Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oscar Lists his excuses for losing to PBF come sept 16th!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Lists his excuses for losing to PBF come sept 16th!!!!!!!!!

cc back

I wouldn't call them excuses yet because DLH has yet to loose, even though at the moment p4p he is probably not better than Floyd, I just can't see him loosing. He's just venting about his injurys

Personally I think he should of just shut his mouth about it, because once the press get hold of it... it can be twisted and missinterpritated... he should of learned from what people said about Joe Calzaghe's hand pre-Lacy and what Joe did.

I agree, there are plenty of fighters with the heart to fight on with these injurys, but sometimes discipline has to kick in. Boxer's a warriors, its often harder for a boxer to admit he is not ready for something or currently cannot do something than it is for them to go and fight with injurys which cause them to get beat.

If Oscar retires and doesn't fight Floyd it will only be because his body has began to shut down to a point where he feels he cannot fight anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    cc back

I wouldn't call them excuses yet because DLH has yet to loose, even though at the moment p4p he is probably not better than Floyd, I just can't see him loosing. He's just venting about his injurys

Personally I think he should of just shut his mouth about it, because once the press get hold of it... it can be twisted and missinterpritated... he should of learned from what people said about Joe Calzaghe's hand pre-Lacy and what Joe did.

I agree, there are plenty of fighters with the heart to fight on with these injurys, but sometimes discipline has to kick in. Boxer's a warriors, its often harder for a boxer to admit he is not ready for something or currently cannot do something than it is for them to go and fight with injurys which cause them to get beat.

If Oscar retires and doesn't fight Floyd it will only be because his body has began to shut down to a point where he feels he cannot fight anymore.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fan of both...I gotta disagree with that statement...if Oscar won't fight Floyd...it's because he's afraid of the 50/50 shot of him losing & not going out with a belt like he said he wanted to.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not sure if I clicked you already today either or if I just clicked you now (24 hour rule thing.. :P) so you're getting the benifit of the doubt and another in 24 hours...

did you post in that survery I posted? that may have been it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    As a fan of both...I gotta disagree with that statement...if Oscar won't fight Floyd...it's because he's afraid of the 50/50 shot of him losing & not going out with a belt like he said he wanted to.
    Well, I dunno about that but I think Oscar has a pretty good chance, we've that if you can box and fight a little you can trouble Floyd at times Judah didn't capitalise on it but I think he exposed a few chinks in teh armour that Oscar will rip open if he finds them in the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

INO, Oscar has what it takes to not only beat PBF but KO/TKO him as long as he is in good health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    I'll be 33 on June 22 and a little over 18 months ago I completely tore my right bicep...COMPLETLY.. no partial tear or any thing....the shat rolled up like a little ball...my shoulders are shot and every morning when I wake up I can't really walk for like 20 min until I've warmed up....other than that I'm fine....but once I warm up I'm ok....it's when I am not doing anything that's when the creaks and cracks come back....I want to fight a few more amateur fights then try at least 1 pro fight but it sucks a** to push past the pain so to speak....damn age!!!!!! damn you age!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That description made my arms hurt. Good luck recovering and hopefully youll be back in the ring
    yeah...I've finally been able to really swat the heavy bag over the past 3 months with no pain at all...and I'm starting to turn it up in sparring...I think about the bicep about 2/3 of the time now instead of all the time....I curled a 50lb weight 8 times the other day with that arm so it's close to full strength...about 85% now....but it's the worry of doing it again that slows me some days....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing takes its toll. As we age our bodies don’t recover as well ,and arthritis sets in to the hand and joints . Lots of fighter in their late 30's 40's ’ and 50’s have horrible problems with their hands and shoulders and backs. Example Pernell Whitaker tried to make a comeback several years ago ,He threw his shoulder out during the fight and it was stopped . that would have never happened back in the early 90’s Its called aging . Those are not excuses. Those are facts. Now if Oscar going to continue to fight he just going to have to suck it up. Fight though it. I can’t remember ever fighting and feeling 100% . Something always hurts. Sore hand, back, something always pops up. Its just with age it become more exaggerated (the pain that is) . I don’t really agree with the topic of this article. Oscar hadn’t lost anything yet. Lets see how things play out first.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know how ODLH feels - when you have spent years using a part of your body intensively and repetitively, it begins to degenerate.

Many of these injuries are chronic and will not heal up, as evidenced by the thousands of retired ex-sportsmen whose bodies are ravaged by injury.

