Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tarver is too funny when he is emotional

I just saw an interview of Tarver being so enraged after hopkins called him a one hit wonder.
    Here are some of the quotes.

"If you can't beat Jerman Taylor, you out of your league, fucking with me"

"I have to tell people how great I am coz nobody else will say it"

"I am going to be a two hit wonder come June 10"

"They don't know, how great I am, They don't know and they don't recognize it" (Hopkins' camp)

"You got guys like Castilio (thats what he called him) in P4P list, this fucking quiter can't even make weight and you got Marco Antonio Barrera who just had life and death in his last fight in the top ten. This is disrespect for people like me who have worked their butt off, has beaten every man that has stepped in the ring with me but you can't find me nowhere in the top ten P4P list and I am one of the biggest stars in the game today".

"My ability, my skills, my ring generalship, mypunching power, my right hand and my left hand, I have it all. All hopkins brings is a body"

"People don't understand that I was training in LA, Stallone was just out there eating donuts"

"Every fight I am in is going to be a superfight".

"If he beats me, he beats the best Antonio Tarver, no excuses. I have to take my hat off to him, my drawers, my socks and my shoes"

This was too funny. Tarver has to be one of the best talkers. If him and toney ever fight, that would be one press conference to look forward to.
    "Very few people really understand what it means to be a fighter. I hate it when I hear someone say, 'That fighter doesn't have guts. I hate that, I don't care if you're a world champion six times over or a four-round fighter, to step inside that ring, you have to have guts" Oscar De La Hoya

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tarver is too funny when he is emotional

At least he won't take his hand off to him.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am soooooo tired of Tarver. He is an outspoken clown who will undoubtedly fight undersized or underskilled opponents until it's time for him to retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more he talks, the more I hope Bernard Hopkins knocks him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Tarver #9 in my P4P. You need someone like Tarver in boxing, he makes promotions interesting and gives the public a villain to hate.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    You need someone like Tarver in boxing, he makes promotions interesting and gives the public a villain to hate.
    A bit like Abu Al-Zarquawi really. Now we will have to find and invent/create another villain to hate there as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    I am soooooo tired of Tarver. He is an outspoken clown who will undoubtedly fight undersized or underskilled opponents until it's time for him to retire.
    always seems like he is looking for an angle instead of fighting the bast in his division...what about Gilermo Jones?....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chamiley
    I just saw an interview of Tarver being so enraged after hopkins called him a one hit wonder.
    Here are some of the quotes.

"If you can't beat Jerman Taylor, you out of your league, F****** with me"

"I have to tell people how great I am coz nobody else will say it"

"I am going to be a two hit wonder come June 10"

"They don't know, how great I am, They don't know and they don't recognize it" (Hopkins' camp)

"You got guys like Castilio (thats what he called him) in P4P list, this F****** quiter can't even make weight and you got Marco Antonio Barrera who just had life and death in his last fight in the top ten. This is disrespect for people like me who have worked their butt off, has beaten every man that has stepped in the ring with me but you can't find me nowhere in the top ten P4P list and I am one of the biggest stars in the game today".

"My ability, my skills, my ring generalship, mypunching power, my right hand and my left hand, I have it all. All hopkins brings is a body"

"People don't understand that I was training in LA, Stallone was just out there eating donuts"

"Every fight I am in is going to be a superfight".

"If he beats me, he beats the best Antonio Tarver, no excuses. I have to take my hat off to him, my drawers, my socks and my shoes"

This was too funny. Tarver has to be one of the best talkers. If him and toney ever fight, that would be one press conference to look forward to.
    tarver is a fuck-tard
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"You got guys like Castilio (thats what he called him) in P4P list, this fucking quiter can't even make weight and you got Marco Antonio Barrera who just had life and death in his last fight in the top ten. This is disrespect for people like me who have worked their butt off, has beaten every man that has stepped in the ring with me but you can't find me nowhere in the top ten P4P list and I am one of the biggest stars in the game today".
    Its disrespect to people like Castillo and Corrales and Barerra for Tarver to even say he is a p4p top 10. Compare what he's done, what has he done? Ok I give him credit, he beat Roy Jones Jr as an underdog. But it still doesn't compare to Castillo or Corrales or Barerra or Pacquiao in accomplishments.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I've got a left hand, a right hand and all kinds of body parts and I'm fighting a stump"
    that's how I interpreted that, did I miss something?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    You need someone like Tarver in boxing, he makes promotions interesting and gives the public a villain to hate.
    A bit like Abu Al-Zarquawi really. Now we will have to find and invent/create another villain to hate there as well.

Wow.........what a beautiful segue.

Way to work politics into the boxing forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tarver can't fight like he talks which is the problem. If he was some quiet guy fighter like Cotto then he would be more acceptable. But when he talks we expect him to be spectacular then, and the sad thing is, we all know he isn't. He had his moment in the sun to look spectacular in the first Johnson fight and he lost, and he couldn't even look impressive winning the rematch or the third Roy fight. He just isn't up to par with the way he talks. He would have more fans if he talked like Cotto instead of Ali.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Tarver can't fight like he talks which is the problem. If he was some quiet guy fighter like Cotto then he would be more acceptable. But when he talks we expect him to be spectacular then, and the sad thing is, we all know he isn't. He had his moment in the sun to look spectacular in the first Johnson fight and he lost, and he couldn't even look impressive winning the rematch or the third Roy fight. He just isn't up to par with the way he talks. He would have more fans if he talked like Cotto instead of Ali.
    Exactly. I always say the same thing. Tarver talks like he is gonna go in there Tyson style, guns blazing looking for a war and a KO. But people who have seen him fight, know that is all BS. He is a hesitant counter puncher, much like what Bernard has become. If anything this fight should be a chess match, and one Bernard, the superior boxer, should win IMO. Unless Tarver lands another one in a million shot, bites down and brings the fight to Bernard consisitently, or B-hop gets screwed again by the judges.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by X

Wow.........what a beautiful segue.

Way to work politics into the boxing forum

I just thought that I'd be provocative and see if it stirred anyone up !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone should tell him he's number 8 in the most recent issue of The Rings top 10 P4P list.

Thread Information