Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 fights with 19 knockouts & 0 defeats. 18 first round ko's...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 19 fights with 19 knockouts & 0 defeats. 18 first round ko's...

Edwin Valero.

19 fights, 19 knockouts, 18 in the first round...but can it be done against a live body?

Coming up on August the 5th, 2006 Edwin Valero (19 wins with 9 ko's) finally steps up & it's a big step towards the WBA Super Featherweight title as he squares up against Vicente Mosquera (24 wins with 12 ko's, 1 loss, & 1 draw) for bragging rights in the range of 130.

To be honest...I've seen 3...maybe 4 of Valero's fights & none of Mosquera's...so I can't legitly pass judgement...but I do want to say this...Valero is impressive with his power...but if that's all he has...a mover & thinking fighter will beat him.

Talk to me people. Pass me some knowledge.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 19 fights with 19 knockouts & 0 defeats. 18 first round ko's...

The couple of fights that I have seen, he seems to be open to straight punches, it looks like he loops his punches. From what I have seen he hasnt had his chin checked properly so that would be a good question. Since he has never been out of the 2nd round I have to wonder about his stamina. He does throw a high volume of punches so I wonder if he is taken out past the 4th if he will have anything to go on.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those are nice numbers against D, C level fighters. Valero is severely over hyped. Mosquera will win easily

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well there is some footage I have seen of Valero sparring Morales, and he honestly seems to get the best of it and does look somewhat impressive..But that doesn't mean anything for many reasons, and he is in for a big test now it looks like, though I don't really know anything about Mosquera either.. Can someone tell me though, what is it that prevents Valero from fighting in the US?? Doesn't he have some medical issue? Anyone....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has boxing skill. He really does. He is a very fast, accurate and power puncher. He won't be outboxed am sure of it. I think if Mosquera beats him it is by testing his defense to the body and keeping the pressure on Valero. I don't think Mosquera posesses the tools needed to do that so I think Valero takes this one, I really do. That doesn't mean I think he is the next big thing (and that blackspot on the MRI hanging over his head really is scary) but I don't think Mosquera has the tools necessary to beat Valero.

Of course because he has boxed so few rounds that it's so hard to tell what he is really made of, and I am basing a lot of this assesment off a sparring session, so I could be deadwrong, but one thing I know for sure is that Valero isn't just a punch.

One flaw is that his hands hang really low. Really low and he lunges with his straight punches and sometimes misses to the side though for the most part he is accurate. He also swings wide but he cleaned that up it looks like in his last couple fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Well there is some footage I have seen of Valero sparring Morales, and he honestly seems to get the best of it and does look somewhat impressive..But that doesn't mean anything for many reasons, and he is in for a big test now it looks like, though I don't really know anything about Mosquera either.. Can someone tell me though, what is it that prevents Valero from fighting in the US?? Doesn't he have some medical issue? Anyone....
    He was in a bad motorcycle accident a while back and had been unable to get a boxing license in the states, so he went over seas.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And here is that Morales - Valero sparring footage.

http://media.putfile.com/Erik-Morale...alero-SPARRING

Here is him in action
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOfPpAlan6I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Edwin Valero:

