Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC: Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes

yeah those rules concern me, he choked many a fighter out with his gi, time limit hurts him and the stand up, I still think he can find away

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    yeah those rules concern me, he choked many a fighter out with his gi, time limit hurts him and the stand up, I still think he can find away
    As do I. He better watch it on the stand up though, Hughes can bang.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shamrock I bet could bang harder with bare fists And Royce took them pretty well. But then again he was never the same after the Shamrock rematch... so this will either be a showcase for Matt or the return of Gracie, I think it's a showcase much the way Shamrock Ortiz was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Royce training for Matt Hughes, plus interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6SK...&search=gracie

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Shamrock I bet could bang harder with bare fists And Royce took them pretty well. But then again he was never the same after the Shamrock rematch... so this will either be a showcase for Matt or the return of Gracie, I think it's a showcase much the way Shamrock Ortiz was.
    The Shamrock fight was a draw. Shamrock wanted it that way and created a stalemate, no way did he hurt Gracie or anything. And a repeat of the Shamrock vs Ortiz ass whippin is the worst case scenario here. I think Gracie can do it though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gracies too old, hughes will beat him .
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm suprised to see Royce working on his standup in that video, but still it's just as suspected. Years ago when I saw him fight an unsanctioned mma bout, it was against some kung fu black belt. Of course Royce won, got him to the ground and worked his jujitsu but in the fight he threw alot of strikes, alot of ground/pound. One thing I noticed was no matter how hard he tried, his strikes weren't effective. His opponent wasn't attempting to block the shots, no need he was a feather puncher. I admit he looks better in that video above than he did back then, still not devistating though and he never will be. Some people just don't have standup ability, and if he tries to work those strikes against Hughes (who isn't a huge puncher himself but still better) it could be bad.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by raleights
    I'm suprised to see Royce working on his standup in that video, but still it's just as suspected. Years ago when I saw him fight an unsanctioned mma bout, it was against some kung fu black belt. Of course Royce won, got him to the ground and worked his jujitsu but in the fight he threw alot of strikes, alot of ground/pound. One thing I noticed was no matter how hard he tried, his strikes weren't effective. His opponent wasn't attempting to block the shots, no need he was a feather puncher. I admit he looks better in that video above than he did back then, still not devistating though and he never will be. Some people just don't have standup ability, and if he tries to work those strikes against Hughes (who isn't a huge puncher himself but still better) it could be bad.
    He won't. I expect him to try and get the fight to the ground as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To the people who asked, Royce Gracie lost to Sakuraba in a fight that last for 6 (!) rounds, more than 1:30 hour, because he broke his foot. To that "Japanese Guy", that is called Yoshida, one of the best japanese judo fighters, that is fighting in MMA competitions. This is a really confusing match, because Yoshida got his hands in Royce's neck in a really difficult angle... And Yoshida said to the referee that Gracie was out!!! And so the match ended... Royce said that did not tap, and it was true, but Yoshida was considered "winner"...

About the fight, I think that Royce is not good stand-up as Matt, but Royce master the techniques of submission, a lot more than Matt.

I have said this before, a "complete player" is the one who master the technique that he is supposed to. And Royce leaves no doubt about it.

I think that if Royce get Matt in his game, the match does not last 2 minutes. And so I want!!!! Royce is one of the most respected fighters in the world, but sometimes underestimated, because of his size and age.

Hey, man, how can I watch the fight?? Just by PPV^??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fights out on youtube.com now, not bad, I'm upset, but both fighters put on a pretty good show.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems like I was right about it just being a Hughes showcase against a famous name just like Shamrock Ortiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what happened to great gracie..
    thought matt was too "little" loool man half you lot talk shit.. gracie has no chance against matt!! he's simply better then him in every aspect!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hello no, he got lucky to get on top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rickson used to submit royce with one arm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew Hughes was going to win when they announced the fight. Royce is just too old, and hasn't evolved as other MMAers have.

However, I was scared for Matt when he decided to take it to the ground. I figured since Royce is the shit as submissions, Matt would want to keep it standing. I was proved wrong.

As I knew Matt was going to win, I was cheering for him as well. I was amazed at his dominance on the ground against a great Jiu Jitsu artist such as Royce. Once he got his back I knew it was over.

When they introduced Royce, they said his record was 11-0. I was a bit mad that they didn't include his loss to Sakuraba in Pride.

Thread Information