Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Thinking as a boxer and a businessman and knowing that PBF ain't happening until 2007, who should Ha

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should Hatton fight next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who should Hatton fight next?

I've got a shitload of choices, vote!!!

I've already said on another post that the best decision would be to fight Zab Judah in his next fight because Judah is basically a blown up light welter, with a glass jaw, and a weak body, but still has enough respect for his boxing skills that Hatton would gain something if he won. Plus, it would be a good leadup to a PBF megafight next and it would probably do well on PPV because everyone is gonna wanna see this what Zab's dumb ass is gonna do next and Zab is a big name. What do yall think?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Hatton fight next?

Gatti / Baldomir winner, he should try and grab that other belt, that would give him the leverage to fight say.....PBF

My second choice would be Antonio "Noone will fight me" Margarito
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he is to stay at 147 then fight judah and beat him better than PBF did.....IF he can....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should fight Urkal. Ok he may not be a popular choice but he IS the mandatory opponent.

It makes a mockery of having world title belts if a fighter can win one and then not bother with mandatory defenses.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    He should fight Urkal. Ok he may not be a popular choice but he IS the mandatory opponent.

It makes a mockery of having world title belts if a fighter can win one and then not bother with mandatory defenses.
    did collazo lose the belt? or did it just exchange hands?

give collazo another shot....hatton won but it was close and tough to score...

prove it all hatton and beat collazo again...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

as soon as I can again
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed....man up and give Collazo the deserved rematch......
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I agree a rematch with Collazo would be a good choice as well.

Either way I think an attempt should be made to defend the belt according to the rules, Urkal or Collazo.

I know neither is Mayweather or Margarito but seriously what is the point of having world title belts if no attempt is made to make the mandatory defenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should go for JLC....big name and would be a cracker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Collazo deserves a rematch. In all honesty, who is going to dish out big bucks to see Hatton vs. Urkal. A lot of people have no idea who Urkal is, mainly because his fights are mostly in Germany. The ironic thing is mandatory challenges are important to give belts validity, while the sanctioning bodies work so hard to destroy with questionable decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1.Collazo rematch
    2.Gatti/Baldomir winner
    3.Cotto
    4.Mandatory

Collazo deserves a rematch, Urkal i wouldnt fight, Hatton was saying not long ago he wants career defining fighting hear on in, Urkal i wouldnt exactly call that career defining would you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totaaallllllly disagree with fighting Urkal,when did mandatories become so important to Hatton,I mean what happened at 140 with Ben Rabah etc Second,I don't think fighting Gatti would prove anything for him,Gatti is beaten up and does nothing for his legacy but does earn him big bucks. Right now,Collazo is by far and away most deserving of a shot,then JLC fight would be good and a Cotto fight too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Said in the other thread

Boxing is a business and there is absolutely no point whatsoever in fighting Collazo again.

Risky fight for very little reward and he would have to vacate the belt

I would like to see it happen from a personal point of view just to prove the doubters wrong but if Hatton won by a first round knock out people would still criticise

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    1.Collazo rematch
    2.Gatti/Baldomir winner
    3.Cotto
    4.Mandatory

Collazo deserves a rematch, Urkal i wouldnt fight, Hatton was saying not long ago he wants career defining fighting hear on in, Urkal i wouldnt exactly call that career defining would you?
    CC, skel....option 1 or option 2 are what i would like to see next. Urkal should not be part of this final career master plan....it makes no sense if hatton is intent on having only half a dozen more fights to fight Urkal...

im a bit disturbed at the direction the hatton camp is taking....hatton should fight collazo, i think he beat collazo but it was such a close, tough fight to score...

i decisive win over collazo would silence some of the critics and hatton could then feel free to fight his other super fights....but urkal should not be part of any agenda....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo would set Hatton back. He's in a situation right now where he's under the hammer. He will be stripped of his belt if he doesn't fight Urkal. Mandatories never bothered Hatton before because he had better things to do, and right now no other fight is forthcoming. And to be perfectly honest nobody is going to risk a belt or their reputation against Hatton because if they were to take that fight and win, they wouldn't get a title anyway. Hatton will be stripped as soon as he takes any fight against anyone but Urkal.

Thread Information