Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Roach
Stevie completely changed his boxing style when he fought Eubank the second time, he basically just gave him no room to operate and never stopped punching. He won every minute of every round and Eubank was in the best shape of his life since 1990. Nigel Benn's best shots were bouncing off Stevie, he stood with Benn for 30 minutes and was never hurt once. What could Roy of done to keep Stevie off him? No question in my mind that Stevie would of broken Roy's heart and eventually broken him down.
Quote Originally Posted by Steve Collins
I came up the hard way, I fought the tough guys. Roy came up the easy way, off an Olympic gold medal and doing as he pleased. Mike McCallum and Sumbu Kalambay were the two best middleweight's in the world when I fought them, Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn were the two most successful super-middleweight's of all-time when I fought them. I came through. I was too physically strong for Roy Jones, I started a strength progamme after I beat Eubank at Millstreet and that just made me stronger, I was getting stronger and stronger with each fight. I was stronger than ever when I confronted Roy Jones after he fought that guy, Frazier or whatever his name was, the fireman I think it was. You think an ectomorph would of lasted 36 minutes with 13 stone coming at him non-stop? We all know he was running scared.

Do you think Roy Jones would of lasted the distance with a prime McCallum after just 16 fights, having taken the fight at only a few weeks notice? If you do, you need your head tested. I tried to box McCallum and came unstuck, I wouldn't box Roy Jones. I'm not saying I could of lived with Roy Jones in the talent department, but I would of won the fight on strength and workrate. Kalambay I lost a split decision, but in Italy you need to stop them to get a draw and I didn't have much punching strength back then.