Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far fetched Thought:Could Bruce Lee have been a Lightweight Champ??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Far fetched Thought:Could Bruce Lee have been a Lightweight Champ??

The thought just crossed my mind he was 5'7 135 lbs If he had commited himselt to Western Boxing fully I believe he would have been a Lightweight champ and a Legend and heres why..

Speed: he had unbelievable hand speed,almost faster than the human eye

Accuracy:He was a deadly accurate striker

Power: His power was legendary,He learned how to utilize every bit of his 135lbs almost superhuman was his power and strength

Footwork:go's without saying and his ability to strike at every percieved angle with maximum power was amazing

Defense: Defense was a priority "Hit without Being hit" is what Bruce preached with Jeet Kune Do

Intelligence: Bruce was a student and a teacher of the fight game he was innovative in his thinking and methods

Bruce was a very physically gifted human being and all joking aside a perfect killing machine...
    Again purely speculative Thread but having knwledge of Bruce and studying his Jeet Kune Do for a few years it's a fun thought..

Funny thing is Bruce would never have committed himself to one art,Jeet Kune Do provides a strong foundation by taking the useful attributes of all different arts and blending them all together so you are effecient and profecient at every range of combat..Boxing is the 1st range of Jeet Kune Do.

But boxing alone is considered an incomplete Martial Art system since it is limited..so he never would have committed exclusively though.But we can still speculate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Far fetched Thought:Could Bruce Lee have been a Lightweight Champ??

I THINK THATS AN EXTREMELY VALID POINT...  AS FUNNY AS IT IS...  IM SURE HE COULD HAVE BEEN...  WOULD HAVE MADE PBF LOOK STUPID WOULD BE FUNNY TO SEE FLOYD DO THE JUDAH SHUFFLE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDunY...ch=boxing%20ko

COOL CLICK
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Lee wasn't faster than the eye... Roy Jones was faster, Mayweather is faster WITH gloves. Bruce Lee is overhyped... Anyone could do his one inch punch, and I saw his sparring tapes he wasn't impressive at all. And the most important note is he never fought anybody that was a world class fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all and most importantly, don't ever say PBF would shuffle like Judah, noone shufles that good!

Second I get annoyed by anyone who says they've studied Jeet Kune Do, as a matter of fact anyone who claims that probably never studied it at all, as it was a philophosy Bruce had. Take in all that applys to you and forget the rest, Jun Fan Gung Fu was the style he created - it's the first thing anyone who practices his style will tell you. The rest of this post is all speculation from someone who's seen Enter the Drag Queen one too many times. Would he of been a champ in boxing? Who knows, most great fighters mentioned have great physical gifts like Bruce so yeah it's possible, not something I'd care to sit around and speculate all day on. Lets be productive and talk about why Hopkins' is fighting Tarver and not Calzaghe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Bruce Lee wasn't faster than the eye... Roy Jones was faster, Mayweather is faster WITH gloves. Bruce Lee is overhyped... Anyone could do his one inch punch, and I saw his sparring tapes he wasn't impressive at all. And the most important note is he never fought anybody that was a world class fighter.
    Bruce wasn't a mainstream competive fighter he trained for the purpose of combat and survival!!!!

So tel me smart ass what world class fighter should he have fought to get your percieved credibility..

This is a speculative thread using factual info about Bruce I train with a credible JKD instructor who learned from 2 of Bruces original students and his proteges Larry Hartsell and Dan Inosanto Trust me believe the HYPE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he fought many world class kickboxing and martial arts world champs. because he was a gifted martial artist he would sure of beat any boxer in his weight in a street fight because he could use fists, legs, knees, elbows etc. although im not sure how he would of been in boxing.i think its true he may of had the fastest hands EVER. he had all the tools but it would just of been a matter of time before he learned the art of boxing(which i would think is much easier than kung fu). if he could do that......who knows. maybe the greatest ever, but we'll never know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Bruce wasn't a mainstream competive fighter he trained for the purpose of combat and survival!!!!

So tel me smart a** what world class fighter should he have fought to get your percieved credibility..

This is a speculative thread using factual info about Bruce I train with a credible JKD instructor who learned from 2 of Bruces original students and his proteges Larry Hartsell and Dan Inosanto Trust me believe the HYPE!!
    First of all fighting like a boxer and fighting like a street fighter are two different things. He would lose against any top Mauy Thai or San SHou fighter around his wieght from China or Thailand in Kick boxing, and he would lose against any top super featherweight boxer. In martial arts at his time there weren't many hell even Chuck Norris got famous of being a good fighter back then. Most of the great fighters back then were in jail in China(or Trianing secretly) or in Thailand which Bruce Lee never went to. Bruce is overhyped he would be a challenge for alot of good fighters in a street fight maybe, but not in a ring. I am confident to say my master would have beaten him because he trained in China under his father who was reknown there and was sent jail during the Mao? reign, and fought other guys in jail, and he learnt everything his dad knew and he quicker at 50 than Bruce was in his prime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw1991
    i think its true he may of had the fastest hands EVER.
    Have you seen featherweight boxers(Pacquio) without their gloves on shadowboxing? Half of his movies Bruce used angles to make his punches look faster and he still looks slower than Pacquio or Mayweather do shadow boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think its true he may of had the fastest hands EVER.
    Have you seen featherweight boxers(Pacquio) without their gloves on shadowboxing? Half of his movies Bruce used angles to make his punches look faster and he still looks slower than Pacquio or Mayweather do shadow boxing.
    Again this a speculative thread not based on actual fact,you just like me cant say he could or would of done anything this was designed to stimulate an intelligent conversation not a thread so people would discredit and put Bruce down or Worship him...Stick to the format and the facts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Lee would lose by DQ for accidently kicking to the head out of instinct.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is pretty much an apples vs oranges deal. Bruce was great at his version of fighting but not sure it would translate well to boxing.
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Bruce Lee would lose by DQ for accidently kicking to the head out of instinct.
    LOL!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he fought many world class kickboxing and martial arts world champs. because he was a gifted martial artist he would sure of beat any boxer in his weight in a street fight because he could use fists, legs, knees, elbows etc. although im not sure how he would of been in boxing.i think its true he may of had the fastest hands EVER. he had all the tools but it would just of been a matter of time before he learned the art of boxing(which i would think is much easier than kung fu). if he could do that......who knows. maybe the greatest ever, but we'll never know
    Then why in ultimate fighting do the strikers like chuck ladell usually beat the kung fu guys or whatever you call them?

I am not saying that the best boxers would always win against these guys because I would really like to see because some good boxers can not take a ground and pound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy, he was to quick and i bet he cud dodge anyfin thrown by a lightweight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruce Lee is no match for Nacho Libre

Thread Information