Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BARRERA-JUAREZ FIGHT: TECHNICAL TRAGEDY IN BOXING

how reliable are the judges in a boxing match? if they have tendency to be careless specially in a title fight, then how legit are the declared champions? or there was a fourth judge whose calls are likened to that of God's? whatever it is, the things happening in boxing right now are dirt to its already dirtied history. read the following articles to see more.

http://thepostman.prepys.com/archive...o-and-barrera/

http://www.fightnews.com/rocco02.htm

Any comments?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BARRERA-JUAREZ FIGHT: TECHNICAL TRAGEDY IN BOXING

Quote Originally Posted by mizpah
    how reliable are the judges in a boxing match? if they have tendency to be careless specially in a title fight, then how legit are the declared champions? or there was a fourth judge whose calls are likened to that of God's? whatever it is, the things happening in boxing right now are dirt to its already dirtied history. read the following articles to see more.

http://thepostman.prepys.com/archive...o-and-barrera/

http://www.fightnews.com/rocco02.htm

Any comments?
    Quite overreacting man. Juarez fought a surprisingly good fight. He hurt Barrera and made it a very close match. I had it a draw. Maybe a point win for Juarez, but probably not. He didn't do quite enuff to beat a legend and take his titles. It was a close decision win for an aging Barrera, and a scoring mistake. Not a tragedy. No one died or was seriously hurt thank God. That would have been a tragedy. A slight decision win for Barrera is not a tragedy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didn't say much of deadly tragedy per se, but a TECHNICAL TRAGEDY FOR BOXING, not for the boxers. nice comment though bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i didn't say much of deadly tragedy per se, but a TECHNICAL TRAGEDY FOR BOXING, not for the boxers. nice comment though bro.
    It is boxing, these things do happen surprisingly often, not that, that is any defence, the master scorecard does look suspicious, with that 9 being changed to a ten on Barrera's card.

It could of been worse, they could of announced Juarez as Champion then taken the title away from him, like what happened to Vinny Paz(ienza) against Haugen back in the 80s (second fight).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can it be a tragedy if the right guy won?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The right guy won? At this point when experts have had more time looking at the fight, barrera's victory is a debatable one. But it's over, i think the best thing to hope for is for the two to come together again and hopefully if they do fight again, nothing that happened the first time will be repeated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The right guy won? At this point when experts have had more time looking at the fight, barrera's victory is a debatable one. But it's over, i think the best thing to hope for is for the two to come together again and hopefully if they do fight again, nothing that happened the first time will be repeated.

It's maybe debatable that it was a draw instead of an MAB W, but I'm very surprised to read that people in the pressroom thought Rocky won--it sounds like they were just impressed with his harder shots and how MAB looked after. If you score it RBR, I don't see how you end up with Rocky winning. He clearly lost 5 of the first six, and he didn't win all six of the later rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

imo rocky lost.
    i wonder how hard barrera trained he looked gased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's not the training per se. It's the age factor largely. Age affects training quality especially if boxer is not focused. And talking about focus, i think barrera didn't really think juarez could pull an upset off. Mental attitude is crucial in boxing you know, and we know that what barrera really wants is a rematch with pacman. It's the one thing he so desires before he really hangs up his gloves. That rematch would not only give him the megabucks (i wonder how much he made in the juarez fight) but also the glory of an exit win or lose. If he wins against manny, that would be the most colorful decoration to his legendary career. If he loses, he would say that he lost to the legit and real successor, a loss that's not hard for him to accept. Look at this article.

http://thepostman.prepys.com/archive...barreras-belt/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Bob

It's maybe debatable that it was a draw instead of an MAB W, but I'm very surprised to read that people in the pressroom thought Rocky won--it sounds like they were just impressed with his harder shots and how MAB looked after. If you score it RBR, I don't see how you end up with Rocky winning. He clearly lost 5 of the first six, and he didn't win all six of the later rounds.

The way i see it, mab's stock would reduce if it was a draw and that doesn't sound good for a legend like him because juarez is not a top level opponent. If he couldn't beat a 2nd-rate fighter, how would he ever fare with a first rate contender like pacquiao or marquez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I felt the fight was a draw but I would have loved to see Barrera get KO'ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    I felt the fight was a draw but I would have loved to see Barrera get KO'ed
    there's no way juarez could knock out barrera. he's a good fighter but not better than barrera in top shape. there's just no point making barrera win via split decision when he keeps his belt still even if it was a draw. what i see is a barrera avoiding a rematch with juarez. that's the point of the "error correction".

Thread Information