wats a good way to increse it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: hand speed

Speedbag, punching with weights in your hands, punching your heavy bag for as long as you can just left right left right etc.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speedbag (despite the name ) is mainly just for timing and muscular endurance in your bicep Its the same with weights, they don't let you punch as quick as you can so you don't develop the muscle memory.

Personally I think a lot of it comes down to your Anaerobic fitness, by being more explosive you develop the fibres needed to be fast when you put it all into practice on the bag, run hill sprints, do plyometrics, calisthetics, bag work etc

Shadow boxing is good too, where most people slow down is snapping the arm back after a punch, shadow boxing gives you the muscle memory to know exactly when to snap your hand back (if you do it on a heavy bag you rely on your eyes to tell you when you've hit the bag and when to snap back... shadow boxing there is nothing to hit so you get your timing and your range down pat.)

Keep your self stretched and flexible, your muscles work in groups, take your elbow for example, to straighten that joint your bicep relaxes and your tricep contracts. If your bicep is really tense (over contracted) the Tricep has to work harder to move the joint, its teh same in reverse, to flex your arm the bicep contracts and the tricep relaxes. this is because the muscle is mounted on one bone and the tendon attached from the muscle is anchored on the other side of the joint.

bend your arm and tense your bicep, place your finger on the soft side of your elbow and you can feel it spanning from teh bicep to the forearm.

the amount each muscle contracts and relaxes depends on where you move the joint... if you hold it in the middle of its range of motion and they'll both stay contracted about the same.

It is important to keep muscles stretched and loose so you have a full range of motion and can make contractions easier.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post cc
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i find relaxation of muscles increases my punching speed

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A little point what people seem to overlook when throwing punches, its notthe hand speed but how fast the elbows move. thats the joint you should be thinking how to move faster, and control its adaptability

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give you a little clue, you have to stretch the triceps, not easy and the muscles attached to the thumb,think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    A little point what people seem to overlook when throwing punches, its notthe hand speed but how fast the elbows move. thats the joint you should be thinking how to move faster, and control its adaptability
    Interesting point. My trainer was trying to get me to keep my elbow in when throwing my jab because I was jabbing almost like I was still swinging a baseball bat. It's a strange feeling for me. So what I ended up having to do was not focus on my jab speed or where my jab hand was going, but focussing on where I wanted my elbow to go. The hand itself is simply being pushed by the direction and speed of the elbow.

Thread Information