Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Joe call it a day?

Sad to see the fight is off , but shat happens. So where does this leave Joe? The clock is ticking. 34 and not getting younger. How much longer can his speed last? His power will stay but his hands are to f-ed up to be beatin peoples brains in. So heres my question: should joe retire undefeated , with his belts and the admiration of 99% of the boxing public. Or risk losing and f-ing up his legacy?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Joe call it a day?

These injuries don't go away, I would say yeah hang up the gloves.
    Beating Lacy was a great way to end his career. No need to prove
    anything, he's already proven it. Don't wanna see him end up like
    Holyfield.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Holyfield.
    Are you 2 serious? What legacy? What has he proven?That he can hold on to a b.s belt(WBO) and fight b.s opposition for 10 years. Hes never taken any risks.Calzaghe wasted away his career and all he got to show for it is a win against lacy. Who was lacy? Who had lacy beaten to make him great? Nobody so does joe beating him make him great? Hell no. He should retire and stop wasting real boxing fans time.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    Holyfield.
    Are you 2 serious? What legacy? What has he proven?That he can hold on to a b.s belt(WBO) and fight b.s opposition for 10 years. Hes never taken any risks.Calzaghe wasted away his career and all he got to show for it is a win against lacy. Who was lacy? Who had lacy beaten to make him great? Nobody so does joe beating him make him great? Hell no. He should retire and stop wasting real boxing fans time.
    Tomayto -- Tomahto

We both agree he should retire
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield.
    What legacy? dont you see the number of post joe has going at any given time? so he certainly has a BIG legacy in his country to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Holyfield.
    What legacy? dont you see the number of post joe has going at any given time? so he certainly has a BIG legacy in his country to say the least.
    Have you heard the saying that everyboby is the man in there own hood.But can you be the man in someone elses? That defines greatness
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1st rd ko
    Holyfield.
    Have you heard the saying that everyboby is the man in there own hood.But can you be the man in someone elses? That defines greatness
    yea , something like that. my point is if he were to lose he wouldnt be the man even in his own hood. so your saying he should continue to achieve "greatness"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hes only 33** ,,anyway i dont think he should call it a day ...hes has a good record for a super middle weight ...not many 168+ weights have champions w/ 41-0 records

he can pick and choose and be a 1 fight a year champ ...it would suck but hes earned it

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Calzaghe better not retire. He's undefeated. If he was to retire now, do you know what kind of exaggerated bullshit I'm going to have to put up with. All his misguided fans will elevate him to some kind of boxing God. Every fact and truth about him will be countered with "Yeah, but he never lost." or the worse "Joe dominated his era, no fighter ever beat him." I don't want to hear that for the rest of my life. So hell no, Joe better not retire. Let him lose his 0, than his ass can retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    hes only 33** ,,anyway i dont think he should call it a day ...hes has a good record for a super middle weight ...not many 168+ weights have champions w/ 41-0 records

he can pick and choose and be a 1 fight a year champ ...it would suck but hes earned it
    what would be the point of that? he's calling out all the big names and if he cant be 100% for these select few why risk it? o by the way, he has a PERFECT record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=MRMANICK ]
    [quote=1st rd ko ]
    Holyfield.
    Mate are you serious, calzaghe reign at super mid is second to none ,yeh he fought fought bums early on in his career but hasnt any other fighter done the same. i think ppl forge t that he beat (yes an older) eubank, but eubank was more pumped up for this one than he ever was for the 2 collins fights, he stopped an omar sheika who was younger than when lacy fought him and he took lacy the distance!! he beat a very game charles brewer (former champ) by ud, he was the first fighter to stop byron mitchell (another former champ who went 12 rounds with sven ottke) calzaghe stopped him in two. he beat evans ashira (whos no bum) with one hand and dominated and he absolutley destroy lacy so theres your legacy and on top of all that i do believe he is the longest reigning WC in boxing today.. but yes MRMANICK being a true boxing fan you would know all this already.
    nuff said...
    way_evs

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id like to see the doctors note.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tarver should be his last fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Tarver should be his last fight
    but which would be better: he gets beat BUT gets a big payday. he quits and retires undefeated (hero and ledgen for many, forever)......or and this is the hard part , he fights and its all on the line.

Thread Information