Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Wladimir Klitschko fights again on 11-11-06 @ Madison Square Garden who would you pick to see him ag

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko fights again on 11-11-06 @ Madison Square Garden. Who tho?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wladimir Klitschko fights again on 11-11-06 @ Madison Square Garden. Who tho?

Plenty of options.

Let's discuss...because let's face it...Klitschko is damned near the best out there @ 200+.

Pick somebody...anybody...whether you think they'd win...or you just want to see Wlad fail or whatever...let's just talk it out.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko fights again on 11-11-06 @ Madison Square Garden. Who tho?

i voted james toney. yes, he's a fat gobshite, but he deserves one more chance seeing as he blobbed out against rahman....

if he is willing to try and redeem himself against arguably the best and most dangerous heavyweight out there then the guy has balls and i would like to see it....

im a toney fan, but i know as well as anyone that a fat toney may very well get bombed out of there....but a focussed toney might do somewhat better...

whether toney can really get up for running off some of those pounds in training is another matter though....

regardless, i choose toney. it might end his career....but with toney there is always the element of the unknown, maybe he can make it interesting one more time....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko fights again on 11-11-06 @ Madison Square Garden. Who tho?

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    i voted james toney. yes, he's a fat gobshite, but he deserves one more chance seeing as he blobbed out against rahman....

if he is willing to try and redeem himself against arguably the best and most dangerous heavyweight out there then the guy has balls and i would like to see it....

im a toney fan, but i know as well as anyone that a fat toney may very well get bombed out of there....but a focussed toney might do somewhat better...

whether toney can really get up for running off some of those pounds in training is another matter though....

regardless, i choose toney. it might end his career....but with toney there is always the element of the unknown, maybe he can make it interesting one more time....
    Good post miles.

I voted Toney too...mainly because Jirov (at cruiser) showed Toney a bit of trouble & I think that Toney (at cruiser) was in pretty damned good shape for that fight & I consider Wlad the best heavy out there now...& I just can't wait to see Toney get his fat ass get pounded into shape...the shape of an oil stain.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who voted Rahman & why?

Talk to me person...talk to me.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by miles

Good post miles.

I voted Toney too...mainly because Jirov (at cruiser) showed Toney a bit of trouble & I think that Toney (at cruiser) was in pretty damned good shape for that fight & I consider Wlad the best heavy out there now...& I just can't wait to see Toney get his fat a** get pounded into shape...the shape of an oil stain.
    thanks wacko...

agreed. wlad may very well destroy toney, but if toney really is the fighter and warrior he claims to be then it will be very interesting to see how toney responds to the possible bombardment and punishment wlad can dish out....will toney be able to dig in and test wlad or will he ultimately crumble....

byrd fell apart, but i think toney brings a different kind of fight to the table. its hard to hit him flush, wlad will waste plenty of punches trying to find his target....you can hit toney but you waste punches on the way because of his ever rolling style. my worry with regards to toney is the rahman fight. was that a sign of things finally catching up with toney or was it a blip because of poor preparation. he wasnt able to press for 12 rounds and to be honest, to beat wlad you need to pressure, pressure, pressure and hopefully you can make him implode from sheer effort. toneys skills are undeniable but he needs the physical aspects to maximise his inbuilt boxing skills. its his only way of beating wlad...

toney isnt stupid, but he might be a little pig headed, whence the continual ballooning....

if he can lose weight, hit the road and then we have an intriguing twilight toney fight, if not then it could mean the final dismantling of a long, long career....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait, how come Toney "deserves" another shot? Geez, the guy got one against Ruiz... steroids, then another against Rahman... just plain laziness, and those two things equal "deserving" another shot? Maybe this is why the heavyweight division lingers on in the mess it's in because these names keep getting "shots" just because they're names... I mean I realize that most of the prospects right now are pretty green, but who knows, lets dump the tubs of lard and the "just-good-enough-to-get-bys" already and start seeing some of these younger guys get shots.
    Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!! Down Goes Frazier!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So yeah... I voted Shannon Briggs... cause he's... young... and... umm... wait no...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cosell
    Wait, how come Toney "deserves" another shot? Geez, the guy got one against Ruiz... steroids, then another against Rahman... just plain laziness, and those two things equal "deserving" another shot? Maybe this is why the heavyweight division lingers on in the mess it's in because these names keep getting "shots" just because they're names... I mean I realize that most of the prospects right now are pretty green, but who knows, lets dump the tubs of lard and the "just-good-enough-to-get-bys" already and start seeing some of these younger guys get shots.
    Let me just ask you this...if that fat ass was on your way to unification...wouldn't you want to stomp the shat outta his big mouthy lard ass?

I mean...just as a bonus?

Sure you would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So yeah... I voted Shannon Briggs... cause he's... young... and... umm... wait no...
    Speakin of someone you'd wanna stomp the shat out of for being a big mouthy lard a**?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me just ask you this...if that fat a** was on your way to unification...wouldn't you want to stomp the shat outta his big mouthy lard a**?

Sure you would.
    Granted... fine, let's have Don King give the guy a trinket and then I'm all for someone flattening the pillsbury doughboy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me just ask you this...if that fat a** was on your way to unification...wouldn't you want to stomp the shat outta his big mouthy lard a**?

Sure you would.
    Granted... fine, let's have Don King give the guy a trinket and then I'm all for someone flattening the pillsbury doughboy
    He's got the IBA & WBC's Continental Americas title...that's got trinket written alllllllllll over it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure you would.
    He's got the IBA & WBC's Continental Americas title...that's got trinket written alllllllllll over it!
    Wait, I thought you meant unify the World Heavyweight Championship, not the special edition Crackerjack toy collectibles... we just weren't on the same page there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wait, I thought you meant unify the World Heavyweight Championship, not the special edition Crackerjack toy collectibles... we just weren't on the same page there
    Oh wer'e on the same page Howard...you just haven't realized that in the end...all those trinkets are indeed toys for little boys who can hardly say their ABC's...much less win them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I'd better hit the bed before I start saying REALLY stupid things like "nuculer" and "mission accomplished"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I'd better hit the bed before I start saying REALLY stupid things like "nuculer" and "mission accomplished"
    Myself.

I'm out too.

On that note...who did you vote for in the poll...& if you didnt vote...who'd you want Wlad to face next?

Thread Information