Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A great fight that never happend "Bowe vs-Lewis"

How does this one play out , lets say in 1993?

Bowe just beats Holyfield via 12th R Un Dec. in fight of the year !
    Lennox Lewis is coming off a brilliant 2nd R KO of Donovan Ruddock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A great fight that never happend "Bowe vs-Lewis"

This is kind of strange but hers my feelings, I honestly believe prime holyfield beats a prime lewis he could outbox him if he fights smart, i honestly beleive lewsi kos a prime bowe, and I honsetly believe bowe is a harder match for holy styles. Bowe gave holy problems because he could fight well inside against evander and had enough boxing ability outside to take evander away from his game, lewis has a great right hand and is tall i beleive lewis would ko bowe, i just see bowe eating right hands and getting hurt,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis beat Bowe in the olympics in 1988 BUT

I beleive that prime Bowe in '92 would have easily beaten Lewis at his best. If not on the outside then he could have taken it inside and he would have definitely beaten him there. He had all of the tools to do it and he had more of a chin than Lewis but Bowe got fat and lazy and when the time came.......he just quit. One of his trainers was interviewed a while back and he talked about how towards the end Bowe wouldn't take training seriously and how he just ate crap when he was supposed to be in camp.

If a guys heart isn't in it anymore then his heart isn't in it anymore. I know that the Lewis fans love to point out how Bowe surrendered the belt, but if you could have put a fighters heart in Bowe, Lewis' would have had another loss on his record.

Oh well could have, should have, would have.......fact remains that he quit.........though I really don't believe it was out of fear as much as it was laziness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    This is kind of strange but hers my feelings, I honestly believe prime holyfield beats a prime lewis he could outbox him if he fights smart, i honestly beleive lewsi kos a prime bowe, and I honsetly believe bowe is a harder match for holy styles. Bowe gave holy problems because he could fight well inside against evander and had enough boxing ability outside to take evander away from his game, lewis has a great right hand and is tall i beleive lewis would ko bowe, i just see bowe eating right hands and getting hurt,
    I am in 100% in agreement on all counts , I like the Holyfield beating a prime Lewis. also. excellent insight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacdog
    This is kind of strange but hers my feelings, I honestly believe prime holyfield beats a prime lewis he could outbox him if he fights smart, .......
    I definitely agree with this........especially considering the trouble Lewis had with the over-the-hill Holyfield in their second fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mucho testosterone
    Lewis beat Bowe in the olympics in 1988 BUT

I beleive that prime Bowe in '92 would have easily beaten Lewis at his best. If not on the outside then he could have taken it inside and he would have definitely beaten him there. He had all of the tools to do it and he had more of a chin than Lewis but Bowe got fat and lazy and when the time came.......he just quit. One of his trainers was interviewed a while back and he talked about how towards the end Bowe wouldn't take training seriously and how he just ate crap when he was supposed to be in camp.

If a guys heart isn't in it anymore then his heart isn't in it anymore. I know that the Lewis fans love to point out how Bowe surrendered the belt, but if you could have put a fighters heart in Bowe, Lewis' would have had another loss on his record.

Oh well could have, should have, would have.......fact remains that he quit.........though I really don't believe it was out of fear as much as it was laziness.
    Good point about that lazy streak ! and his love for food got the best of him (Bowe that is)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I take Bowe. Watching Lewis over his career I always wondered how he would fair against a fighter of equal or greater skill that he didn't enjoy a height and reach advantage over. Lewis was the epitomy of "fighting tall". I thought Grant might give him a test, man was I wrong. But Vitali showed us that if Lewis doesn't have reach and height advantage and you can force him to mix it up you can be successful. I think Bowe was a more complete fighter than Lewis other than being a lazy heartless sack of shat(I know thats a lot). So if Bowe trains hard and shows up with the right mindset I'd pick him to win with a late KO or UD. On a side note I thought Holy won the 2nd fight with Lennox and so did the AP press and Ring Magazine.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A prime Riddick Bowe had a hell of a lot of potential....that form of Bowe could have beaten Lewis IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never really liked either one of these boxers but if the fight was in 92 or 93 I would have favored Bowe. Bowe was solid at that time and Lewis was still green. It seemed like Lewis got better with age and developed into a monster, but in 93 he was not ready for Riddick Bowe that is why he did not fight him. Prime on Prime I like Lennox Lewis (Prime was later that Bowe even though close in age)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you're on to some thing here!!!!! if Bowe had stayed motivated who knows what he could have done.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    On a side note I thought Holy won the 2nd fight with Lennox and so did the AP press and Ring Magazine.
    As did I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis woulda won no doupt ..bowe was intimidated by Lewis and GAVE his title to lennox because lennox already KOd Bowe in the olympics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    Lewis woulda won no doupt ..bowe was intimidated by Lewis and GAVE his title to lennox because lennox already KOd Bowe in the olympics
    for you sir, at last someone comes out and speaks the truth, there are a lot of whiners on here who never liked lwewis, who never respected lewis and who love to diss Lewis.
    Lennox lewis chased Riddick Bowe all over the planet to get a fight with the guy and Bowe was chicken sh-it scared of lewis because he knew that Lewis was all wrong for him and that Lewis would have smashed his flabby over rated and over hyped ugly dumb face in.
    Bowe was never even half the fighter Lewis was.
    I can never forgive Bowe for giving up his title and ducking Lewis, that was just cowardly in the extreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Whirlwind
    for you sir, at last someone comes out and speaks the truth, there are a lot of whiners on here who never liked lwewis, who never respected lewis and who love to diss Lewis.
    Lennox lewis chased Riddick Bowe all over the planet to get a fight with the guy and Bowe was chicken sh-it scared of lewis because he knew that Lewis was all wrong for him and that Lewis would have smashed his flabby over rated and over hyped ugly dumb face in.
    I can never forgive Bowe for giving up his title and ducking Lewis, that was just cowardly in the extreme.
    Same way I look at Lewis after ducking the VK rematch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Whirlwind
    You guys are 100% correct. Lewsi destroyed Rudduck who at that time was just as dangerous as Bowe. Riddick Bowe knew even back then that Lewis had his number . If it did happen I see a Lewis right hand ending it early

much testosterone - The difference is Lewis beat Klitscko by stoppage so why would he avoid a rematch with a guy that he can easily beat on his worst day

Thread Information