For example, I have recently developed a hole in my arse. This is the result of years of talking repetitively and intensely out of it. I think the constant noise and loudness chronically weakened the sidewall or something. As an international-class arsehole, I sympathise with Oscar on this.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yo dude,don't tell me to settle down,if I want drama,I'll go watch WWE,this is boxing,I want to see the biggest and best fights and if Oscar is not going to give us that,go away,promote,get the fwook out of Tony Margarito's way!!!
    The fights gonna happen....you'll see...
    [/quote]I don't think that De La Hoya has made up his mind about quitting yet and i certainly don't think he's looking for excuses for backing out of fight with Mayweather, besides that, De La Hoya has claimed that a fight with Mayweather may never happen due to Mayweather's father being his trainer, and obviously he would be reluctant to sever ties with Mayweather senior in order to fight Mayweather Jnr. Whether he continues to fight or quit, De La Hoya deserves immense praise for his achievements and IMO he was never looking for an excuse to avoid fighting anyone. De La Hoya is a great fighter and i would like him to continue, as most people would, but IMO it looks as though he was asked a question regarding his injuries and gave honest answers, whether that can be construed as adding drama or not who cares! The fact of the matter is drama is a part of the make-up of boxing, drama puts bums on seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    I know how ODLH feels - when you have spent years using a part of your body intensively and repetitively, it begins to degenerate.

Many of these injuries are chronic and will not heal up, as evidenced by the thousands of retired ex-sportsmen whose bodies are ravaged by injury.

For example, I have recently developed a hole in my a***. This is the result of years of talking repetitively and intensely out of it. I think the constant noise and loudness chronically weakened the sidewall or something. As an international-class arsehole, I sympathise with Oscar on this.

that is classic...cc lol lmao!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree its part marketing and part covering his a**...The human body wasnt created to sustain such punishment over a long period of time, but it all catches up with them just like any athlete has there ailments, We look at him like he is the golden boy most of the boxing public view him as a good looking charismatic well spoken man...that may be all true on the outside but on the inside he has been in the ring with some of the best and has been in some wars and taken his fair share of hits....So his body will see some were in tear.

Is it Fair to say a boxers years in the ring can be measured in DOG years as each year go's by.. and just like any dog, some take to age differently some get old faster and some of them turn the corner for the bad seemingly overnite, depending on the breed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    In an interview conducted by Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, Oscar De La Hoya gave him a few good reasons why retirement might be a good idea. Rafael got Oscar to list the qualities of his wife and the sacrifices he doesn't want to make anymore. Suprisingly, Oscar held nothing back and gave ESPN a run down of his ailments.

Oscar tells ESPN: "I felt more pains in the Mayorga training camp than any other training camp ever."

The details of his problems (As listed by ESPN):

• "I've lived with it with for the last 4-5 years. When I sleep at night, to this day, I wake up and it's uncomfortable. It hurts. It's in pain."

"My hand. I am tired of getting shots on my [left] hand to numb it so I won't feel the pain. I'm tired of it."

It sucks. It really does.

"My back flares up."

"This still hasn't gone down since the Mayorga fight. I'm thinking it's broken. I touch it and it hurts. It's been like this for two months, since the middle of training camp."
    Seems Oscar misses the home life

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be 33 on June 22 and a little over 18 months ago I completely tore my right bicep...COMPLETLY.. no partial tear or any thing....the shat rolled up like a little ball...my shoulders are shot and every morning when I wake up I can't really walk for like 20 min until I've warmed up....other than that I'm fine....but once I warm up I'm ok....it's when I am not doing anything that's when the creaks and cracks come back....I want to fight a few more amateur fights then try at least 1 pro fight but it sucks a** to push past the pain so to speak....damn age!!!!!! damn you age!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't think you could get a pro licence once you have turned 30??
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

Oscar has his excuses, he has alway's had his excuses of the years. Pretty Boy has ailments also, he has alway's had a problem with injuring his hands, and what is the most important body part in boxing (the hands). I am sure he has other injuries as well, all boxers have injuries because it is a brutal sport. Nobody wants to hear his excuses at 33, Mayweather is no spring chicken at 29 he is not that much younger than Oscar, look at Bernard fighting well at 41. Oscar is a genius when it comes to working the media as well as his fans, you guy's seem to believe all the stupid stuff he say's. He will continue to pull these antics.
    Every pro has had the problems Oscar has had except maybe not as bad of hands but IMO Mayweather does. ALso he had his injury from his fight /w castillo injured rotator cuff which is really important in boxing, but like Isaid most of Oscar's injuries every boxer has.

Thread Information