Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor haters... stop hating

He has proven himself... He held his against Bernard Hopkins who was then p4p king of the world. THen he has a draw with second ranked p4p WInky Wright. Every single one of his last three fights could have gone either way, and he isn't just some chump... I would back him against Calzaghe, Sturm, Abraham, Mundine in a second. He is fast, powerful, and skilled at fighting the way he does.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor haters... stop hating

you also have to look at who hes faced for someone with only 26 fights hes faced 2 top p4p fighters and not lost...

wish we had more around like this guy thats for sure.

ok i can understand hopkins and wright fans thinking there guys won but come on give the guy some credit

to have close fights with Hopkins one of the greatest fighters of this time and Wright another class act regardless of what you think... Taylor is a future king and p4p great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I'm not sure if he's won any of the fights against Hopkins or WRight, but he has made the close enough I could see any one of them going anywhere from a decision either way to being a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, Taylor has potential....fast, power, young and strong.
    I can see him ruling the middleweight division, he beat Hopkins in the rematch and will probably beat Winky if they have a rematch.
    Hopefully Winky dosen't act like a biatch and be man enough to settle the score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Yeah I'm not sure if he's won any of the fights against Hopkins or WRight, but he has made the close enough I could see any one of them going anywhere from a decision either way to being a draw.
    To question a fighter is not to hate on him...to say that your'e not sure he won the fights against Hopkins or Wright & then to say don't hate...interesting...basically that's what the majority of us are doing...questioning...not hating.

Taylor goes through 3 questionable fights...I'm gonna continue to question...that doesn't equal hate.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    To question a fighter is not to hate on him...to say that your'e not sure he won the fights against Hopkins or Wright & then to say don't hate...interesting...basically that's what the majority of us are doing...questioning...not hating.

Taylor goes through 3 questionable fights...I'm gonna continue to question...that doesn't equal hate.
    I agree! Wright's character, when he stormed out of the ring after the decision was announced, is a questionable fact. He show's poor sportmanship--the victim's syndrome.

I am not a big fan of neither fighter at this point, but to award Winky (with WBO, WBC, WBA) for his performance would surely be questionable, given the fact Taylor fought valiantly.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To question a fighter is not to hate on him
    it's all down to what you are questioning...

if you are questioning if he is a good fighter then there has to be some form of hate

if you are just questioning the close decisions then no hate

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC

i like JT but he hasn't proven him self just yet imo, (i give wright that win just) but after watching that fight i feel JT could of and should of beaten him, BUT he is still green and still has alot to learn, i think we seen a much better JT last night than the one we seen in the hopkins fight.

But i still think JT gets lapses in concentration, he was and always would be much more effective with sum1 like winky, going forward bashing him, 'coz wright didnt seem to hurt winky with his hands in the slightest in that fight. As it stands i don't think Jt cud beat a calzaghe just yet, he wud need to fight every second of every round, moving, punching, not sitting back on no ropes, He carrys his hand way to low, that didn't cost him with winky 'coz winky looked to have no power toh urt him, he comes in with another fast handed, heavy hitting fighter (calzaghe) he would get hurt.

But JT should only take the postives from that fight and let the negetives (carrying his hand to low, going back to the ropes when he shouldn't) leave them to his team to work on. The boy done well and i do look forward to seeing him in the ring again, he has a good future ahead of him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never hated Taylor but until this fight I was under the impression that he couldn't fight on the inside. He's still not very good at it but he's improved greatly since Emanuel Steward started coaching him. He didn't grab or hold much at all even when Wright was throwing combinations against him on the ropes.

Anyway, I've definitely changed my mind about Taylor. He's still basically an outside boxer but he's filled in a few gaps in his style now. He went to the body a few times against Wright and also tried some uppercuts. Wright's defence is so good that they didn't have much effect, but against a less skilled opponent Taylor's uppercuts and body punches might have done some real damage. I'm really happy to see Taylor's improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who / where are there signs of taylor hating?

