Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

Final Word: Veit-Brähmer!

Sunday, May 28 2006

By Karl Freitag

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...ufcVahRay.html

Mario Veit's surprising win over previously unbeaten WBC #2 Jürgen Brähmer on Saturday night in Munich has shaken things up in the super middleweight division. Just seconds before the end of the first round, Brähmer landed a right and left combination that dropped Veit. The two-time title challenger Veit, however, came back to win a narrow decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brähmer said after the fight, "After the knockdown, I felt confident I'd win the fight but at some point I felt tired and couldn't give more. Mario fought a brilliant fight." Veit stated, "I'm really happy to have shown critics that I can still do it. Not many expected that I would win. I'm looking forward to my next fight, hopefully against a southpaw like Markus Beyer!" Veit's promoter Klaus–Peter Kohl added, "This fight is very interesting for boxing fans in Germany."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beyer's handlers, however, aren't so hot on making a fight betwen the WBC super middleweight champion Beyer and Veit. "For Markus the WBC mandatory defense against Maxican Librado Andrade is already arranged," said Sauerland Sport Director Hagen Doering. "In addition, we're working on a title unification fight between Markus and Joe Calzaghe. For Markus, a fight against Veit is not on the agenda."
    The Universum intra-stall duel between Brähmer and Veit was the second on this year for the Hamburg-based boxing powerhouse. Back in March, unbeaten heavyweights Ruslan Chagaev and Vladimir Virchis collided with Chagaev winning a majority decision. A third stall-duel is planned for July 29 in Oberhausen when world champion Zsolt Erdei of Hungary will defend against Berliner Thomas Ulrich.
    "I would do it again," said Kohl on the decision to pit his two super middleweight stars against each other. "We simply had to see who is better, is stronger, on who we can build in the future." The Universum chief also made it clear he will continue to stand by his "hundred year talent" Brähmer, vowing "We will make up for this setback."
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

they are working on a fight with calzaghe?

hmm, we shall se....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Veit beats Brahmer...that does some shifting at 168lbs...whachuthink?

Quote Originally Posted by miles

hmm, we shall se....
    Doubt that though...surely they won't be that fwockin stupid.

Joe's got his number...Viet don't want to be the sacrificial lamb again...least I wouldnt think so.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

hmm, we shall se....

Joe's got his number...Viet don't want to be the sacrificial lamb again...least I wouldnt think so.
    no way calzaghe fights veit for a 3rd time....pointless...

i was commenting more on the beyer camps excuses for not fighting veit....

no way beyer will get in with calzaghe....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hmm, we shall se....

i was commenting more on the beyer camps excuses for not fighting veit....

no way beyer will get in with calzaghe....
    My mistake. I think in the end...the best thing for Beyer to do is get a multi million dollar deal to fight Calzaghe because pretty soon...Beyer's gonna get burnt.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would like to see beyer get in there with joe....that would mean 3 belts and perhaps it would tempt him to finish the job with kessler....

now thats the fight i wanna see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would like to see beyer get in there with joe....that would mean 3 belts and perhaps it would tempt him to finish the job with kessler....

You and me both.

I don't know why I'm such a stickler for Calzaghe pulling a UNI bout tour...but I am.

He could do it too...easily. I think that he'd blow Beyer the fwock out & he'd outland Kess.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You and me both.

I don't know why I'm such a stickler for Calzaghe pulling a UNI bout tour...but I am.

He could do it too...easily. I think that he'd blow Beyer the fwock out & he'd outland Kess.
    agreed.

i would like calzaghe to unify and then step, still if h fights johnson next i wont complain....

its certainly better than bloody calzaghe: manfredo!

right, im outta here, got classes to prepare......later folks!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Veit is not a factor in the division. He had his chance twice and blew them

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a factor, he got his two chances against the best of the bunch and came up short, he cant beat Calzaghe, but he can beat and has beat alot of decent fighters.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Figuratively and literally!!!

I think Veit is looking at Beyer, and on Saturdays form, he has a decent chance...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Figuratively and literally!!!

I think Veit is looking at Beyer, and on Saturdays form, he has a decent chance...
    agreed, mr britkid. he can beat beyer.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beyer's handlers, however, aren't so hot on making a fight betwen the WBC super middleweight champion Beyer and Veit. "For Markus the WBC mandatory defense against Maxican Librado Andrade is already arranged," said Sauerland Sport Director Hagen Doering. "In addition, we're working on a title unification fight between Markus and Joe Calzaghe. For Markus, a fight against Veit is not on the agenda."

Beyers handlers aren't hot on making any fight, and I for the life of me can't understand why anyone cares to see him.. Who the hell is Maxican Librado Andrade.. How lame, however his last fight was a nobody and he was on his way to losing that so I guess you never know . Besides he only won the title on a German decision, for anyone who hasn't seen the fight, Eric Lucas beat his ass and was robbed. And Lucas was no great champ, but he was robbed nonetheless, crystal clear. Beyer was getting whipped by Danny Green until a lucky technical decision, and his last fight was the exact same way... It was turning really bad for Beyer and he was taking some big shots, then a headbutt saved him again. Beyer sucks, a fight with Calzaghe would suck, Eric Lucas could come out of retirement and give Joe about as competitive a match up... Trust me, Kessler is better than Beyer.. Lucas said Kessler is the 2nd best fighter he's ever been in against behind Roy Jones obviously.. and like it or not Lucas whipped Beyers ass.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beyer needs to fight Bika more then anyone imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Veit is not a factor in the division. He had his chance twice and blew them
    Actually...he was & is...

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    He is a factor, he got his two chances against the best of the bunch and came up short, he cant beat Calzaghe, but he can beat and has beat alot of decent fighters.
    took the words right outta me mouf!

Thread Information