2006-03-25 131¾ Genaro Trazancos 131½ 21-7-1 World Memorial Hall, Kobe, Japan W TKO 2 6
    2006-02-25 130 Whyber Garcia 130 17-3-0 Centro Recreacional Yesterday, Turmero, Venezuela W TKO 1 12
    2005-12-05 132¼ Aram Ramazyan 133½ 6-2-2 Palais Omnisport, Bercy, Paris, France W KO 1 8
    2005-09-25 132 Hero Bando 131¼ 14-7-6 Arena, Yokohama, Japan W TKO 1 6
    2005-08-13 131 Jose Hernandez 1-5-0 Círculo Militar, Maracay, Aragua, Venezuela W KO 1 10
    2005-07-01 132 Esteban de Jesus Morales 132 24-8-1 Gimnasio Roberto Duran, Panama City, Panama W KO 1 10
    2005-05-21 134 Hernan Abraham Valenzuela 132 8-4-0 Ce.De.M. Nº 2, Caseros, Buenos Aires, Argentina W TKO 1 10
    2003-12-18 131¾ Tomas Zambrano 132¼ 0-3-0 Marriott Hotel, Irvine, CA, USA W TKO 1 10
    2003-10-27 129 Alejandro Heredia 7-0-1 Gimnasio Don José Beracasa, Caracas, Venezuela W KO 1 10
    2003-08-28 131 Roque Cassiani 131½ 21-13-2 Marriott Hotel, Irvine, CA, USA W TKO 1 8
    2003-07-19 131 Emmanuel Ford 133 5-20-2 Activities Center, Maywood, CA, USA W TKO 1 6
    2003-05-23 130 Dairo Julio 7-2-1 Hotel Tamanaco Intercontinental, Caracas, Venezuela W TKO 1 8
    2003-05-17 126 Edgar Mendoza 126 0-8-0 Centro Recreacional Yesterday, Turmero, Venezuela W TKO 1 8
    2003-03-22 130 Danny Sandoval 2-6-0 Centro Recreacional "Yesterday", Turmero, Venezuela W KO 1 8
    2002-11-30 130 Julio Pineda 0-2-0 Caracas, Venezuela W KO 1 6
    2002-11-18 132 Luis Soto 0-4-0 Caracas, Venezuela W TKO 1 6
    2002-10-26 127 Angel Alirio Rivero 2-1-0 Centro Recreacional Yesterday, Turmero, Venezuela W TKO 1 4
    2002-09-23 130 Danny Sandoval 2-5-0 Caracas, Venezuela W TKO 1 4
    2002-07-09 127 Eduardo Hernandez 0-1-0 Gimnasio José Beracasa, Caracas, Venezuela W TKO 1 4

I'm sorry.....Who has he fought

Mosquera, not having that much difference of a record, will be his first real test in the ring....

Will Valero get a KO in this fight....I dont think so, what this kid is going to get tested at is what happens if he has to go 3+ rounds

It may end up hurting Valero if the fight goes past 5.....We'll have to wait and see....

The kid may do well, he apparently has some kind of power, but, when its not really tested, then we cant really say, "Hey, look at this KO King!!!", Now can we

I would like to see this kid fight....

Good Luck,

Coach

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingCoachBW
    I'm sorry.....Who has he fought

Mosquera, not having that much difference of a record, will be his first real test in the ring....

Will Valero get a KO in this fight....I dont think so, what this kid is going to get tested at is what happens if he has to go 3+ rounds

It may end up hurting Valero if the fight goes past 5.....We'll have to wait and see....

The kid may do well, he apparently has some kind of power, but, when its not really tested, then we cant really say, "Hey, look at this KO King!!!", Now can we

I would like to see this kid fight....

Good Luck,

Coach
    No one is calling him a world beater....he is just potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where is this fight going to take place and will it be televised? Valero has some pop but looks kind of sloppy at least in that vid .almost fights like Ponce de Leon IMO lots of punching from all over the place, but still fun to watch.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rsan-chez
    where is this fight going to take place and will it be televised? Valero has some pop but looks kind of sloppy at least in that vid .almost fights like Ponce de Leon IMO lots of punching from all over the place, but still fun to watch.
    In Mosquera's hometown of Panama City, Panama.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny when people talk about Valero 'Finally' stepping up, coz he has fought less than 20 full rounds, less than 2 full fights!!

Will be interesting
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will see after the Vicente Mosquera fight if Valero is a hype or the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see a lot of posts here but nobody seems to mention that he is a southpaw.
    That could be another reason why the tin cans get knocked over so easily.
    A good southpaw will make mincemeat of an average orthodox fighter.
    He clearly hits with power and some speed but like the rest of you has said, the proof is in the pudding.
    Bring on the fight night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only seen a few of this guys fights. The guy does have some potential as he is fast and has power. I don't really think he has been anywhere near being tested yet though so when he has the bigger fights we will really see what his boxing is made of. One things for sure I can't see this guy being involved in many dull 12 round fights! He looks easy to hit but with his power should make for some entertaining fights.
    I suppose the guys only fought for about 45 minutes in total and has knocked out 18 fighters though. Very early days though but will be interesting to see how he progresses.

Thread Information