0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Joe call it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Tarver should be his last fight
    only if he beats BHop. Why the hell he hasn't fought Beyer already amazes me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Tarver should be his last fight
    only if he beats BHop. Why the hell he hasn't fought Beyer already amazes me.
    well, if what everyone else here says is true....beyer is a punk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Sad to see the fight is off , but shat happens. So where does this leave Joe? The clock is ticking. 34 and not getting younger. How much longer can his speed last? His power will stay but his hands are to f-ed up to be beatin peoples brains in. So heres my question: should joe retire undefeated , with his belts and the admiration of 99% of the boxing public. Or risk losing and f-ing up his legacy?
    First & foremost...I don't want you to get all misty eyed & think we need to have a group hug...but that was about the best...most level headed post that youv'e put up on this site...period!

I know you don't give two shats...but that earned you some respect from ole' drunken Wacko...& I aint bullshattin.

In the end...IWHO...I think that Joe should hang it up. I'd love to see him fight Tarver, Johnson, Jones, & whoever...but his hands are brittle & they are falling apart. I'd rather remember him for his good fights & amazing showings than I would him going out on his shield.

Many people don't understand me & my position on boxers...but look at all that he has accomplished.

Be a shame to see him lose it due to the fact that his hands are made of glass.

Retirement would be fine to me.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Sad to see the fight is off , but shat happens. So where does this leave Joe? The clock is ticking. 34 and not getting younger. How much longer can his speed last? His power will stay but his hands are to f-ed up to be beatin peoples brains in. So heres my question: should joe retire undefeated , with his belts and the admiration of 99% of the boxing public. Or risk losing and f-ing up his legacy?
    First & foremost...I don't want you to get all misty eyed & think we need to have a group hug...but that was about the best...most level headed post that youv'e put up on this site...period!

I know you don't give two shats...but that earned you some respect from ole' drunken Wacko...& I aint bullshattin.

In the end...IWHO...I think that Joe should hang it up. I'd love to see him fight Tarver, Johnson, Jones, & whoever...but his hands are brittle & they are falling apart. I'd rather remember him for his good fights & amazing showings than I would him going out on his shield.

Many people don't understand me & my position on boxers...but look at all that he has accomplished.

Fwock...I almost forgot...a very sincere for a dead on point, 1st rd ko
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fwock...I almost forgot...a very sincere for a dead on point, 1st rd ko
    thanks mr.wacko. and to think all the shat i got for thinking jeff was going to kill ole joe. i was wrong and dont feel bad about it. best of luck to joe (and all boxers).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks mr.wacko. and to think all the shat i got for thinking jeff was going to kill ole joe. i was wrong and dont feel bad about it. best of luck to joe (and all boxers).
    Holy christ...who are you & what the fwock ha ve you done with our 1st rd ko?!?!?

Heh heh heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holy christ...who are you & what the fwock ha ve you done with our 1st rd ko?!?!?

Heh heh heh.
    o you know, drinkin too much and lookin for a "fight". when im sober and clear headed im not quite the arse i might come off as. anyway , i have a feeling joe will be back. good or bad for him? time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heh heh heh.
    o you know, drinkin too much and lookin for a "fight". when im sober and clear headed im not quite the a*** i might come off as. anyway , i have a feeling joe will be back. good or bad for him? time will tell.
    Heh heh heh. EIther way...the new you is too cool for school!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heh heh heh.
    o you know, drinkin too much and lookin for a "fight". when im sober and clear headed im not quite the a*** i might come off as. anyway , i have a feeling joe will be back. good or bad for him? time will tell.
    hey thanks, but i havnt changed. i just got accustomed to posting with a majority of brits. thats about it. (not that i have anything against brits) i just like boxing , perhaps a tad too much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heh heh heh.

hey thanks, but i havnt changed. i just got accustomed to posting with a majority of brits. thats about it. (not that i have anything against brits) i just like boxing , perhaps a tad too much?
    get a room u pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo

Heh heh heh.

get a room u pair

love at first "post"? (sober that is). anyway, back to the question. should joe stop or go on and risk it all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's a f*ck*ng hand people.....train with bigger gloves....switch brand of gloves....he'll fight in the fall....if he does it again then maybe....or chop the damn thing off and fight with a stump....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think should call it a day just yet, he still has some business to do before he can retire a legend, it just worrys me that with all the money he has now he still gets frequent injuries. Anyway i read an interview with calzaghes dad and he said joe wants to beat rocky marcienos unbeaten record before he retires.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    ....or chop the damn thing off and fight with a stump....
    You've watched too many Jean Claude Van Dam movies
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think joe needs to get it together pretty sharpish because everyone he's talking about fighting will be retiring pretty soon,tarver,hopkins,jones etc theres not many up and coming fighters that could be called big name fights.

Thread Information