He's won his recent three fights in controversial fashion. Whether they were actual wins is what is controversial.

The fact that he made them very close fights against very good fighters in hopkins and wright says very good things about taylor.

Questioning the decisions of these three fights is not to question the fact that taylor did well. Who else does so well against these two fighters?

If he can do well enough that he achieves a near draw in each fight, then he deserves high praise. To question the validity of the decisions does nothing to change that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NuthaPug
    Who / where are there signs of taylor hating?

He's won his recent three fights in controversial fashion. Whether they were actual wins is what is controversial.

The fact that he made them very close fights against very good fighters in hopkins and wright says very good things about taylor.

Questioning the decisions of these three fights is not to question the fact that taylor did well. Who else does so well against these two fighters?

If he can do well enough that he achieves a near draw in each fight, then he deserves high praise. To question the validity of the decisions does nothing to change that.
    You must be a stupid fuck or pherhaps blind... there are tonz post of people saying Winky won and that Taylor did nothing and etc... the fact being they are just nut huggers i mean i wanted Winky to win but I KNOW WHEN ITS A FUCKING DRAW or my fighter lost!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you don't beat b-hop the great twice, on the part-corrupt cards, and draw with winky once, and merit anything but respect. but nonetheless he's gotta definitely beat some superstar before we start thinking of him as one. and by the way, that baby crying on the mobile phone was some tasteless crappp. but of course we can't judge em on being tasteless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    You must be a stupid F*** or pherhaps blind... there are tonz post of people saying Winky won and that Taylor did nothing and etc... the fact being they are just nut huggers i mean i wanted Winky to win but I KNOW WHEN ITS A F****** DRAW or my fighter lost!
    I am neither. The decision was controversial. From what i read, Taylor landed most of his shots on Winky's gloves. Sounds to me like those who thought Winky won have good reasons for thinking so. Doesn't make them Taylor haters. Even to say that Taylor did nothing doesn't make them haters. Maybe they are wrong. They might be disappointed Taylor lovers for all you know.

you must be extra special to always be right like this and never on the wrong side of an opinion. Good for you. Must be frustrating to have to deal with the rest of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has proven himself... He held his against Bernard Hopkins who was then p4p king of the world. THen he has a draw with second ranked p4p WInky Wright. Every single one of his last three fights could have gone either way, and he isn't just some chump... I would back him against Calzaghe, Sturm, Abraham, Mundine in a second. He is fast, powerful, and skilled at fighting the way he does.

Are you serious??

Haters?

I like taylor, but winky was robbed badly..

He outlanded Taylor, and he pressured him ALL NIGHT...

Winky owned the ring taylor did nothing but hit gloves....these kind of decisions give boxing a bad name...

Arvid_85 Guest

Harry Simon and Fernando Vargas beat Wright. They both did alot more than Taylor did last night to win a fight. And how green is Taylor? I mean, he will be 30 in two years, and i bet he will not improve that much to be a king in the division. he has made his last 3 fight close, but winning two and have a draw, against one that is 40 and one 34, it makes you wonder how he will react fighting some younger ones in the top. in his last six fight, he has just faced one under 30. I don´t want to say that age is a factor to make the fights close, but Marquez and Joppy was over-the-hill. I like hopkins and wright, but they both seem to get used to win fights clearly, so they don´t fight all-out assault to win a fight. Taylor has gotten lucky three times in a row. plus for him making the fights close, but to make him win them doesn´t give him that experience of losing a bout against a top middleweight. he will just belive hitting gloves or air will win him rounds. but when a new star goes in there and Taylor do the same thing, he will lose big. both winky and hopkins has learned throu defeats how to win the smart ways, but now against this Taylor they haven´t got the win. That has made it look like they didn´t do enough and so on. They both has struggled to get where they are, and Taylor is a guy with a bronze medal that didn´t beat the champ like some other olympians have done. And I also belive Taylor is used up, because he was on a downhill all night against a feather-fisted, smaller guy. that makes you wonder how he will handle the bigger punchers.

Thread Information