Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default how would dlh fair against JT?

i wonder if oscar saw something in taylor that has him believing he can beat him and grab the middleweight belt--similar to SRL-hagler yrs ago........everyone would assume dlh would get creamed and then he sneaks in the back door and takes the belt............its not so far fetched--shit osacr did better vs hop than tarver did and dlh hit hop with more clean shots in 8 rds than taylor did in 24..............jt is the champ yet he hasnt won any of his last 3 fights...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: how would dlh fair against JT?

I really like Oscar, but I think he is better off sticking to fighting at 147 and 154. Taylor IMO, would be a step too far, even for the Great de la Hoya.

But I see where you are comming from Lawhoops, and I am sure I would say the same thing when Ray Leonard was talking up a Hagler fight in 86/87...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it may very well be too much for dlh--its just that jermain doesnt really have that WOW factor that champs should have---i mean he got lucky 2x vs a guy that was over 40 and lucky against a guy who he had a notable size advantage against as well as age for that matter......i mean could dlh stay in the fight and get a questionable dec over JT is the question i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor would KO him around 6/7 similar to Bhop, the guy is way to big for Dela Hoya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LawHoops
    it may very well be too much for dlh--its just that jermain doesnt really have that WOW factor that champs should have---i mean he got lucky 2x vs a guy that was over 40 and lucky against a guy who he had a notable size advantage against as well as age for that matter......i mean could dlh stay in the fight and get a questionable dec over JT is the question i think
    I really don't see how Taylor had a notable size advantage over Winky, other than he's 2 and a half inches taller. They had the same reach and it's not like Winky moved up from super lightweight. His entire career was spent just 6 lbs below Taylor's natural weight class. Winky has shown he can stand in and fight with guys at 160. JT would win without controversy over DLH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    I really don't see how Taylor had a notable size advantage over Winky, other than he's 2 and a half inches taller. They had the same reach and it's not like Winky moved up from super lightweight. His entire career was spent just 6 lbs below Taylor's natural weight class. Winky has shown he can stand in and fight with guys at 160. JT would win without controversy over DLH.
    Taylor is a bigger man, on fight night he weighed around 7/8 lbs more, so how can you say hes not the bigger man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson3000
    Taylor is a bigger man, on fight night he weighed around 7/8 lbs more, so how can you say hes not the bigger man
    I'm saying they're both basically middleweights, it's not like one of them is a middleweight and the other is a blown up super lightweight. Naturally on fight night both guys won't weigh the exact same, but I'd hardly call Taylor being the bigger man a 'notable advantage.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT would knock out ODH within the first 7 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor's a big middleweight, and DLH was far from convincing in his only two contests at 160.

Needlesstosay I'd favour the Arkansas man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor hits to hard and would have an extreme size difference DLH would come in looking Pudgy like he did against Hop and Strum...Wouldnt even be competitve..Taylor KO by7 of Floyd sr throws in the towl

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I, for one, would like to see DLH in the ring with JT.

(heh, heh)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wonder if oscar saw something in taylor that has him believing he can beat him and grab the middleweight belt--similar to SRL-hagler yrs ago........everyone would assume dlh would get creamed and then he sneaks in the back door and takes the belt............its not so far fetched--S*** osacr did better vs hop than tarver did and dlh hit hop with more clean shots in 8 rds than taylor did in 24..............jt is the champ yet he hasnt won any of his last 3 fights...
    Who knows....Taylor is alot bigger than ODLH remember Sturm gave ODLH all he could handle.....I think his size is too much...and Taylor lasted 24 rds with B-HOP.....ODLH couldn't go 9.....I love ODLH but I think Taylor is just to big....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor would beat Delahoya badly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iT WOULDN'T MATTER ANYWAYS BECAUSE THEY WOULD ALREADY HAVE THE FIGHT PLANNED OUT TO BE GIVEN TO TAYLOR BEFORE IT STARTED JUST INCASE HE HAD AN OFF NIGHT LIKE HIS LAST THREE FIGHTS

Thread Information