Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Far fetched Thought:Could Bruce Lee have been a Lightweight Champ??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Far fetched Thought:Could Bruce Lee have been a Lightweight Champ??

He would crush a liger, as would Chuck Norris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    The thought just crossed my mind he was 5'7 135 lbs If he had commited himselt to Western Boxing fully I believe he would have been a Lightweight champ and a Legend and heres why..

Speed: he had unbelievable hand speed,almost faster than the human eye

Accuracy:He was a deadly accurate striker

Power: His power was legendary,He learned how to utilize every bit of his 135lbs almost superhuman was his power and strength

Footwork:go's without saying and his ability to strike at every percieved angle with maximum power was amazing

Defense: Defense was a priority "Hit without Being hit" is what Bruce preached with Jeet Kune Do

Intelligence: Bruce was a student and a teacher of the fight game he was innovative in his thinking and methods

Bruce was a very physically gifted human being and all joking aside a perfect killing machine...
    Again purely speculative Thread but having knwledge of Bruce and studying his Jeet Kune Do for a few years it's a fun thought..

Funny thing is Bruce would never have committed himself to one art,Jeet Kune Do provides a strong foundation by taking the useful attributes of all different arts and blending them all together so you are effecient and profecient at every range of combat..Boxing is the 1st range of Jeet Kune Do.

But boxing alone is considered an incomplete Martial Art system since it is limited..so he never would have committed exclusively though.But we can still speculate
    Dude he could fight abit but he was an actor.
    i dont think so
    You took the words right off of my keyboard!!

HE WAS AN ACTOR

he was not an assassain, we was not a F****** ninja, he had some fights and supposedly won a few but above all else he was an actor.

He drove the martial arts Pop-Culture craze of the 70's but people give him way way way way way too much credit for things that he could have done.

At that time Martial Arts was a relatively exotic concept because we had some what closed ourself off from the Eastern World because of different ideologies. Our infromation sources were limited as well, back then it was National Goegraphic and school textbooks. So when Bruce Lee came on 1the scene it really seemed like he was some sort of magician with this exotic Eastern fighting style that we really previously had limited exposure to in the States.

I agree that he was quick and had a lot of talent but above all else, people need to understand that he was mainly an actor.
    Sorry Bro but that is wrong!!!! He was was an inovator and believed in the evolution of the Martial arts...Please Van damme is an actor who pretends to do martial arts...No something 1st about what you are posting about...Yeah I forget alot of actors publish books of what they are portraying in the movies...

Thats like Stallone writing a book on how to Box...READ A FEW BIOS ON THE MAN AND DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://groups.msn.com/CHINESEBOXINGR...ghtrecord.msnw

He fought like 4 times in the states and against unknown people... the rest were in Hong Kong. Knockout unknowns does not equal = amazing power especially considering how hard he trained in comparison to most unknowns. I doubt he can hit as hard as Mayweather with his fists and definitely not as fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that doesn't show all his fights actually, he had 1 that went the distance I know for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryB
    The thought just crossed my mind he was 5'7 135 lbs If he had commited himselt to Western Boxing fully I believe he would have been a Lightweight champ and a Legend and heres why..

Speed: he had unbelievable hand speed,almost faster than the human eye

Accuracy:He was a deadly accurate striker

Power: His power was legendary,He learned how to utilize every bit of his 135lbs almost superhuman was his power and strength

Footwork:go's without saying and his ability to strike at every percieved angle with maximum power was amazing

Defense: Defense was a priority "Hit without Being hit" is what Bruce preached with Jeet Kune Do

Intelligence: Bruce was a student and a teacher of the fight game he was innovative in his thinking and methods

Bruce was a very physically gifted human being and all joking aside a perfect killing machine...
    Again purely speculative Thread but having knwledge of Bruce and studying his Jeet Kune Do for a few years it's a fun thought..

Funny thing is Bruce would never have committed himself to one art,Jeet Kune Do provides a strong foundation by taking the useful attributes of all different arts and blending them all together so you are effecient and profecient at every range of combat..Boxing is the 1st range of Jeet Kune Do.

But boxing alone is considered an incomplete Martial Art system since it is limited..so he never would have committed exclusively though.But we can still speculate
    Dude he could fight abit but he was an actor.
    i dont think so
    You took the words right off of my keyboard!!

HE WAS AN ACTOR

he was not an assassain, we was not a F****** ninja, he had some fights and supposedly won a few but above all else he was an actor.

He drove the martial arts Pop-Culture craze of the 70's but people give him way way way way way too much credit for things that he could have done.

At that time Martial Arts was a relatively exotic concept because we had some what closed ourself off from the Eastern World because of different ideologies. Our infromation sources were limited as well, back then it was National Goegraphic and school textbooks. So when Bruce Lee came on 1the scene it really seemed like he was some sort of magician with this exotic Eastern fighting style that we really previously had limited exposure to in the States.

I agree that he was quick and had a lot of talent but above all else, people need to understand that he was mainly an actor.
    Sorry Bro but that is wrong!!!! He was was an inovator and believed in the evolution of the Martial arts...Please Van damme is an actor who pretends to do martial arts...No something 1st about what you are posting about...Yeah I forget alot of actors publish books of what they are portraying in the movies...

Thats like Stallone writing a book on how to Box...READ A FEW BIOS ON THE MAN AND DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!
    Woah......easy...did that really warrant a sad click? I know enough about the man to know that he was into martial arts and that martial arts and boxing like comparing apples and oranges. .

I don't need to read bios about Bruce Lee. If I wanted to read about Bruce Lee I would have joined a Bruce Lee Forum. I joined this one because I like to read about BOXING. Nevertheless, I saw your thread and felt compelled to comment on the topic because I felt it was so outrageous. If you read what I wrote a little closer you will see that I never said the man didn't know martial arts.

What I am eluding to is that there are a hell of a lot more Martial Arts Practioners out there who fought a lot more fights than he did. AND YES, IT"S A FACT, he spent a lot of time acting, probably more time acting than fighting (not training).

Thats just my opinion. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

but to be honest with you, you should really expect this kind of reply to such a ridiculous topic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Yeah, but how would he have done against a lion or a tiger. Which one would have given him the most problems? And how about a liger or a tion?
    It depends on the name of the Tiger or Lion or Liger or Tigon? Is the cat named X ?

What I really to know even though this may sound far fetched is how would Jet Li have done as a middleweight boxer??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Josh would Kick Bruce Lee's ass. He is hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone who thinks that bruce lee wouldn't kill every boxer at 126-135 is sadly mistaken..he was too fucking strong and quick, way smarter than all of them esp with PBF moving out of the division...his strength alone is why he would crush anyone down there...that was part of the main reason why Shane Mosely Crushed and I mean crushed everyone down there at those weight because he was so strong...

And whoever said that bruce was 147 pounds is wrong....one time he got up to 165 from lifting weights everyday, but immediately took off the weight because he felt like if the extra weight didn't improve muscle function the extra bulk was worthless..his weight fluctuated between 125-135

Also he was a martial artist turned actor..he chose to use the screen to present martial arts to the world...There where a lot of people who thought that it was all hype and used to show up at the movie sets trying to fight him and he'd kick their ass and finish filming and just fucking guys off the street...And he kicked the shit out of frank dux who was the first american to win the Kumite not to mention that Dux still hold martail arts records with the fastest kick ever to knock a man out (75mph)...Every real martial artist that was assembled at the masters of the martials art convention acknowledged that bruce was the best ever, and not even a quarter of them were actors...
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information