broke , alone and still a virgin--adrian was the only girl hes ever been with! but yet he continues 2 live and beats the s*** outta the heavyweight champion

Thread Information