Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cards were tallied up wrong!!! Decision reversed!!! Barrera won that fight!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cards were tallied up wrong!!! Decision reversed!!! Barrera won that fight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Juarez has something to bitch about, he must be devastated. He deserves a rematch. The fight was close and a draw wan't out of order, but judges should have some basic arithmetic skills.
    Yeah, a draw was fair. Juarez was on and Barrera was off, or getting old. I was impressed with Juarez, he hurt Barrera a few times, and was only himself wobbled once. A draw was the right fukin decision!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cards were tallied up wrong!!! Decision reversed!!! Barrera won that fight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    For betting purposes, the winner of an event will be determined on the date of the event's conclusion. We do not recognize suspended games, protests, scoring amendments, result reversals or overturned decisions Thats all i care about
    man be quiet everyone watching you been putting Marco down with ur ridiculous posts, this is another way for you to take a shot at him. everybody who saw the fight saw barrera hurt, nobody is denying that. but this is prizefighting not streetfighting all rounds have to be factored in. barrera won all the early rounds and juarez won the rounds from 8. except 11, I thought barrera won that. I was shocked that the fight was declared a draw, if anyone has reason to be upset it was MArco not Juarez, as they stole his moment of glory in a tough tough fight in which he had to fight fire with fire at times.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    For betting purposes, the winner of an event will be determined on the date of the event's conclusion. We do not recognize suspended games, protests, scoring amendments, result reversals or overturned decisions Thats all i care about
    man be quiet everyone watching you been putting Marco down with ur ridiculous posts, this is another way for you to take a shot at him. everybody who saw the fight saw barrera hurt, nobody is denying that. but this is prizefighting not streetfighting all rounds have to be factored in. barrera won all the early rounds and juarez won the rounds from 8. except 11, I thought barrera won that. I was shocked that the fight was declared a draw, if anyone has reason to be upset it was MArco not Juarez, as they stole his moment of glory in a tough tough fight in which he had to fight fire with fire at times.
    Out of the first 7 round I had Juarez winning 3, or at least 2. I also had him winning the 11th. A draw as certainly fair IMO. At times Barrera was running even.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Out of the first 7 round I had Juarez winning 3, or at least 2. I also had him winning the 11th. A draw as certainly fair IMO. At times Barrera was running even.
    rocky only won round 3 of the first six IMO and rounds 8,9,10,12
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you had that scoring, then you've got it seven-five juarez. i only juarez winning one of the first six. and i had barrera winning 7 and 12. 11 i had even, though if i had to give it to one of them i'd maybegive it to juarez. if it had been three judges going even, i would have had less complaint, but i think a card in favor of juarez was just plain wrong.

all that said, barrera is my favorite fighter--but i don't want to see him in there with pacquiao again. and that doesn't make him some kind of pussy of "not a legend" as pacdog has been running his mouth off about for the last three days--it just makes him a 16 year veteran who's been in some wars, and gotten the best of almost every single one of them. and if that doesn't make someone a legend, i don't know what does.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was the right call. I had Barrera winning by 2 points

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juarez probably did not do enuff to take Barrera's belts, he would have had to drop him for that. But a draw was fair IMO. A slight win for Barrera would also be acceptable. I never liked him, don't like Juarez either. But Barrera is a legend, Morales and him should do it one more time and then hang em up. Barrera for the first time looked old tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cards were tallied up wrong!!! Decision reversed!!! Barrera won that fight!!

It was a good fight. Barrera is joy to watch. I love how he uses the ring to his advantage. Juarez fought a commendable fight. Not as active as i like Barrera to be but can't complain one bit. I felt that i got my moneys worth. I gave it to Barrera by 2 because of his ring generalship. He wasn't moving forward like Juarez but he controlled the whole ring with his footwork.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

but ur missing the point, barrera was the winner, they just counted the numbers wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have yet to see the fight but was MAB aging?Or was Rocky more impressive than everyone thought?? Could MAB handle Pacman?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cards were tallied up wrong!!! Decision reversed!!! Barrera won that fight!!

man i thought the draw was the right result, when Barrera's nose got busted i thought it had a major effect on him. If it hadn't happened i think he would have won alot easier, but that been said i thought the original call of a draw was the right decision. wouldn't mind seeing a rematch it was a cracking fight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    I have yet to see the fight but was MAB aging?Or was Rocky more impressive than everyone thought?? Could MAB handle Pacman?
    i think people will have an idea if he can handle pacman come the fall when pacman fights morales.

Its hard to sum up barrera last night. On one hand he had his nose broken in the second round. That could of played a major factor in why barrera didn't get into any wars, why he looked more out of breath and dissheartend.

A few times in the fight barrera took a clean shot or two from Rokcy that hurt him' but he turned into classic barrera and threw nice flurrys back at Rocky, so at times he showed us glimps' that the old warrior was still there; but becaose of the early broken nose i think only barrera knows for sure if he has either lost the heart and hunger, or was the broken nose the factor?

With all that said tho, the notion of one last superfight with pacman or morales might be the fuel MAB needs for one last cracker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    if you had that scoring, then you've got it seven-five juarez. i only juarez winning one of the first six. and i had barrera winning 7 and 12. 11 i had even, though if i had to give it to one of them i'd maybegive it to juarez. if it had been three judges going even, i would have had less complaint, but i think a card in favor of juarez was just plain wrong.

all that said, barrera is my favorite fighter--but i don't want to see him in there with pacquiao again. and that doesn't make him some kind of pussy of "not a legend" as pacdog has been running his mouth off about for the last three days--it just makes him a 16 year veteran who's been in some wars, and gotten the best of almost every single one of them. and if that doesn't make someone a legend, i don't know what does.
    I meant round 3, 8,9,10,12.

not 3 rounds out of the first six. MAB won 7 rounds to 5

Thread Information