Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default **Next step for Manfredo Jr**

Whats the next step for Manfredo Jr... He was supposed to have a fight in July but its a little late announce one and find a challenger thats game this late in the game... I want him to step up his opposition... He has been out training with roach for like 4 months now...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: **Next step for Manfredo Jr**

Quote Originally Posted by "PRIDE OF PROVIDENCE"
    Whats the next step for Manfredo Jr... He was supposed to have a fight in July but its a little late announce one and find a challenger thats game this late in the game... I want him to step up his opposition... He has been out training with roach for like 4 months now...
    Last I heard and cant confirm or deny is that They wanted to put him in with Lacy for his return bout in October..I dont know how true that is but if it is I think a fire breathing Jeff Lacy would be bad news for Manfredo at this stage especially for Lacy's return fight

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Peter.

I know he was trying to get fights with Joey Spina and Omar Sheika but I think they both fell through.

I expect it will be someone just outside the top 20. William Joppy or Howard Eastman would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like him to fight Jurgen Brahmer or Robert Stieglitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He seems to be intent on being one of the big boys at 168 anyway.

Roach is a great addition to his team - Freddie will bring out the best in him.

Glad he didn't rush in and go for Calzaghe (I'm not even sure if that was on the table but there was talk of it), or Lacy for that matter, though Roach has gone on record as saying that would be a brilliant fight for Peter.

I'd like to see him in with the likes of Mundine, Green, Tsypko - he gets wins like that and we know he's ready for a title shot. One impressive win over Pemberton doesn't convince me, though it was definitely a statement of intent.

I would actually give him a good chance of beating Beyer, but that means fighting on German soil. Which is basically a guaranteed points loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter could outbox Lacy IMO, He has gained alot of experience and terrific training @ Roaches gym... He has great sparing partners out there... We didnt really get a chance to see what Roach has done for him in his breif fight with Pemberton but he looked near flawless(probably not hard against the old man). I think all the naysayers will be pleasantly surprised when he steps up... Coures I guess we'll have to wait and see...

The Spina fight didnt fall through Spina chickened out and took another fight cuz he got outboxed by the aging subpar brinkly and I think he realized his mouth would damage his padded record
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peter could outbox Lacy IMO, He has gained alot of experience and terrific training @ Roaches gym... He has great sparing partners out there... We didnt really get a chance to see what Roach has done for him in his breif fight with Pemberton but he looked near flawless(probably not hard against the old man). I think all the naysayers will be pleasantly surprised when he steps up... Coures I guess we'll have to wait and see...

The Spina fight didnt fall through Spina chickened out and took another fight cuz he got outboxed by the aging subpar brinkly and I think he realized his mouth would damage his padded record
    yeah...and the fact that Manfredo is fighting at his natural weight is now discouraging other fighters.....He carried his pop and after the pemberton fight people are seeing him with open eyes now...I think the loss to Mora on the contender turned people off of him at the time....you would think the robbery from their second fight would force a 3rd but Mora wants nothing to do with Manfredo at 168....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think he can take Jeff's constant pressure and Peter does not Possess the KO punch to keep a bigpuncher off him Let alone a Mega chin Lacy,Especially for Lacy's return fight this is a statement fight if any for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really want him to step up in competition so we can have a good idea of where is going to fit. IMO he will be a fringe contender maybe win a belt at some point. I really dont think he has the power or skills to dominate the division, but I can definately see him as someone that will be around the picture for a few years.

I think that it would be a good idea for him to get into the ring with Lacy at this point. We all know Lacy can be outboxed and if he is trying to change up his style then might as well get him while he is still working on the foundation of it. With his new boxing skills he has a chance, but of course Lacy has that punch and I am not sure Manfredo can stay out of the way the entire fight.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu

yeah...and the fact that Manfredo is fighting at his natural weight is now discouraging other fighters.....He carried his pop and after the pemberton fight people are seeing him with open eyes now...I think the loss to Mora on the contender turned people off of him at the time....you would think the robbery from their second fight would force a 3rd but Mora wants nothing to do with Manfredo at 168....
    Robbery?

From what I heard it was a very close fight. The report I read, in Boxing News magazine, said Mora just pulled it out, if I recall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think @ 168 manfredo is more comfortable and as far as KO power... I think his punches are as hard if not a little harder then Calzaghes, though calzaghe would whoop them. A Lacy fight would be good and a battle but dangerous... Peters never been Knocked down as a pro and has a great chin as we saw against frankie randall years ago... I wish the contender people would let the poor kid fight and stop reigning him in so as not to spoil the contender ora with a loss
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mac10

Robbery?

From what I heard it was a very close fight. The report I read, in Boxing News magazine, said Mora just pulled it out, if I recall.
    U need to see the fight... First fight peter ran out of gas and second fight peter outboxed mora who was fighting in spirts and trying to steal rounds
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mac10

Robbery?

U need to see the fight... First fight peter ran out of gas and second fight peter outboxed mora who was fighting in spirts and trying to steal rounds
    thats what I was saying...Peter lost the first fight...but won that second fight!!!...Mora was fighting to survive and steal......
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think @ 168 manfredo is more comfortable and as far as KO power... I think his punches are as hard if not a little harder then Calzaghes, though calzaghe would whoop them. A Lacy fight would be good and a battle but dangerous... Peters never been Knocked down as a pro and has a great chin as we saw against frankie randall years ago... I wish the contender people would let the poor kid fight and stop reigning him in so as not to spoil the contender ora with a loss
    He has 1 TKo in the last 2 years recent being against Scott Pemberton The same Scott Pemberton that Lacy Hit him so Hard he knocked him out of his shoes... Pride I dont want to get into a pissing contest on this one but I think they would be feeding him to the wolves putting him in with Lacy right now..Believe me Birminghams got Lacy working on his Boxing and defense

Manfredo 25 wins 11 ko's

Calzaghe 41 wins 31 ko's

JC has a better KO % and I would say he is the bigger puncher one punch and accumalitive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with you, I think this would be a good time for him to take a fight with Lacy. With Lacy's first bout back he will still be working on implementing a new style (if he decides to try to box more). I think that would be an opportune time to take him. Manfredo doesnt have the power to do what Joe did, but I think he could outbox him. He would have to watch out for Lacy's power, Manfredo is not as slick as Joe and it would be a matter of when he gets hit how well he takes it. I dont know if it is the Contender people holding him back or if it is the competition that is not sure of him. AS some people like to call him "the game show fighter" is he for real or not is what I think most people are trying to gauge at this point. I think most people agree that Pemberton is shot, but what if it was just that Manfredo had improved that much?
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information