Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **New governing bodys**

I read like a week ago that they created a few new semi chmpionship belts....

Hey, heres an idea... Why dont we make boxing like preschool and give everyone a belt so they can all be winners... And maybe when they get knocked out the other guy gets a gold star.... Oh and @ the gym when they get tired they can have snack and nap time... That would be great!!!

Give me a friggin break!!!!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **New governing bodys**

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"

Hey, heres an idea... Why dont we make boxing like preschool and give everyone a belt so they can all be winners... And maybe when they get knocked out the other guy gets a gold star.... Oh and @ the gym when they get tired they can have snack and nap time... That would be great!!!

all these title are killing the credibility of boxing "CHAMPIONS" if everyone is than no one is.....I typically look at the big 2 WBA and WBC for my Champs the rest are just pretenders for the most parts ...there are some exceptions...Calzaghe being one of them....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im just gonna find and beat the crap out of Joey Upincomer and take his USBCXASQY belt and hand it to some kid in the crowd
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I grew up in a boxing family. When I was a child my uncles and cousins, even some aunts, gathered around to watch the fights. There was very little mention of other sports even football (American) in my life. In 9th grade I was a laughing stock because I had no clue how to play football. I in turn was shocked at how few people watched boxing...

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is this...long time fans of the sport know it's history and even though they can sort through the mess and see who the "champion" truly is, it hurts to see what it's become.

The newcomers who have nothing to compare it to are loving every stinkin' second of boxing's death throes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've got to be kidding me.

Giving out belts as if they were candy would DEFINITELY destroy the whole damn sport. What do they think motivates these fighters? Sure, a good boxer should be motivated by his own honor and pride, but let's not pretend like that belt isn't the most coveted thing in professional boxing.

If you give a belt to everyone, then you'll be doing them a misdeed by giving them something that is going to take away from their drive to better themselves. Don't make them at all content. Tell me this is a joke!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really I think Ring Magazine should have THE belt and give them to the Real champions they determine , Call it the Linear Title . and that’s the belt that matters. no more sanctioning fees and political B.S. everyone else can ditch that other meaningless crap. It damn near impossible the way it is now to unify a title, because if your champion of one sanctioning body the other knocks you off the top 10 list, or they price you out with ridicules sanctioning fees. its absolute B.S. , then you got promoters paying the president of organizations money to rank there fighters over legitimate talent . Its criminal. Let get a federal Commission and stop the insanity !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym

Really I think Ring Magazine should have THE belt and give them to the Real champions they determine , Call it the Linear Title . and that’s the belt that matters. no more sanctioning fees and political B.S. everyone else can ditch that other meaningless crap. It damn near impossible the way it is now to unify a title, because if your champion of one sanctioning body the other knocks you off the top 10 list, or they price you out with ridicules sanctioning fees. its absolute B.S. , then you got promoters paying the president of organizations money to rank there fighters over legitimate talent . Its criminal. Let get a federal Commission and stop the insanity !
    Things are heading that way. Notice how all the top fighters don't even keep their belts anymore. The belts are only for up and comers, after they get famous, they don't need to keep them. Antonio Tarver had no belts but he was still the "universally recognized light heavyweight championship" of the world.

Thread Information