Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was the performance of B-Hop against Tarver enough to win over Roy?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was the performance of B-Hop against Tarver enough to win over Roy?

I just thought that was an awesome performance by B-Hop. I mean if he fought like that against JT he would have won both fight hands down. Now my question is "If B-Hop can perform like that against Roy, would it be enough to bother, get inside Roy's mind and eventually win over RJJ?"

Your thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Was the performance of B-Hop against Tarver enough to win over Roy?

Roy wouldn't fight BHop again, he's pretty much washed up.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YES

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mintymen
    I just thought that was an awesome performance by B-Hop. I mean if he fought like that against JT he would have won both fight hands down. Now my question is "If B-Hop can perform like that against Roy, would it be enough to bother, get inside Roy's mind and eventually win over RJJ?"

Your thoughts
    I dont actually think Hopkins fought any differently to his fights with Taylor. He was fighting a world champ punching bag in Tarver. Tarver was just really really terrible.

I can't think of many top class fighters who wouldn't have beaten him that night.

If Hopkins fought Taylor again it would be the same story as the previous two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Your thoughts
    I dont actually think Hopkins fought any differently to his fights with Taylor. He was fighting a world champ punching bag in Tarver. Tarver was just really really terrible.

I can't think of many top class fighters who wouldn't have beaten him that night.

If Hopkins fought Taylor again it would be the same story as the previous two.
    Taylor has potential on those two fights, he's good and I'd be supporting him from now on, now that B-Hop is gone. I just think that he stepped on the gas too late on the Taylor fight(both times). If he had started to the way he did against Tarver he would have won but shame, he didn't. Well a great farewell for a great champion. It would have been greater if he was the reigning P4P #1 and undisputed Middleweight Champ though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

listen bhop is great..but lest not forget tarver was obviously hindered by the weight loss..and i seriously doubt the fight would have been so one sided had tarver not gone up to to film the movie...but to be roy no...hop would still get hit coming in trying to lunge and grab...roy by SD this time instead of UD
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather
    listen bhop is great..but lest not forget tarver was obviously hindered by the weight loss..and i seriously doubt the fight would have been so one sided had tarver not gone up to to film the movie...but to be roy no...hop would still get hit coming in trying to lunge and grab...roy by SD this time instead of UD
    That's what I am thinking about that's why I started this post. The lunge and hold for B-hop, can he catch Roy like that, given that Roy stays so low. But now, we may never know. This match has been boiling for ages shame that it didn't happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey and you know what, I think he was trying to pull a Roy Jones stunt when they first met. When Roy cam from HW to go back down to LHW. Just a thougt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey and you know what, I think he was trying to pull a Roy Jones stunt when they first met. When Roy cam from HW to go back down to LHW. Just a thougt.
    Well if that was his secret agenda, then he felled miserably, because roy not only won the HW belt, he came back down and beat tarver for the LHW belt...tarver did it for a sucky movie and then got his ass whooped...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoa i know your a fan and all but roys chins is GONE. He was afraid to engage Johnson and Tarver and you think he would come in on hop. Lets be real. If you said this a few years ago i would agree but i feel like any one of those right hands that hop landed on tarver would ko jones. Did you see the punch that johnson hit him with? It was weak and it knocked him out cold. What about that right tarver hit him with? That was weak too and he was on queer street. At this point anyone who is not afraid to come in on roy will beat him. I wouldn't be surprised if that prince guy kos him. I love roy but he is done. I wish he would retire before he gets hurt.

That's what I am thinking about that's why I started this post. The lunge and hold for B-hop, can he catch Roy like that, given that Roy stays so low. But now, we may never know. This match has been boiling for ages shame that it didn't happen.
    Are you 2 serious? If johnson can catch him why couldn't hop. You forget hops got a good chin,great defense and revenge on his mind. He would come after roy hard and be willing to take a few to get in knowing roy won't commit on any hard punches out of fear of being koed.Like i said i love roy but its over.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMANICK
    Whoa i know your a fan and all but roys chins is GONE. He was afraid to engage Johnson and Tarver and you think he would come in on hop. Lets be real. If you said this a few years ago i would agree but i feel like any one of those right hands that hop landed on tarver would ko jones. Did you see the punch that johnson hit him with? It was weak and it knocked him out cold. What about that right tarver hit him with? That was weak too and he was on queer street. At this point anyone who is not afraid to come in on roy will beat him. I wouldn't be surprised if that prince guy kos him. I love roy but he is done. I wish he would retire before he gets hurt.

