Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Better Competition Today's Welterweights or Today's Super Feathers

I was going through this one in my head and trying to think which division has stiffer competition
    I'm sure I will miss some big names these are just the names that popped into my head.

Welters:
    PBF
    Hatton
    Margarito
    Judah
    Gatti
    Collazo
    Baldomir

Super Feathers:
    MAB
    Manny Pacquiao
    Erik Morales
    Rocky Juarez
    Alex Arthur
    Jorge Barrios
    Vicente Mosquera

IMO these two divisions have the most talent right now...Please correct me if I'm wrong

Welters: 2 Super Feathers: 3
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Better Competition Today's Welterweights or Today's Super Feathers

You should include Collazzo in the welters as he gave the second best welterweight out there, Ricky Hatton, a run for his money. Zab on the other hand I don't rate so highly.

Personally I reckon that it is all about the welters.

I believe, although a fantastic fighter MAB gets a lot of his kudos from the hamed win, mostly from the hamed haters who couldn't wait to see somebody kick his arse.

Why is it that when a British boxer is talented it is never recognised? Hamed has been taking a lot of abuse recently from people and then in the same breath they will say MAB is a legend because he beat Hamed. Makes no sense to me!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok that's one for Welters, anyone else?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    I was going through this one in my head and trying to think which division has stiffer competition
    I'm sure I will miss some big names these are just the names that popped into my head.

Welters:
    PBF
    Hatton
    Margarito
    Judah
    Gatti

Super Feathers:
    MAB
    Manny Pacquiao
    Erik Morales
    Rocky Juarez
    Alex Arthur

IMO these two divisions have the most talent right now...Please correct me if I'm wrong
    The problem with welterweights right now is they dont wanna fight each other, ducking makin excuses not to fight the best competition. With the exception of PBF fighting Zab, he was outboxed but clearly he's one of the top Welterweights today.

Super feathers meanwhile, really don't have problems mixing it up, I mean four of these guys met in the ring already. Also there are alot of upcoming Super Feathers. Joan Guzman is good and may be great if handled properly. Rocky is well he's Rocky. Hope JMM comes up and Zahir goes down what a great roster of Super Feathers we have. I mean Barrios, Famoso Hernandez I think has something left in the tank. And if Larios somehow pulls out an upset this is really anybody's ballgame.

I'm gonna go with the Super Feathers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good points Mintymen, it's almost as if there is TOO much money in the welters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id go for the super feathers also.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok that's 2 for the super feathers

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

more input please

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Super feathers mainly because you can guarantee your ass that they will all fight each other and each fight will be awesome! WW,I love Margarito and Floyd too but not too keen on any of the others at all!However,Cotto is moving to WW at the end of the year and JLC has spoken about it too so it could all change because you know Miguek would fight any of those guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well the Welterweight devision has that awesome fight to open up HBO on Saturday Night.
    Two powerful punching undefeated prospects. Walter Dario Matthyse vs Paul Williams.
    And with all the other previous welterweights mentioned on this page i would have to say the Welterweight devision has much more depth than super featherweight.

Thread Information