Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Hughes vs. Fedor Emelianko???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Matt Hughes vs. Fedor Emelianko???

I just don't know how you can put a skinny, awkward (albeit hard hitting) striker against a guy with 20pounds and a massive skill and strength differential. I think we should put this to a vote. Tyson hits FAR harder and FAR more accurately. Chuck couldn't even take Rampage. Now, I like chuck, but there's a guy who's over-rated. Who in the UFC light HW division can battle with him? Nobody, yet he wouldn't dare go back to Pride where he's get killed.

The bottom line... Tyson is the hardest hitter to ever live.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look do you think Tyson hits any harder than Tank Abbot? I doubt it...better technique sure, faster hands agreed...but harder no. And Tank got his a$$ beat by alot of people. Namely Vitor who I mentioned earlier
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    those guys would pepper him from the outside tie him up on the inside then bomb him out with knees and elbows...Tyson is the most overrated fighter ever
    your fucking crazy, you have no idea what your talking about. he would KILL them. thay would have no chance if he was in his prime. you are a fucking idiot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look do you think Tyson hits any harder than Tank Abbot? I doubt it...better technique sure, faster hands agreed...but harder no. And Tank got his a$$ beat by alot of people. Namely Vitor who I mentioned earlier
    I beat all of my money that tyson hit twice as hard. tyson wore boxing gloves Imagine tyson with mma gloves. Tank was sloppy as hell and slow, you get tysons power and speed and thats more harder that a sloppy power punch. Im gonna have to say it once more you are an idiot, no your more like retarded

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry, do you feel it improves your argument to run your mouth and talk sh!t...disagree with me all you want but how about you stop being such a harda$$ over a computer screen. Tyson is a hugely overrated boxer and wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top MMA fighters in the world. Not the tyson of 1988 or any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry, do you feel it improves your argument to run your mouth and talk sh!t...disagree with me all you want but how about you stop being such a harda$ over a computer screen.  Tyson is a hugely overrated boxer and wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top MMA fighters in the world.  Not the tyson of 1988 or any day. 
    I gotta say I do think cringers and Idiot and should show some respect but all of you have to stop comparing boxers to MMA guys there are very very small similarities...Its like saying since a Football linebacker is Big and Muscular he should be able to step onto a Baseball field and hit homeruns all the time.....IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT DYNAMIC AND SKILL SET!!!!!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't agree more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree but its funny, tank hitting harder than tyson?

And tank got his ass beat by vitor and vitor as some boxing back ground

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry, do you feel it improves your argument to run your mouth and talk sh!t...disagree with me all you want but how about you stop being such a harda$$ over a computer screen. Tyson is a hugely overrated boxer and wouldn't stand a chance against any of the top MMA fighters in the world. Not the tyson of 1988 or any day.
    Liddel is not a top MMA fighter. He is a big fish in a small pond and would never survive in Pride. Tyson would crush his skull inside or outside the ring, octagon, or wherever you want them to square off. A guy who flails vs a technically proficient and devastatingly hard striker...no contest.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look von you can keep touting tyson if you want. I think the guy was just a good hw fighter and nothing more. Great power puncher but definatly with flaws. Alot of those flaws are of the emotional and mental type, but flaws none the less. The guy failed against every great HW he ever faced miserbaly. He has a win over a blown up LHW with bad knees in Spinks and a 38 yr old Holmes outside of those wins none of his wins are against anything other than average to decent fighters. Against a top lhw and hw MMA striker the guy would have a punchers chance but thats about it. I think you are doing Chuck a disservice by saying he isn't one of the best LHW's in the world. He has wins against Tito, Couture, Babalu, Horn etc. Would he be as dominant in Pride? Maybe maybe not. Rampage put a pretty good ass whipping on him, but that doesn't take away from the rest of the guys career. Obviously his style isn't an orthodox boxing style but I don't think you deny its effectiveness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing: Tyson would take out any MMA fighter. Forget Tyson..so would any other top Boxer
    MMA: Tyson would get destroyed by the likes of Lidell, Shogun and so on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could see it now. Liddel throwing his sloppy hooks and tyson weaves and delivers a body shot dropping chuck to the ground

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

funny I could see tyson getting tied up in a clinch eating a knee then quiting like the bitch he is. You can call Chuck's punches sloppy if you want but the guy has proven to be one of the best strikers in the world with KO's of some of the top fighters. I'd say the ends justify the means. Plus I think the better point is that an orthodox boxing style in regards to MMA striking isn't the best choice. I know I have to open up my guard and use a totally different movement and punching scheme when I spar with my MMA coach versus when I'm just sparring in a boxing ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah funny that Chuck is the worlds top mmaer but when he goes to pride and fights the worlds greatest mmaers he gets his a** handed to him

Plus Chuck couldnt even get close to get Tyson in a clinch.

I think your crazy

This is sums up what would happen to chuck liddel

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cringer you tkae stuff out of context. I din't say he was the greatest only that he is one the best. A simple look at the man's record shows that he is a very dangerous striker and if you can't see that than your blind.

Thread Information