Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tribute to Gerald McClellan

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    No because they killed humans which are not yet a food source that is accepted in many cultures especially when they occured here in the US.

And Bilbo I appreciate that you're TRYING to make a point but you're falling well short of it.

Go have some tofu and cry yourself to sleep
    Nah you're completely missing my point Lyle. I AM a meat eater. I've got a nice leather sofa, leather trainers, I drive everywhere with a hole in my exhaust and a car that leaks oil.

I eat meat of all kinds, even the strange rat/pigeon hybrid creature that KFC attempt to pass off as chicken!

My point is that I can see that I am just as guilty as anybody else who either fights dogs, cockerals, goes to bull fights or takes part in fox hunting.

The end result is the same, death to the animal.

Trust me a animal doesn't feel better because he's going to be made into a nice handbag or that he's going to provide you with a nice healthy dose of protein.

Death is death is death.

El Kabong Guest

I'm sure an animal doesn't feel better knowing he/she/it is going to become something other than ALIVE.

But here is where the whole I'm a human, I look out for #1, which would be ME...when I can afford to be nice I do it if I have to sacrifice stuff I need (to fill Maslow's heirarchy of needs) I might not be nice or merciful.

MY POINT was that the pointless killing of animals is MORE bad than the killing of animals for food, clothing, shelter, etc.

Think about the life of a beef cow as opposed to the life of one of Gerald McClellan's fighting dogs....I would have rather been the cow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am presuming we are all here on this forum because we are boxing fans. On this presumption I do not think anyone who enjoys a sport that involves one human being trying to make another human being unconscious by punching him/her to the head, can be too moralistic.

I am as guilty as anyone for getting on my with issues, but I fully accept to a large degree I am being a hypocrite and deserve the mocking I sometimes get.

McClellan was all by accounts far from being a perfect human being. But did he deserve what happen to him?

Well that is a personal call.

What I would say is this, even if your a Vegan, everytime you sit your beambag you are killing Millions of bugs, that live there.

Just because that live is 32 cells or whatever it is, is it any less worthy? After all you are arguing that less sophisticated animals other than Humans should live...

Is there a level of life sophiscation that is acceptable to kill, and another that is not? And if there is, what is the standard a vegan uses?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BK
    I am presuming we are all here on this forum because we are boxing fans. On this presumption I do not think anyone who enjoys a sport that involves one human being trying to make another human being unconscious by punching him/her to the head, can be too moralistic.

I am as guilty as anyone for getting on my with issues, but I fully accept to a large degree I am being a hypocrite and deserve the mocking I sometimes get.

McClellan was all by accounts far from being a perfect human being. But did he deserve what happen to him?

Well that is a personal call.

What I would say is this, even if your a Vegan, everytime you sit your beambag you are killing Millions of bugs, that live there.

Just because that live is 32 cells or whatever it is, is it any less worthy? After all you are arguing that less sophisticated animals other than Humans should live...

Is there a level of life sophiscation that is acceptable to kill, and another that is not? And if there is, what is the standard a vegan uses?
    Well done Britkid I agree completely. I trust I can therefore count on your support to engage in some Lyle bullying

:P just messing

El Kabong Guest

...uh huh, well I'll remember to be a total asshole when I'm in London

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well then no one will know who you are

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember? It's as natural to you as breathing

Just you Lyle, It's only fun and banter :P

El Kabong Guest

I can't be an asshole, I am from the south therefore I must be a gentleman.

cc back Bilbo....I'll even give you one BK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well being a Southern Gentleman (why am I getting a picture of bosshog in my mind?), you will know our country came that close to supporting your side in that 1861-65 conflict...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey me and Lyle have exchanged coolclicks!

Maybe there is hope for the Palenstian Isreali conflict after all

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BK

Well being a Southern Gentleman (why am I getting a picture of bosshog in my mind?), you will know our country came that close to supporting your side in that 1861-65 conflict...
    HA! Boss Hogg....you know that actor was actually quite smart multilingual etc

Yes perhaps there is hope in settling an Israel-Palistine conflict....honestly I would just point the US's nuclear arsenal at them and say get along or go away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool
    Fair enough we'll disagree, but i'll continue to doubt whether everyone who's criticised Mclellan on here would feel that harshly towards him if they spent even a short amount of time with him these days. I mean theres people on here who idolise Ibeabuchi, and yet Mclellan gets slated for abusing some dogs
    I agree with you and have been debating this for days with everyone GERALD MCCLELLAN WAS WRONG FOR VISICIOUSLY FIGHTING DOGS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! But he did not get would he deserved by being injured the way he is deaf,blind and constant care. The punishment did not fit the crime..

Anyone who celebrates his misfortune should make sure they live there life absolutely perfect and never make a mistake since some are swift to judge..I wouldnt want to wish that on anyone especially for dog fighting....C'Mon his kids have no real functional father.. Like I said LIVE PERFECTLY THEN.
    Really i know this sounds bad but i really couldnt give a fuck. Dogs dont deserve that treatment, and only a sick fuck would do what he did to them. Its god damn karma, you do something bad like that then it comes back to bite you on the arse. I have barely any sympathy for someone who could do that because i have dogs too and if i found out somebody even tried to do that to them then id give them beating of a god damn life time and thats what he got.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool
    Fair enough we'll disagree, but i'll continue to doubt whether everyone who's criticised Mclellan on here would feel that harshly towards him if they spent even a short amount of time with him these days. I mean theres people on here who idolise Ibeabuchi, and yet Mclellan gets slated for abusing some dogs
    I agree with you and have been debating this for days with everyone GERALD MCCLELLAN WAS WRONG FOR VISICIOUSLY FIGHTING DOGS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! But he did not get would he deserved by being injured the way he is deaf,blind and constant care. The punishment did not fit the crime..

Anyone who celebrates his misfortune should make sure they live there life absolutely perfect and never make a mistake since some are swift to judge..I wouldnt want to wish that on anyone especially for dog fighting....C'Mon his kids have no real functional father.. Like I said LIVE PERFECTLY THEN.
    Really i know this sounds bad but i really couldnt give a F***. Dogs dont deserve that treatment, and only a sick F*** would do what he did to them. Its god damn karma, you do something bad like that then it comes back to bite you on the a***. I have barely any sympathy for someone who could do that because i have dogs too and if i found out somebody even tried to do that to them then id give them beating of a god damn life time and thats what he got.
    You right about that. ! My piss gets hot everytime I read this thread ! I love Dogs !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes when Im sad, I watch the video of McLellan and it cheers me up no end.

Also the spanish lad, chip, CC matey!

Thread Information