Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ruiz:Ibragimov winner to fight Klitschko

HOLLYWOOD, FL, May 26 – Like the immortal Babe Ruth knocked home run after home run out of the park, the new “Sultan of Swat”, Sultan Ibragimov, is knocking out opponent after opponent in his quest for the Heavyweight Championship.

But finally, the unbeaten native of Rostov-na-Donu, Russia will get his chance to move closer to that dream as it was announced that a purse bid will take place on June 3rd, 2006 at noon during the IBF convention in San Juan, Puerto Rico. This bid will determine the day and site for the IBF elimination bout between Ibragimov (19-0, 16 KOs) and former World Champion John ‘The Quietman’ Ruiz. The winner will get a shot at newly crowned IBF Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko..

“I would like to thank the IBF for this opportunity to fight for the number one contender’s position, and I would also like to thank my team of Warriors Boxing, Boris Grinberg, and Sampson Lewkowicz for their tireless efforts to put me in this position,” said Ibragimov. “Now it’s time for me to make the most of this opportunity, and I will succeed by knocking out John Ruiz and then Wladimir Klitschko to win the World Title.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=7079&more=1

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ruiz:Ibragimov winner to fight Klitschko

Oh my, I didn't even realize that Ruiz had an elimination bout with this guy, see how god damn sneaky he is!! If I hadn't read this post he may have been back as champ again without my even knowing it. THis guy really never dies, let's just hope Ibragimov is the real deal and can make sure he retires.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Oh my, I didn't even realize that Ruiz had an elimination bout with this guy, see how god damn sneaky he is!! If I hadn't read this post he may have been back as champ again without my even knowing it. THis guy really never dies, let's just hope Ibragimov is the real deal and can make sure he retires.
    hahah,CC,I agree 100%,I just saw this small article was surprised!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Sultan's chances in this fight. Ruiz likes to hug, but Sultan won't stand for this. He will push him away and work him hard. I would like to see Sultan vs Klitschko, that would be a battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have been watching Sultan for almost 2 years now. I like a lot of what he brings to the table power, speed, and balls (he is very aggressive). I think that he will punish Ruiz but I reallly don't think that he's ready for Wlad yet.

Thread Information