Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Lists his excuses for losing to PBF come sept 16th!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar Lists his excuses for losing to PBF come sept 16th!!!!!!!!!

In an interview conducted by Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, Oscar De La Hoya gave him a few good reasons why retirement might be a good idea. Rafael got Oscar to list his injuries. Suprisingly, Oscar held nothing back and gave ESPN a run down of his ailments.

Oscar tells ESPN: "I felt more pains in the Mayorga training camp than any other training camp ever."

The details of his problems (As listed by ESPN):

• "My left rotator cuff is torn. I've lived with it with for the last 4-5 years. When I sleep at night, to this day, I wake up and it's uncomfortable. It hurts. It's in pain."

• "My hand. I am tired of getting shots on my [left] hand to numb it so I won't feel the pain. I'm tired of it."

• "My elbows. I have arthritis in both elbows. I get shots. It sucks. It really does."

• "My back flares up."

• "This knuckle [on the middle finger of my right hand] still hasn't gone down since the Mayorga fight. I'm thinking it's broken. I touch it and it hurts. It's been like this for two months, since the middle of training camp."

All Quotes: Dan Rafael, ESPN.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Lists his excuses for losing to PBF come sept 16th!!!!!!!!!

The corporate Golden Boy is starting to piss me off and I bet Floyd is starting to get annoyed too after buying out his won contract.If he's making all these excuses,he does not want to fight so say no!!!Prick! I thought he spent time on an island,there was supposed to be a conference etc etc Just hurry up and decide. After listing all those excuses and to take the fight would be poor and would take the gloss of a Floyd win and no doubt if Oscar has those problems Floyd WOULD win so I think Oscar should just call it a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    The corporate Golden Boy is starting to piss me off and I bet Floyd is starting to get annoyed too after buying out his won contract.If he's making all these excuses,he does not want to fight so say no!!!Prick! I thought he spent time on an island,there was supposed to be a conference etc etc Just hurry up and decide. After listing all those excuses and to take the fight would be poor and would take the gloss of a Floyd win and no doubt if Oscar has those problems Floyd WOULD win so I think Oscar should just call it a day.
    easy...easy...settle down....this is the build up to make ODLH the ultimate warrior/fighter....imagine his legacy after he beats PBF and goes out on that high note.....you can't buy this kind of drama....he is laying the ground work to make this fight seem actually closer than it will be....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome to the world of intense exercise and complex Anatomy... unless you have a clue what you are talking about...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Welcome to the world of intense exercise and complex Anatomy... unless you have a clue what you are talking about...

??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    easy...easy...settle down....this is the build up to make ODLH the ultimate warrior/fighter....imagine his legacy after he beats PBF and goes out on that high note.....you can't buy this kind of drama....he is laying the ground work to make this fight seem actually closer than it will be....
    Yo dude,don't tell me to settle down,if I want drama,I'll go watch WWE,this is boxing,I want to see the biggest and best fights and if Oscar is not going to give us that,go away,promote,get the fwook out of Tony Margarito's way!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yo dude,don't tell me to settle down,if I want drama,I'll go watch WWE,this is boxing,I want to see the biggest and best fights and if Oscar is not going to give us that,go away,promote,get the fwook out of Tony Margarito's way!!!
    [/quote]The fights gonna happen....you'll see...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want Oscar to hurry up and make it,I mean does anyone actually find all this procastinating,waiting,cancelling conferences etc exciting

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

??
    Not aimed at you (or any one in particular )

just there are going to be a lot of fight fans who all of a sudden become experts on training, Anatomy and Injurys, ODH should of just been quiet... its this type of thing that got the motor mouth fight fans going over and over about Joe Calzaghe before he fixed their mouths perminently shut.

Its like this guys.. ODH has been training vigerously and frequently all of his life, he's been doing this for longer than some of us have been alive... his body is catching up with him...

Fight fans can nag and demand as much as they want, no matter how far they cry about it or how far the bottle gets thrown out of their pram ODH will not go into a situation where he could suffer permiment damge or god forbid death unless he feels that his body is up to the challenge... not for anybody... not for ignorant fight fans who rant and punch away furiously at keyboards... no body...

