Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Barrera past it ?

Is Marco Antonio past it ?

I just get the immpression he's going on experience and memory and would get well and trully caned against Pacman .

He dont like pressure and seems to be hood winking the judges i really believe he is there for the taking for a decent young fighter. Marquez ,Harrison and Pacman would break him up IMO.

Looks like Harrison wont be breaking anyone up for a while mind .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Barrera past it ?

I think both him and Morales' next fights will be one too many (in fact Morales has already had one too many) Don't know how either of them ever continued so long after their wars with each other!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that 1st fight will live in the memory i remember staying up all night to watch it and then walking to work next day at about 6 in the morning .

Golden times .

I believe Morrales won it Barrera fought in spurts but Erik was more consistent over the 3 minutes or most rounds.

MAB has paid his dues .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes, i do believe Barrera is passed it and if he decides to have a rematch with Manny Pacquioa (heard MAB is fighting Jorge Barrios next though)...he's gonne get canned

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=008010

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

Yeah that 1st fight will live in the memory i remember staying up all night to watch it and then walking to work next day at about 6 in the morning .

Golden times .

I believe Morrales won it Barrera fought in spurts but Erik was more consistent over the 3 minutes or most rounds.

MAB has paid his dues .
    I had Barrera a clear winner in the 1st fight (specially with a 10-8 last round) had Morales nicking the 2nd and Barerra nicking the 3rd I think their 3rd fight was the start of Morales' slide.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and he had still enough in the tank to beat Manny Pacquioa

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    Makes you wonder what a prime Morales would've done. Pacs tactics were all wrong in that fisrt fight tho.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barrera been written off his whole career but he always comes up with surprises . N one thought he'd beat Nas after the Jones loss but he was great . Then he was written off against Morales the 3rd time cuz of the Pac loss . Now peolple are saying Pac will be too much . I wouldnt be surprised if Marco skools him in the rematch . He has over come bigger obstacles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may not be what he was, but i never like to bet against him, he is such a warrior!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is, even though he is a warrior pac brings constant pressure and I dont know if MAB can keep him off for twelve rounds, pac is an animal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAB is great fighter,true warrior and Champ but i don't think that would be any diffrent result in rematch with Pacman. In my book he is already HOF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    I don't see Paciao putting the hurt on MAB...just can't see that happening.....MAB isn't done yet...1 maybe 2 more top level fights left though....then I could see him regressing drastically...
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Age isn't takiong its toll on MAB, itsthe amount of wars and the same goes for erik, you can see they still have it, but its in spurts rather than for 12 rounds, its still enough to beat most guys though, but not someone as talented, hungry and conditioned as the pacman.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barerra does like pressure. Juarez did such a good job because he made Barerra lead and countered the counter puncher and by doing that Barerra didn't ahve the usual steam in the later rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAB is not as good as he used to be but he is not past it simply he because his second and third gears are good enough to beat most out there but Pacman would beat MAB in a rmatch in my opinion. I expect Marco to perform better but he does not have it in him to go to war with that Pinay monster!! Pac's pressure would be too much to hold off.

Thread Information