Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Opinions on last night

Hopkins - Tarver:

I watched this PPV this morning on tape. I can say that the knockout of Roy Jones in the second fight was a very bad thing for Tarver in this fight. He was looking to land that same perfect punch on Hopkins and didn't follow any type of gameplan for the fight. I'm so glad I ordered the other PPV. Tarver didn't fight at all. Hopkins fought a good fight, but let's be honest, Hopkins hardly threw any combinations and won off of right hand leads. They both looked old as hell and I thought that the fight was boring as hell, there was one point where I was fast forwarding and I would stop when I saw them trading with each other, well folks, I fast forwarded from the middle of the sixth of the end of the eighth. I am just pissed because if Tarver would have listened to McGirt and actually thrown any of his punches with conviction instead of following Hopkins around with that pawing jab maybe the fight would have been closer. I just don't understand what he was trying to do. I was a Tarver fan because I liked that he talked a lot but could back it up, today, I'm not a Tarver fan anymore. Tarver has the tools but he doesn't have the heart to fight. He doesn't want to work, he wants to pitter patter for 12 rounds and hope to get lucky with one punch because he's fucking lazy and his stamina is horrible. Tarver's career should probably be over because this loss was really bad. But then again, he lost to Johnson after the Jones KO and he came back. But my hat's off to Hopkins, he did a great job, and now he can head off into the sunset as a champion.

Cotto - Paulie:

Again, the person I was going for lost. Cotto is a freaking monster @ 140. This fight was a good fight but damn, it was fucking hard to watch the last three rounds. Cotto was brutalizing Paulie. After watching this fight, I must say that Cotto is a good boxer. He jabs hard and he has decent movement. Paulie fought a great fight though and I saw him taking 4 rounds. Paulie's definitely got heart, but heart ain't gonna win you fights. At the end of the day, everyone was right, Paulie just didn't have the power to back Cotto up. I still think something is missing from Cotto though. That same feeling I had about ODLH, Trinindad, Mosley, when they were coming up undefeated, I just don't have about Cotto. I don't know why either, I like Cotto, but he doesn't seem to have the killer instinct. He should have put Paulie away to be honest, but he let Paulie tie him up, I don't know maybe it was the weight loss.

Things that should happen now:

Hopkins - Please retire. We don't need any more boring ass PPVs. Everyone kind of figured it was gonna be boring but gave you the benefit of the doubt because you were retiring. Now take the money and be happy. I don't wanna hear in six months that Winky Wright or Joe Cal is offering 10 Mil to come back. Go out on top.

Tarver - You HAVE to fight Glen Johnson. Your big ass fucking mouth wrote a check that your ass didn't even try to cash. There are no more big fights for you, you won't be able to command 3-5 million dollar paydays anymore. You have one choice and one choice alone because you can't drop to middleweight and you're too small to fight as a heavy. Fight Glen Johnson and beat him, and then hope that you can secure a fight with either Joe Calzaghe or Jeff Lacy @ 175. Please don't move up to heavyweight in the hopes of deceiving the public again with a fight with James Toney. Actually, that might be a better fight. Tarver, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT NOW!!! The days of the easy paychecks you received against Roy Jones are over. You have to throw more than 20 punches a round now.

Paulie - Ummm...dude, it was fun while it lasted right. To be honest, you won't be a force at 140 because you don't have the power to hurt anyone. Since you are only 25 and you fought valiantly against Cotto who shouldn't even be at 140. I'd say go back and take a couple easy fights work on your skill a bit, pad your record a bit after this loss, fight on ESPN a couple times. And then come back in a year or two and bid for a title. Anything can happen, but your lack of power might limit your future potential.

Cotto - The biggest winner from last night. The world is at your feet now. There's no more Brancos, there's no more bums. You're 27-0 with 22 fucking knockouts. You shouldn't be at 140 anymore and division with the most stars now is 147. I don't ever want to hear about you fighting someone I don't know. You should be a star now. Tell your team that you want to fight Hatton, Castillo, Judah, Mayweather, Tony, Gatti, Baldy, Cintron, Collazo, whoever, but you're next fight has to be big. If I were you, I would secure a big fight with Hatton @ 147 at MSG in November. That fight would be huge. If you won, you're a mega star and could actually get a PBF fight. If you lose, you're probably still a star at 147 and could still get big fights. The bad part about this though is that everyone has always wondered if you were the real deal or just hype because of your hand picked selections, I guess now, we will find out.

What did yall think about last night?

