Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Buster Douglas that Beat Tyson v The Bowe that Beat Holyfiled I

I know Douglas was a chump, but on this one night he was awesome. How do you think he would've done against Ridddick Bowe on his very best night?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Buster Douglas that Beat Tyson v The Bowe that Beat Holyfiled I

im gonna be a pig and say that though douglas did a great job against tyson, tyson sucked because he was being a lazy git and substituted training for shagging...

Bowe stops him in 8

douglas had his one moment IMO...a focussed tyson beats down douglas in 2...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Douglas wouldn't be able to outbox Bowe, he's taller, bigger, has a totally different style to Tyson and basically it would be a totally different fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

was it that douglas was so good or was it that tyson was so Bad that night
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

both imo

DOuglas's best night and Tyson's worst

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    both imo

Yeh agreed - and Tyson still nearly got the KO

I think Bowe would've took Douglas to pieces
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fair enough so we all agree that a 20yr old tyson would have pounded him into dust
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you see Tyson/McBride?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid

Did you see Tyson/McBride?
    Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    I know Douglas was a chump, but on this one night he was awesome. How do you think he would've done against Ridddick Bowe on his very best night?
    IMO, the Riddick Bowe performance, which won the first Holyfield fight, was the best by a Heavyweight ever.

The only performance, that comes close to matching that, would be the Lennox Lewis performance which beat Tua.

But that is only theoretical, as psychologically, there is now way, IMO, Lewis would of lost a fight with Bowe, even if it happened in November 1992.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    IMO, the Riddick Bowe performance, which won the first Holyfield fight, was the best by a Heavyweight ever.

The only performance, that comes close to matching that, would be the Lennox Lewis performance which beat Tua.

But that is only theoretical, as psychologically, there is now way, IMO, Lewis would of lost a fight with Bowe, even if it happened in November 1992.
    Good point about Bowe's first Holyfield fight being his best performance. However, I think the Lennox that KO'd Rahman in the rematch was better than the UD over Tua, because Lennox is one of the few fighters who actually fights better when he's angry. He and Bowe hated each other and I think he would have blasted Bowe out in less than 8 rounds. As for Douglas vs Bowe, I do think Riddick would have won, but I'll go out on a limb and say Douglas survives the entire fight. True he got dropped by a Tyson who was at his worst, but IMO Tyson at his worse still hits harder than Bowe at his best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am one of the few that actually got to see Buster train for that fight...I am telling you the man was possessed......he lost over 100lbs in like 4 months and once his mother passed it was over......He dedicated that fight to his mother and no one short of God himself was stopping him that night....sorry....Bowe might be a better fighter but he never had the heart to stand in with someone that obsessed.....I think Buster would win ...by late KO....I know I'm giving a biased opinion ...but I ACTUALLY watched the transformation....I have other stories about the Douglas camp but I'll stick with this for now....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Douglas and Bowe have alot in common. Wasted talent. Buster was always a talented fighter, but didn't have the mental fortitude to truly dedicate himself to it. And Riddick never saw a piece of cake he could pass up. I'd take Bowe in a UD 8 rounds to 4 with Bowe putting Buster down 1-2 times late.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A much better fight than most people think,bowe great but lazy jabber would be fighting someone with the same reach as him and douglas had the better foot work and active jab....however Bowe very smooth inside fighter eventually catched douglas late in the fight with an uppercut similar to Tysons and finishes him.

Thread Information