Are you 2 serious? If johnson can catch him why couldn't hop. You forget hops got a good chin,great defense and revenge on his mind. He would come after roy hard and be willing to take a few to get in knowing roy won't commit on any hard punches out of fear of being koed.Like i said i love roy but its over.
    MRMANICK

Here's the problem I got...Hopkins defeated Tarver & beat him at his game more convincingly than anyone ever has...& people are going to use the weight excuse to detract from it?

Shameful.

Then again...that's why I think that Jones performed so poorly...but if anyone here thinks that Hopkins wouldn't have still won regardless...I gotta laugh.

Hopkins was back to his old game & that's what defeated Tarver...he fought a different fight than the one against Taylor...to say he didn't is ludicrous.

He was the agressor & he threw caution to the wind & he took the fight to Tarver.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think all of you are seriously overrating something

What you all need to realise was that it wasn't a different Hopkins from the one that fought Taylor, it was just a different OPPONENT!!! Hopkins didn't change, the opponent did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

What you all need to realise was that it wasn't a different Hopkins from the one that fought Taylor, it was just a different OPPONENT!!! Hopkins didn't change, the opponent did
    You have to realize that when a fighter wins in impressive fashion many believe that he did something fantastic...i think the performance was heighten by tarver's weight loss...not hop would have lost, but it would have been closer.. and yeah hop looked the same as he always does, his performance against tito was way more impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

MRMANICK

Here's the problem I got...Hopkins defeated Tarver & beat him at his game more convincingly than anyone ever has...& people are going to use the weight excuse to detract from it?

Shameful.

Then again...that's why I think that Jones performed so poorly...but if anyone here thinks that Hopkins wouldn't have still won regardless...I gotta laugh.

Hopkins was back to his old game & that's what defeated Tarver...he fought a different fight than the one against Taylor...to say he didn't is ludicrous.

He was the agressor & he threw caution to the wind & he took the fight to Tarver.
    you do know that eric harding kicked tarver's ass 116-111, breaking his jaw in the process...and it might be wishful thinking that roy would beat hop now, but i haven't seen any real drastic changes in hop's game since the first time they fought...hop might win but it would be due to Roy being over the hill not hop's progression....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr

You have to realize that when a fighter wins in impressive fashion many believe that he did something fantastic...i think the performance was heighten by tarver's weight loss...not hop would have lost, but it would have been closer.. and yeah hop looked the same as he always does, his performance against tito was way more impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

MRMANICK

Shameful.

you do know that eric harding kicked tarver's a** 116-111, breaking his jaw in the process...and it might be wishful thinking that roy would beat hop now, but i haven't seen any real drastic changes in hop's game since the first time they fought...hop might win but it would be due to Roy being over the hill not hop's progression....
    You do know that antonio tarver kicked roy jones a**, knocking him out cold in 2 rounds.........he may not have made any drastic changes but he did make changes and got better but roy has been fighting the same way since 94 and that why he got knocked out. Weight ain't have nothing to do with it. He walked right into a left hand. Losing weight doesn't make you constantly move to your right against a southpaw. Hes been doing the wrong things for years and he finally paid for it.......roy might have beat him pre-tarver but he would definitely lose now.

I got a question for you. Why did roy move up 2 175? Was it the challenge? Please tell what fighter was at 175 that was supposed to test jones?Like i said i like jones but he only moved up cause he knew there wasn't anyone there for him. Damn i mean he wouldn't even fight the real champ but instead fights the guy that the champ already beat(virgil hill). Roy has been smoke and mirrors since 1995 and as soon as he met someone who wasn't mesmerized by his "legend" he got beat.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eugepang
    Roy wouldn't fight BHop again, he's pretty much washed up.
    The only way RJJ fights B-HOP is if the money was obscene!!!!! RJJ is past prime by far and B-HOP is Still at the top(sliding down now but still towards the top) it wouldn't be a very good fight....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information