Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fighters today who could beat floyd................

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default fighters today who could beat floyd................

i really dont think there are any but i am curious to see how you guys feel about him

imo..............i think we are seeing a legend in the making
    ive been wrong before though (michael grant comes to mind)

but i think floyd is a once in a generation phenomonon as a fighter

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: fighters today who could beat floyd................

Michael Grant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure...but no one in his legit weights worries me.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    i really dont think there are any but i am curious to see how you guys feel about him

imo..............i think we are seeing a legend in the making
    ive been wrong before though (michael grant comes to mind)

but i think floyd is a once in a generation phenomonon as a fighter
    ODH has a very good chance imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Michael Grant?
    yeah...........it was a while back
    he was a rapidly rising prospect in the hw division, he was like 6'6"or 6'7" had skills and a massive wallop to his punches
    he fought lennox lewis when he was pretty green and lennox exposed an extremely weak chin
    like REAL weak
    im pretty sure that was his name, i havent heard about him in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cory Spinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Cory Spinks
    seriously?

elaborate..........i know he is an incredibly slick boxer but i thought judah kinda exposed the weaknesses in his game towards the end of their 1st fight and all of the second

but you seem to know youre talking about on other posts i have read from you.
    so.............indulge me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who COULD Could being the key word !

Oscar De La Hoya
    Ricky Hatton
    Antonio Margarito
    Kermit Cintron
    Juan Lazcano
    Miguel Angel Cotto
    Jose Luis Castillo
    Shane Mosley
    Roman Karmazin

now who has the better chances? I think
    Roman Karmazin because he is big awkward as hell and very energetic / Russian Tough
    Oscar De La Hoya because well he is De La Hoya !
    Jose Luis Castillo because he already did, anyway thats how i saw it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton I feel is the only fighter right now that 'could' however I'd put my money on Floyd in that fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cory Spinks
    seriously?

elaborate..........i know he is an incredibly slick boxer but i thought judah kinda exposed the weaknesses in his game towards the end of their 1st fight and all of the second

Cory Spinks is a southpaw and he has the best jab of anyone Floyd has ever faced and he can fight inside and outside and lays traps for fighters like Floyd. Notice in the Judah fight what Judah did that was effective, he made Floyd lead and he countered him instead of leading which is what Floyd wanted, when he leaded was when Floyd could break him down and lead later. Spinks would make Floyd lead and stop him in the lead, also, Spinks would be the slickest guy that Floyd has ever fought as well. So we could be looking at a fight with a bunch of hitting and missing, but Spinks also has size with his reach and ability, so I think Spinks would stand a very good chance of beating Floyd Mayweather and Spinks doesn't lose his composure when he is pressed and doesn't get hit a lot. Best thing about Spinks is he has more then reflexes he has timing, once he gets a fighter timed he beats them. But the only times Judah caught him with the knockdown and the hurt instance was during a round Spinks was winning. I don't think mayweather has that kind of power to make him pay for it. with Spinks you have to hurt him bad with one shot, because if you don't he's not there for the followup. I think Spinks would win via decision if they ever fought

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cory Spinks
    seriously?

Cory Spinks is a southpaw and he has the best jab of anyone Floyd has ever faced and he can fight inside and outside and lays traps for fighters like Floyd. Notice in the Judah fight what Judah did that was effective, he made Floyd lead and he countered him instead of leading which is what Floyd wanted, when he leaded was when Floyd could break him down and lead later. Spinks would make Floyd lead and stop him in the lead, also, Spinks would be the slickest guy that Floyd has ever fought as well. So we could be looking at a fight with a bunch of hitting and missing, but Spinks also has size with his reach and ability, so I think Spinks would stand a very good chance of beating Floyd Mayweather and Spinks doesn't lose his composure when he is pressed and doesn't get hit a lot. Best thing about Spinks is he has more then reflexes he has timing, once he gets a fighter timed he beats them. But the only times Judah caught him with the knockdown and the hurt instance was during a round Spinks was winning. I don't think mayweather has that kind of power to make him pay for it. with Spinks you have to hurt him bad with one shot, because if you don't he's not there for the followup. I think Spinks would win via decision if they ever fought
    Well done Starr, just when I think your predictions can't get any more absurd you come up with another classic.

No way Cory beats Floyd, he's got no power and Floyd is by far the better boxer.

I reckon Joel Julio will be the one to end him :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Cory Spinks
    seriously?

Well done Starr, just when I think your predictions can't get any more absurd you come up with another classic.

No way Cory beats Floyd, he's got no power and Floyd is by far the better boxer.

I reckon Joel Julio will be the one to end him :P
    You know power isn't everything but apparently you think it is since you think Joel Julio would beat Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd could literally get out of bed after 8 hours of sleep and have the opening bell rung within 4 minutes, and still win a ridiculous UD over Sorry Spinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Starr ]
    [quote=bilbo ]
    Cory Spinks
    seriously?

very articulated and well thought out
    you make a strong case for cory spinks even though i couldnt possibly disagree with you more.
    floyds power is vastly underrated and spinks doesnt have the boxing skills that floyd does

but good post nonetheless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well let me ask you. Do you think Floyd has the power to seriously hurt Spinks with one shot? or would he need to accumulate?

Thread Information