Thread: Bruce Lee's one inch punch is a party trick, its not even a punch

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bruce Lee's one inch punch is a party trick, its not even a punch

Any branches of Kung Fu is nonsense! For the world to believe an actore Bruce Lee is an all time great fighter without putting his ass in risk against live resisting opponents, unlike REAL G.O.A.T like Ali proves the masses are asses and ignorant people are the majority.

Wing Chun is the dumbest boxing ever invented and only gullible fucktards who dont have much of a fighting IQ would buy into all their chinese fabricating sales pitch!

Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, Ju-Jitsu = MMA

Dedicated to the truth, someday in the future people are gonna look back and say how dumb where those primitive monkeys to believe such nonsense = Kung Fu

Kung Fu is like a cult and like a greedy coorporation willing to take your hundreds. It angers me that so many are so fucking stooooopid to believe these chinese nonsense. Nerdy fucks! Go throwdown and see how long you actually try those nonsense until you start swinging wildly and turn sloppy cause all that nonsense goes out the window quick. But come watch a mma guy in and out the octagon boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers and jujitsu all maintain their discipline throughout any fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce lee's base was Wing Chun Gung fu, but near the end, the standup he practiced was basically boxing.

In the late 60s, Lee p!$$ed off a lot of practitioners of Eastern traditional martial arts by saying if you matched a top karate or gung fu man against a top boxer where the karate/gung fu guy could use all his techniques but the boxer would stick to his hands, Lee said the Boxer would come out on top because the boxers were in better physical condition and were accustomed to getting hit, and they had real fighting experience and practical techniques.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    But come watch a mma guy in and out the octagon boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers and jujitsu all maintain their discipline throughout any fight.
    No they dont. They mix the whole lot up into a style that suits themselves.
    The very thing Lee began.
    Fuck Kung fu it was a simple stepping stone for him and others.

Think about Karate in the same light you try blocking in those rounded movements like traditional karate does and throwing from the hip with over rotating punches and see how far that gets you these days.

Thai kick boxing back in the day was the closest to what the whole fight game has become the rest all have their uses.
    Jeet kune do still has its too. That is where Lee finished and others took over.

Now the whole game is a mixture of useful techniques from many arts including western boxing. Arts that wouldn't stand alone in the Octagon unless a beast of a person came out of one. Kung fu has many forms and is the worse I agree, but all traditional art forms just arent good enough on their own these days, they have to learn the best out of each to survive.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    But come watch a mma guy in and out the octagon boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers and jujitsu all maintain their discipline throughout any fight.

Think about Karate in the same light you try blocking in those rounded movements like traditional karate does and throwing from the hip with over rotating punches and see how far that gets you these days.

Thai kick boxing back in the day was the closest to what the whole fight game has become the rest all have their uses.
    Jeet kune do still has its too. That is where Lee finished and others took over.

Now the whole game is a mixture of useful techniques from many arts including western boxing. Arts that wouldn't stand alone in the Octagon unless a beast of a person came out of one. Kung fu has many forms and is the worse I agree, but all traditional art forms just arent good enough on their own these days, they have to learn the best out of each to survive.
    First of what do you mean they don't maintain their discipline throughout any fight? They would of course mix it up only if they know both boxing and kickboxing and or with the other two. My point is a boxer will more than likely win any stand up against anybody who stands with them unless its a kickboxer who know better to trade with a boxer and not use his kicks. Bruce Lee wouldn't win a fist fight against Tyson nor would he win any striking match against Buakaw. In the real world he is an amateur and a heavy underdog against real fighters. Just like all traditional martial artist because they will find out the nonsense they've been doing wont work against what is proven effective boxing, kickboxing, ju-jitsu, wrestling.

What game? MMA?

Ofcourse there are fighters with other discipline other then the four most successful one I listed but like I said they are the four most successful because they are the four who throughout the ages actually physically competed and found truth into all myths.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Lee was not at all about traditional martial arts.