BTW, Winky vs Taylor next week, fight of the year. AND IT'S FREE ON HBO!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Opinions on last night

Shut the fuck up, you might not like how hopkins fights but some people do. The fact that you call him boring is disrespectful, I tought the fight was great. Real boxing fans admire B-hops crafty work. You seem like one of those mainstream fans that every time they watch boxing they want to see some type of rocky movie bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    Shut the F*** up, you might not like how hopkins fights but some people do. The fact that you call him boring is disrespectful, I tought the fight was great. Real boxing fans admire B-hops crafty work. You seem like one of those mainstream fans that every time they watch boxing they want to see some type of rocky movie bullshit.
    I agree
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Outspoken I'm with u he needs to shut his fucking mouth about Hopkins, the true boxing fans knew it was going to be a mental chess match and we appreciate how Hops out smarted his opponent, and made the best light heavy look like an amateur. great show B-hop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Hopkins - Tarver:

I watched this PPV this morning on tape. I can say that the knockout of Roy Jones in the second fight was a very bad thing for Tarver in this fight. He was looking to land that same perfect punch on Hopkins and didn't follow any type of gameplan for the fight. I'm so glad I ordered the other PPV. Tarver didn't fight at all. Hopkins fought a good fight, but let's be honest, Hopkins hardly threw any combinations and won off of right hand leads. They both looked old as hell and I thought that the fight was boring as hell, there was one point where I was fast forwarding and I would stop when I saw them trading with each other, well folks, I fast forwarded from the middle of the sixth of the end of the eighth. I am just pissed because if Tarver would have listened to McGirt and actually thrown any of his punches with conviction instead of following Hopkins around with that pawing jab maybe the fight would have been closer. I just don't understand what he was trying to do. I was a Tarver fan because I liked that he talked a lot but could back it up, today, I'm not a Tarver fan anymore. Tarver has the tools but he doesn't have the heart to fight. He doesn't want to work, he wants to pitter patter for 12 rounds and hope to get lucky with one punch because he's F****** lazy and his stamina is horrible. Tarver's career should probably be over because this loss was really bad. But then again, he lost to Johnson after the Jones KO and he came back. But my hat's off to Hopkins, he did a great job, and now he can head off into the sunset as a champion.

Cotto - Paulie:

Again, the person I was going for lost. Cotto is a freaking monster @ 140. This fight was a good fight but damn, it was F****** hard to watch the last three rounds. Cotto was brutalizing Paulie. After watching this fight, I must say that Cotto is a good boxer. He jabs hard and he has decent movement. Paulie fought a great fight though and I saw him taking 4 rounds. Paulie's definitely got heart, but heart ain't gonna win you fights. At the end of the day, everyone was right, Paulie just didn't have the power to back Cotto up. I still think something is missing from Cotto though. That same feeling I had about ODLH, Trinindad, Mosley, when they were coming up undefeated, I just don't have about Cotto. I don't know why either, I like Cotto, but he doesn't seem to have the killer instinct. He should have put Paulie away to be honest, but he let Paulie tie him up, I don't know maybe it was the weight loss.

Things that should happen now:

Hopkins - Please retire. We don't need any more boring a** PPVs. Everyone kind of figured it was gonna be boring but gave you the benefit of the doubt because you were retiring. Now take the money and be happy. I don't wanna hear in six months that Winky Wright or Joe Cal is offering 10 Mil to come back. Go out on top.

Tarver - You HAVE to fight Glen Johnson. Your big a** F****** mouth wrote a check that your a** didn't even try to cash. There are no more big fights for you, you won't be able to command 3-5 million dollar paydays anymore. You have one choice and one choice alone because you can't drop to middleweight and you're too small to fight as a heavy. Fight Glen Johnson and beat him, and then hope that you can secure a fight with either Joe Calzaghe or Jeff Lacy @ 175. Please don't move up to heavyweight in the hopes of deceiving the public again with a fight with James Toney. Actually, that might be a better fight. Tarver, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT NOW!!! The days of the easy paychecks you received against Roy Jones are over. You have to throw more than 20 punches a round now.

Paulie - Ummm...dude, it was fun while it lasted right. To be honest, you won't be a force at 140 because you don't have the power to hurt anyone. Since you are only 25 and you fought valiantly against Cotto who shouldn't even be at 140. I'd say go back and take a couple easy fights work on your skill a bit, pad your record a bit after this loss, fight on ESPN a couple times. And then come back in a year or two and bid for a title. Anything can happen, but your lack of power might limit your future potential.

Cotto - The biggest winner from last night. The world is at your feet now. There's no more Brancos, there's no more bums. You're 27-0 with 22 F****** knockouts. You shouldn't be at 140 anymore and division with the most stars now is 147. I don't ever want to hear about you fighting someone I don't know. You should be a star now. Tell your team that you want to fight Hatton, Castillo, Judah, Mayweather, Tony, Gatti, Baldy, Cintron, Collazo, whoever, but you're next fight has to be big. If I were you, I would secure a big fight with Hatton @ 147 at MSG in November. That fight would be huge. If you won, you're a mega star and could actually get a PBF fight. If you lose, you're probably still a star at 147 and could still get big fights. The bad part about this though is that everyone has always wondered if you were the real deal or just hype because of your hand picked selections, I guess now, we will find out.

