Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Zab had won against Tszyu?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Would Zab had won against Tszyu?

I never saw the fight at the time, I was a lot younger and wan't following boxing as closely. I have seen the 20 sec clip on youtube with Zab doing the twist and shake, but have recently watched the whole fight on google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52&q=zab+judah

Having watched this Zab quite clearly wins the first round and really rocks Kostya with an uppercut followed by a flurry and has him hi=olding on in round one. He also looks well ahead on hand speed, and Tszyu is having trouble landing cleanly.

Now obviously Tszyu did win on the night, but does anyone else think that if Zab had taken his time getting to his feet he would:
    1) Been allowed to carry on
    2) Survived a lot longer
    3) Possibly beaten Kostya

Opinions would be great, Kostya fans and Zab haters please don't shoot me down I just want to see what people think!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would Zab had won against Tszyu?

It's hard to say really mate, but i fell KT was working him out in the second round, and would have got to him and slowed him down resulting in him being KO'd like he was or the ref stepping in, thats just my opinion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Zab would of probably ended up stretched comatose if it carried on.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    It's hard to say really mate, but i fell KT was working him out in the second round, and would have got to him and slowed him down resulting in him being KO'd like he was or the ref stepping in, thats just my opinion.
    I think the fight would have ended in a KO maybe a round or two later....KT was in his prime(the latter portion) for that fight and Beast that he was he would have found Zab's chin again....not like the 36 year old version of KT that fought Hatton....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably not. Because as you can see even in the aftermath with Zab and Nady you can tell in Zab's eyes that he was completely gone and didn't know where he was. And this was minutes after and Zab was still dazed and confused, I doubt the one minute of time his corner would be given to revive him would have been enough unless Zab cleared his head for 4 rounds and held.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats the thing, I really don't think he was gone. i think he just got up too quickly. and his head was still shaking. Ih he had stayed kneeling for 8 and then stood up he would have been alright IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbird13
    Thats the thing, I really don't think he was gone. i think he just got up too quickly. and his head was still shaking. Ih he had stayed kneeling for 8 and then stood up he would have been alright IMO
    Nady clearly said he was gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Zab's attention span and stamina he would have KO'd inside of 6 anyways. Zab has good skills he just can not stay focused for a full fight. Going in against KT he knew to stay away from the right and he still got caught with it. If it would have gone on KT would have tracked him down and done the same thing.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he would have got up, he would have been hit with the straight right again and he would have been KO'd eventually imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is Tszyu figured him out so quickly and would eventually catch him again and also,the crowd was over excited about whatever Judah did in round 1,if you watch the replay carefully,he did not catch Tszyu cleanly and certainly did not shake him at all. He jumped on him and grazed him,Tszyu was leaning back,I remember the commentators pinpointing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 05:23 on the above video Zab connects with a solid uppercut. Watch it! You cannot say that didn't connect, you see his head fly back

Not many people have answered the question, if he had taken his time would he have been allowed to continue?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It does not make sense to ask that question simply because how long after was Zab dazed by that shot from Tszyu? From throwing the stool,choking Nady,throwing tantrums etc,how many minutes after the fight was that? Of course the 1 min break between rounds would have made no difference and even if he took his time getting up,again,no difference.Zab won the first round by default,he threw punches,Tszyu did not.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbird13
    I never saw the fight at the time, I was a lot younger and wan't following boxing as closely. I have seen the 20 sec clip on youtube with Zab doing the twist and shake, but have recently watched the whole fight on google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52&q=zab+judah

Having watched this Zab quite clearly wins the first round and really rocks Kostya with an uppercut followed by a flurry and has him hi=olding on in round one. He also looks well ahead on hand speed, and Tszyu is having trouble landing cleanly.

Now obviously Tszyu did win on the night, but does anyone else think that if Zab had taken his time getting to his feet he would:
    1) Been allowed to carry on
    2) Survived a lot longer
    3) Possibly beaten Kostya

Opinions would be great, Kostya fans and Zab haters please don't shoot me down I just want to see what people think!!
    You forgot one

4) Judah gets carried out on a stretcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Say Zab got through to round 3..

Tszyu would come out at the bell, swinging and would have banged Zab out within the first minute.

Zab was 'walking unconcious' when it was stopped - he disputed it so savagely because he could remember little of the KO.

I think Zab would have been really really hurt and knowing how he gets into his shell when he gets hurt, would have been clubbed to death with body shots until the chin poked out and Tszyu would have unscrewed his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should Nady have let the bout continue? Of course, and I hope in the same vain, chrisbird13, joins me in criticizing Richard Steele for stopping Barkley/HearnsI too early.

Anyone who ever saw it, knows full well, Tommy was toying with Barkley, and yet one flash :P knockdown and a couple of follow up punches, when Tommy got up, and Steele goes and stops the fight!!!!

Ridiculous

Thread Information