Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Robert "the Ghost" Guerrero avenges his only loss with a KO body shot Diaz!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robert "the Ghost" Guerrero avenges his only loss with a KO body shot Diaz!

If you forgot this fight or missed it like Wakco did...here's the best I could do on a great fight...

Last words: Diaz-Guerrero! http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...poqaLfrge.html

Friday, June 23 2006

In a rematch of a thrilling, action-packed slugfest that wound up as one of 2005's most shocking upsets, "The Ghostbuster," Gamaliel "Platano" Diaz will face Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (17-1-1, 10 KOs) in the "ShoBox: The New Generation" main event tonight on SHOWTIME (11 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast). Here's what they had to say:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) "I will push Guerrero more with punches. I will fight him harder than I did the first time. We spent almost three moths sparring. We trained even better than we did last time. I never felt Guerrero's punches in the first fight. It could be because my adrenaline was pumping. At the beginning of the first fight, Guerrero felt my punches and gave me respect. I felt I was winning the first fight going into the last round, but I was worried when the referee deducted a point from me. I made Guerrero miss a lot, and that made him lose his head."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) "I took Diaz lightly in the first fight. Do not ever read your press clippings. We had the wrong game plan and the wrong mindset. A lot had to do with my stance being too wide. I was not able to use my legs. They were like concrete. I was always a half-second too late. Diaz is hard to hit in the head, but his body does not move like his head. The driving force for me is the rematch. I had a bad night in the first fight. It is time to show that was a bad night."

Forgot this was happening!!!

Were'e coming in late....so I'll do me drunken best!!

ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) vs GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) Round 1: Guerrro dropped him two times I think. Missed this round on ShowTime!!!

ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) vs GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) Round 2: Guerrero lands a right hand & then a left. Diaz takes it to teh body. Guerrero backing him up. Guerrero has already dropped Diaz in the first. Guerrero the aggressor. Shoulder to shoulder action. Upper by Guerrero. Guerrero to the body. Diaz doubles over. Right hand by Diaz in close. Guerrero takes it well. Guerrero to the body. Diaz eats a right hand & Guerrro combos backing him to the ropes. Diaz comes off & eats a left to teh body. Guerroro jabbing. Right hand by Diaz. Guerrero to the body!!! Nice.

ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) vs GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) Round 3: Diaz working on teh inside. Guerrero jabs. Guerrero backs him up with a straifght left hand. Shoulder to shoulder. Body shots by Diaz. They tie & Guerrro does better in close on teh tie. Right hand & then a left & Guerrero eats two rights. Right hand by Diaz. Body shots by Guerroro. RIght hand by Diaz. Shoulde rto shoulder again. Nice inside fighting by Guerrero. Body shot by Diaz & then the same by Guerrero. Nice. Right hand by Diaz. Shoulder to shoulder & Guerrero gets the better with a left hook. Body shot by Guerrero. Trading to the bell!

ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) vs GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) Round 4: They go straight into it. Combo by Guerror. Right hand nails Guerrero. Left & then a right by Guerrero. Both men just nailed the other. Diaz to the body. Shoulder to shoulder they trade. Guerrero to the bodyl. Diaz nails Guerror to the body. Comobo by Diaz & Guerrero did nt like that. 1-2 by Guerrero. Backs Diaz up. Body shots by Diaz. Guerro slowing. Combo by Guerrero. Big right hand by G. Right hand from Diaz. Diaz counters & cracks him with a right. Guerrero lowers his hands & get's cracked.

ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) vs GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) Round 5: Guerrero comes out firing. Nice combinations. Diaz on the inside. Diaz goes up top. Guerrero to the body. Clench. Right jab & then a left hook by Guerrero. Diaz just jabbing. Clash of hads. Body shot by Diaz. Right hand for Diaz. Guerrero now bleeding from head butt. Diaz backs him up. Two rights for Guerrero. Diaz warned for holding. Right & left from Guerrero. Backs up Diaz. Body shot by Diaz. Short left by Guerrero.

ROBERT GUERRERO (17-1-1, 10 KOs) vs GAMALIEL DIAZ (20-5-2, 9 KOs) Round 6: Diaz first to land. Combos. Body shots by Diaz. Guerrero didnt like that. Shoulder to shoulder brawl. Guerrero backing up Diaz. Right hand by Diaz as Guerrero is slowing. Body shot by Diaz. Right hand by Guerrero. Guerrero tiring now...Diaz raping the body. Guerrero getting gutty & backing up Diaz. Now Diaz goes to teh body & Guerroro comes back. Tuff fight. Shoulder to shoulder lots of body shots. Down goes Diaz & he is knocked out by a left hook to the body.

Damned fine fight!!! We all missed a goody.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert "the Ghost" Guerrero avenges his only loss with a KO body shot Diaz!

That was a great fight & a good comeback for Guerrero to avenge his loss to Diaz.

We all missed out...that was a barn burner people.

Guerrero knocks out Diaz!
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...FLnPFivCN.html
    Friday, June 23 2006

By Robert Hough at ringside

In a rematch of a thrilling, action-packed slugfest that wound up as one of 2005's most shocking upsets, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero (18-1-1, 10 KOs) got his revenge with an impressive sixth round KO over Gamaliel Diaz (20-6-2, 9 KOs) Friday night at the Oakland/Alameda County Arena in Oakland, Calif. Guerrero came out fast, dropped Diaz twice in round one, but Diaz got back into the fight until he was dropped for the count with a body shot at 2:33 of the sixth. With the win, Guerrero earned the right to fight mandatory challenger to WBC #1 featherweight contender Nicky Cook.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert "the Ghost" Guerrero avenges his only loss with a KO body shot Diaz!

The first round was ridiculous for Diaz. I was ready to turn the channel I was so anrgy at him. It turned out to be pretty good though...

The whole progam is on again right now on Showtime 2 for those who missed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

The first round was ridiculous for Diaz. I was ready to turn the channel I was so anrgy at him. It turned out to be pretty good though...

The whole progam is on again right now on Showtime 2 for those who missed it.

That was a great fight.

Welcome to the forum.

Have the Obligatory Wacko Welcome Wagon

Thread Information