What did yall think about last night?

BTW, Winky vs Taylor next week, fight of the year. AND IT'S FREE ON HBO!!!!
    Yeah what a piss poor analysis of Hopkins Tarver,pleas shut the hell up...Boring my ass!!! Sure it wasnt a barn burner but I guess Tarvers swollen face was due to dancing in a circle with Hopkins....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey did anyone notice how I said that it was my fucking OPINION? I am sorry, but you can have a faster chess match, PBF vs Corrales comes to mind, that's a true chess match, this shit was a yawnfest. At one point I fell asleep and when I woke up Hopkins was dancing. I was bored out of my mind. The other PPV's whole card was absolutely great. Hopkins - Trinidad, now that was a chess match, anybody that says that Hopkins-Tarver was a great boxing match is biased or blind as a fucking bat. People are telling me to shut the fuck up because I am stating an opinion. That's fucked up. It's ok if the shit was on free HBO, but there's no fucking way I'm paying $50 to go to sleep. I could do that for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shut the F*** up, you might not like how hopkins fights but some people do. The fact that you call him boring is disrespectful, I tought the fight was great. Real boxing fans admire B-hops crafty work. You seem like one of those mainstream fans that every time they watch boxing they want to see some type of rocky movie bullshit.
    Disrespectful? Why? Hopkins was slow, did not throw combos and was holding more than Ruiz. To you it might be a good watching but to me it is extremely boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zinmex
    Disrespectful? Why? Hopkins was slow, did not throw combos and was holding more than Ruiz. To you it might be a good watching but to me it is extremely boring.
    I know of some backwoods tough man competitions in Tennessee you might enjoy where lunk heads throw haymakers all night. There's no skill to it, but damn they sure do throw crazy punches as hard as they can. Weeee, what fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tuckwopat
    Quote Originally Posted by zinmex
    I know of some backwoods tough man competitions in Tennessee you might enjoy where lunk heads throw haymakers all night. There's no skill to it, but damn they sure do throw crazy punches as hard as they can. Weeee, what fun!
    No one said shit about fucking haymakers. Hopkins didn't throw combos at all. If you're gonna tell me that Hopkins last night was the same Hopkins from the Trinidad fight then you're nuts. In the Trinidad fight, he threw combos and worked his ass off on the inside without holding. Last night, he threw right hand leads and then lunged forward and held to negate Tarver's offense. It's effective but it was boring as hell. You can have an exciting chess match. Last night was not one of them. My favorite fighter is PBF and I'm not someone that thinks Arturo Gatti is a great fighter. I like good, clean, fast paced boxing. If you like posing and feignting for 30 seconds at a time, then I guess last night was your Castillo - Corrales.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When did Hopkins need to throw combos? Hopkins won a very clinical fight where he out boxed anf out fought a man 2 weight divisions above me and for me and I'm sure any one who appreciates boxing he fought a very exciting fight.

I always found people doing nothing but 'trading' boring... you get rare gems like Castillo Corralles but a lot of the time it bores me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Hopkins - Please retire. We don't need any more boring a** PPVs. "

Why did you buy the fight? And if you didn't buy it, why did you waste your time watching it if you think his fights are always boring?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins fought a very smart fight, and i didnt think he was slow at all. He looks as good now as he ever has, but i think he'll prolly call it quits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why did you buy the fight? And if you didn't buy it, why did you waste your time watching it if you think his fights are always boring?
    Obviously you didn't read my post, because I clearly said that I bought the Cotto PPV and that a friend gave me his tape of the Tarver-Hopkins fight this morning. I don't always think Hopkins fights are boring, they have been recently. The second Taylor - Hopkins fight was a decent fight. And I watched it because it was a free boxing match between two great fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006

Obviously you didn't read my post, because I clearly said that I bought the Cotto PPV and that a friend gave me his tape of the Tarver-Hopkins fight this morning. I don't always think Hopkins fights are boring, they have been recently. The second Taylor - Hopkins fight was a decent fight. And I watched it because it was a free boxing match between two great fighters.
    Sorry, I must not have caught the details in that mammoth post, it was just soooo boring. (similar to hopkins fight?)

When I watch a Hopkins fight I feel like the fight is always at the boiling point. I get retardedly mezmerized by the tacticts, even if they're rather slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    I agree
    I don't. Sad click. It doesn't have to look like a Rocky movie but it should at least be clean and legitimate. He holds and cheap shots his way to victory fight in and fight out. It's not only boring but dirty too. That being said, I didn't see last nights fight but there's no way Tarver is supposed to let the supposed smaller man bully him the way I heard he did. I will give Hopkins credit for bullying a bigger guy that allowed himself to be bullied.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Thread Information