If having to wait a few weeks for ODH to make a big decision like this is to much for you then you need to stop being as obsessive and put your energys into something that you acheive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be 33 on June 22 and a little over 18 months ago I completely tore my right bicep...COMPLETLY.. no partial tear or any thing....the shat rolled up like a little ball...my shoulders are shot and every morning when I wake up I can't really walk for like 20 min until I've warmed up....other than that I'm fine....but once I warm up I'm ok....it's when I am not doing anything that's when the creaks and cracks come back....I want to fight a few more amateur fights then try at least 1 pro fight but it sucks a** to push past the pain so to speak....damn age!!!!!! damn you age!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar has his excuses, he has alway's had his excuses of the years. Pretty Boy has ailments also, he has alway's had a problem with injuring his hands, and what is the most important body part in boxing (the hands). I am sure he has other injuries as well, all boxers have injuries because it is a brutal sport. Nobody wants to hear his excuses at 33, Mayweather is no spring chicken at 29 he is not that much younger than Oscar, look at Bernard fighting well at 41. Oscar is a genius when it comes to working the media as well as his fans, you guy's seem to believe all the stupid stuff he say's. He will continue to pull these antics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    In an interview conducted by Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, Oscar De La Hoya gave him a few good reasons why retirement might be a good idea. Rafael got Oscar to list his injuries. Suprisingly, Oscar held nothing back and gave ESPN a run down of his ailments.

Oscar tells ESPN: "I felt more pains in the Mayorga training camp than any other training camp ever."

The details of his problems (As listed by ESPN):

• "My left rotator cuff is torn. I've lived with it with for the last 4-5 years. When I sleep at night, to this day, I wake up and it's uncomfortable. It hurts. It's in pain."

• "My hand. I am tired of getting shots on my [left] hand to numb it so I won't feel the pain. I'm tired of it."

• "My elbows. I have arthritis in both elbows. I get shots. It sucks. It really does."

• "My back flares up."

• "This knuckle [on the middle finger of my right hand] still hasn't gone down since the Mayorga fight. I'm thinking it's broken. I touch it and it hurts. It's been like this for two months, since the middle of training camp."

All Quotes: Dan Rafael, ESPN.com
    for the read. Nice.

I can totally agree with all of the above.

It has nothing to do with him being corporate...Oscar's been boxing for more than a decade...I buy what he's selling.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be 33 on June 22 and a little over 18 months ago I completely tore my right bicep...COMPLETLY.. no partial tear or any thing....the shat rolled up like a little ball...my shoulders are shot and every morning when I wake up I can't really walk for like 20 min until I've warmed up....other than that I'm fine....but once I warm up I'm ok....it's when I am not doing anything that's when the creaks and cracks come back....I want to fight a few more amateur fights then try at least 1 pro fight but it sucks a** to push past the pain so to speak....damn age!!!!!! damn you age!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That description made my arms hurt. Good luck recovering and hopefully youll be back in the ring
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

Oscar has his excuses, he has alway's had his excuses of the years. Pretty Boy has ailments also, he has alway's had a problem with injuring his hands, and what is the most important body part in boxing (the hands).
    The body is only as good as the some of its parts, in boxing it is all or nothing... people age differently... especially depending on there weight and genetics... I don't care if boxer A and boxer B are only 2 years younger or what... everybody is physically different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrandon

Oscar has his excuses, he has alway's had his excuses of the years. Pretty Boy has ailments also, he has alway's had a problem with injuring his hands, and what is the most important body part in boxing (the hands).
    The body is only as good as the some of its parts, in boxing it is all or nothing... people age differently... especially depending on there weight and genetics... I don't care if boxer A and boxer B are only 2 years younger or what... everybody is physically different.
    True statement here is a CC. This is not Chemistry class nor is it Math. The point I am trying to make is that all boxers have ailments, not just De La Hoya but you didn't seem to quote that part. That's OK because only biased fans of the sport listen to excuses, there have been boxers to break their hand's, jaws, eye sockets, etc in the ring and keep fighting with great effort. We don't want to hear crying from a boxer on his injuries they all have them.

Thread Information