Thread: This was a well deserved draw.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This was a well deserved draw.

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I had it six rounds a piece...I hope MAB is man enough to give Rocky a rematch
    How the hell can you say you hope he is 'man enough' ?? are you new to this guy? And do you honestly think MAB should give him a rematch? it was his tittle, he defended it, he won the fight, why the hell would he want to give the guy another shot?

Hes got 1 MAYBE 2 fights left in him at this level, if he carrys on he will want to get one back on pacman or go out by finishing of morales

come on, think before you post for god sake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naaa,no way Juarez gets a rematch seeing as he was lucky to get the shot in the first place,he had done nothing to earn one and he performed well,has made a name for himself but coupled with the fact that MAB only has a few fights left,no way!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    How the hell can you say you hope he is 'man enough' ?? are you new to this guy? And do you honestly think MAB should give him a rematch? it was his tittle, he defended it, he won the fight, why the hell would he want to give the guy another shot?

Hes got 1 MAYBE 2 fights left in him at this level, if he carrys on he will want to get one back on pacman or go out by finishing of morales

preme, take your self righteous attitude and kiss my $$...MAB's "victory" is very suspect...they declare it a draw then come back and change it...If he is the great mexican warrior then he shouldn't want such a cloud of controversey over his win and fight Rocky again. Regardless of the scoring of the fight MAB was much worse for the wear at the end of that fight.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

preme, take your self righteous attitude and kiss my $$...MAB's "victory" is very suspect...they declare it a draw then come back and change it...If he is the great mexican warrior then he shouldn't want such a cloud of controversey over his win and fight Rocky again. Regardless of the scoring of the fight MAB was much worse for the wear at the end of that fight.
    You're just a hater. First, they didn't "change" anything--they just did the addition wrong the first time. No one went back and changed their scoring. He won the fight and they basically announced it wrong at first.

Second, give me a break on the "if he is the great mexican warrior" nonsense. This was preme's whole point, as I took it: the man has proven his pedigree over 60+ fights against the best. He's been in plenty of wars and hasn't backed down. Juarez didn't do shit to earn the shot in the first place--Barrera gave him a break. And Juarez took advantage of it and looked good. He lost (and he did lose) a very close fight against a legend--it definitely helps him career-wise regardless of whether he gets a rematch.

Third, yes Barrera looked worse at the end of the fight. But as another poster put it, this was a boxing match, not a street fight, so you have to score rounds. You don't get to the end of a fight and just declare the less bloody guy to be winner. Then B-Hop would have won the first Taylor fight (ok, bad example).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I got to say is Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.
    And I thought a draw was fair.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there's no controversy because there's no air of him losing. he either won the fight or it was a draw. So either result is fine.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some of yall are taking MAB's win/draw whatever a little personal...I don't care about the guy one way or the other....he fights hard and puts on a good show..as I said I gave him 6 rounds..and the fact that he is so accomplished and done so much is exactly the reason he should rematch Rocky. Either Rocky is alot better than previously believed or MAB just didn't bring 100% and can show it by beating the guy beyond a shadow of a doubt. He owes it himself and to the fans...Who else is he going to fight? Morales again..no...JMM..probably not....Paq...maybe...why not rocky again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrios and Jesus Chavez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

some of yall are taking MAB's win/draw whatever a little personal...I don't care about the guy one way or the other....he fights hard and puts on a good show..as I said I gave him 6 rounds..and the fact that he is so accomplished and done so much is exactly the reason he should rematch Rocky. Either Rocky is alot better than previously believed or MAB just didn't bring 100% and can show it by beating the guy beyond a shadow of a doubt. He owes it himself and to the fans...Who else is he going to fight? Morales again..no...JMM..probably not....Paq...maybe...why not rocky again?
    That's a different point, mate. I'd be happy to see him fight Rocky again, I just don't think he owes it to him or that it has anything to do with his "manhood."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me ask you this..if Rocky had won that fight would you feel he "owed" MAB a rematch? Your ansewr is probably yes b/c MAB was the champ and is an established legend. I'd argue these are the same reasons MAB owes it to him. He barely won a controversial decision and owes it to Rocky let him prove whos is the better fighter. I think if you are the champ and have a close decision that could have gone either way you owe it to yourself the other guy and the fans to do it again and find out who really should have won. These are the fights that make history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me ask you this..if Rocky had won that fight would you feel he "owed" MAB a rematch? Your ansewr is probably yes b/c MAB was the champ and is an established legend. I'd argue these are the same reasons MAB owes it to him. He barely won a controversial decision and owes it to Rocky let him prove whos is the better fighter. I think if you are the champ and have a close decision that could have gone either way you owe it to yourself the other guy and the fans to do it again and find out who really should have won. These are the fights that make history.
    I think it does make a difference who had the belt going into the fight, yes. More important, though, is I disagree that it could have gone either way. I thought "draw" was a bad decision when they (mis-)announced it. A decision for Juarez would have been very wrong--his own corner knew that, since they were telling him from R10 on that he needed a KO to win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bob
    A decision for Juarez would have been very wrong--his own corner knew that, since they were telling him from R10 on that he needed a KO to win.
    CC, that's a good point. I thought the same thing when Juarez was acting like he got stiffed by a draw--it seemed like it was all promo, given that everyone in his corner had been telling him he'd lose on points.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dont think the opinion of a fighters corner has much to do with it guys...so what if they thought they were behind...would it make a difference if they had been telling him he was ahead the whole time?...I thought it was a draw and personally thought MAB would get the nod b/c of his status and that he was the champ, not b/c he deserved it. I personally had it 6-6 but I could see how someone could give to MAB 7 rounds to 5 but not any higher due to the closeness of several rounds...I thought Rocky soundly won the 3rd and 5 of the last six rounds

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dont think the opinion of a fighters corner has much to do with it guys...so what if they thought they were behind...would it make a difference if they had been telling him he was ahead the whole time?
    Whereas a fighter's corner often (stupidly, IMO) tells their guy that he's "doing great" when he's clearly losing and they know it, you never see a corner telling their guy "you're losing on points and you need a KO" unless they really see it that way. You're not going to throw your guy out there and basically prod him to be reckless unless it's truly necessary.

Thread Information