He was NOT a traditionalist; he was an outspoken critic of them and their classical forms and traditions. In fact, he had his friend make a miniature tombstone representing traditional martial arts and their practitioners and their "classical mess." It hung at the entrance to his training hall.

This man Lee had many of the the practitioners of traditional Asian martial arts really p!$$ed off at him....

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of what do you mean they don't maintain their discipline throughout any fight? They would of course mix it up only if they know both boxing and kickboxing and or with the other two. My point is a boxer will more than likely win any stand up against anybody who stands with them unless its a kickboxer who know better to trade with a boxer and not use his kicks. Bruce Lee wouldn't win a fist fight against Tyson nor would he win any striking match against Buakaw. In the real world he is an amateur and a heavy underdog against real fighters. Just like all traditional martial artist because they will find out the nonsense they've been doing wont work against what is proven effective boxing, kickboxing, ju-jitsu, wrestling.

What game? MMA?

Ofcourse there are fighters with other discipline other then the four most successful one I listed but like I said they are the four most successful because they are the four who throughout the ages actually physically competed and found truth into all myths.
    What I was trying to say; was none of those 'successful arts' you mentioned here are pure to their own art form any more. They have all adapted and taken on the best from all of the others. They have had to in order to survive in there, thats how far and how fast the fight game has progressed.

By the game; I meant the modern fight game as opposed to the traditional ones before it.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What game? MMA?

What I was trying to say; was none of those 'successful arts' you mentioned here are pure to their own art form any more. They have all adapted and taken on the best from all of the others. They have had to in order to survive in there, thats how far and how fast the fight game has progressed.

By the game; I meant the modern fight game as opposed to the traditional ones before it.
    I still don't know what you're talking about.

Boxing is the most proven one because it is the most challenged and it has come along ways because it actually competes. Look how boxing has evolve, you should know better than I do because you are like a hundred years older. Boxing is pure and evolves a lot more because it competes and proves itself.

Along with wrestling and muay thai they too compete more than others but not nearly as much as boxing, therfor boxing is best because of how it continuously evolve.

Just because it evolve doesn't mean it is not pure. Boxing is a great example, the sweet science!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post

He was NOT a traditionalist; he was an outspoken critic of them and their classical forms and traditions. In fact, he had his friend make a miniature tombstone representing traditional martial arts and their practitioners and their "classical mess." It hung at the entrance to his training hall.

This man Lee had many of the the practitioners of traditional Asian martial arts really p!$$ed off at him....
    True but I believe Bruce still had the same agenda! $$$$$ and fame!

If the guy wanted to be a great fighter he wouldn't just be a practitioner and an actor. He mislead everybody! Especially gullible nerds to think he knew fighting! Bruce Lee is a practitioner not a fighter! I wouldnt have a problem with him if he would of clear that up because it takes a lot away from real GREAT FIGTHERS! It is unfair for majority of the wolrd to know a practitioner rather than a great one of the greatest figthers ever! Fuck that! I'm not with that at all. You guys can continue idolizing a pratctioner but you all are fools to think Bruce Lee wouldn't get his chin check by any decent boxer or mma fighter, let alone a great one.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post

True but I believe Bruce still had the same agenda! $$$$$ and fame!

If the guy wanted to be a great fighter he wouldn't just be a practitioner and an actor. He mislead everybody! Especially gullible nerds to think he knew fighting! Bruce Lee is a practitioner not a fighter! I wouldnt have a problem with him if he would of clear that up because it takes a lot away from real GREAT FIGTHERS! It is unfair for majority of the wolrd to know a practitioner rather than a great one of the greatest figthers ever! Fuck that! I'm not with that at all. You guys can continue idolizing a pratctioner but you all are fools to think Bruce Lee wouldn't get his chin check by any decent boxer or mma fighter, let alone a great one.
    I wouldnt worry about any other greats, anyone who is great at anything is beyond being ass sore over anything or anyone else.

Like Chuck Norris he is king of all the utube comments these days.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Lee is a poser!

Case Closed.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank God for that.

I can explain it.

Thread Information