Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roy JOnes Jr ego syndrome complex

Jones Tarver 3 was the first time I've ever noticed Jones actually fight with his ego in front of him. I mean, in his previous fights you'd see his ego pop out every so often to gloat (like the chicken scratching), but for the most part he never fought with it. It may have energized him and propelled him whatever, but he kept it in it's place... before and after. It was shining through that night though, so much that he couldn't make up his mind what he wanted to do. Outside of not throwing, he schoooled Tarver when he decided to in the first two fights. I don't think Hopkins is so intelligently superior to Jones that the outcomes should have been so different between those two fights. Hopkins seems to be able to keep his ego in mind, in check and fight appropriately even after two losses to Taylor (who is going to get schooled by Winky by the way), Jones has been clouded by it. I just wanted Jones to at least wipe that stupid smirk off his face mid fight. It was such a ridiculous smirk, but appropriate that it looked more like a defeated smirk after rounds and rounds of do nothing. It's like he's back to square one. I think the worst of boxers( with exceptions of course) fight with their egos in front of them. I guess getting ktfo vibrates it back into the forefront of the self and so we have a devolved Roy Jones who ain't never coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy JOnes Jr ego syndrome complex

Actually when jones would showboat in the past it he was looking for something, mabey a bit of frustration, watch toney jones pre jones flash knockdown were toney mimicks him and gets caught, fight was not the same after that,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy JOnes Jr ego syndrome complex

roy was not out to win the tarver 3 fight but prove that he could finish a fight without being ko'ed...he looked to be in the best shape he's been in in a while, but mentally he was destroyed with the two knockouts...the first to tarver was maybe a shock to him..the one against is when the doubt tookover..he figured he'd take the easy fight with glen johnson and coast to a easy title..but allas he found out that tarver's punch did more damage than he origianally believed, i.e. johnson knocking him out with a long right hand that had johnson threw 4 years ealier would have probably been the end for himself..instead roy didn't have the legs anymore or the reflexes so he got caught, then the crappy third fight with tarver..and now who knows what to expect in july hopefully for the second greatest fighter of alltime he will win and go away with his 50th victory
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Thread Information