Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tribute to Gerald McClellan

Say what you want about his private life, but had what happened didn't he would be going down into history as one of the best boxers of the 90's/early 2000's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tribute to Gerald McClellan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a really nice tribute video. The music fits in really well. It shows the best and worst of the boxing game. Shows you what these guys put themselves through in the pursuit of greatness. Looked like the guy was a real talent but boxing can be so cruel somteimes.

Check out the interview with McClellan years after the Benn fight. Quite moving im sure you will agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5v7ZkaLA60

El Kabong Guest

BOXING can be cruel? The G-Man was cruel!

Fuck that motherfucker, I wonder how he'd like a dog sicked on him now that he's hepless and not worth a shit

that being said he did deserve to win the Benn fight, the fight SHOULD have been stopped when Benn was hurt...then it should have been stopped when McClellan couldn't keep his mouthpeice in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

F*** that motherfucker, I wonder how he'd like a dog sicked on him now that he's hepless and not worth a S***
    All I know of this guy is what is in these clips on the thread - Judging from your response there is a more sinister side to this guys life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gives you goose bumps....What a tragedy I think we forget that boxers are mere mortal men and it takes a tragedy to realize it..The kid was A juggernaut now he needs 24hr care and cant even see his children...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatsd

F*** that motherfucker, I wonder how he'd like a dog sicked on him now that he's hepless and not worth a S***
    All I know of this guy is what is in these clips on the thread - Judging from your response there is a more sinister side to this guys life.
    I just had a look on the net to see if I could find out what you meant. I read the story and its pretty sickening.

El Kabong Guest

He used to fight dogs, and for his favorite fighting dogs he'd tie up other dogs and basically let his killer practice on them.

He was so into dog fighting he'd watch his dogs' fights before he fought to hype himself up.

I honestly 100% could not care less about what happens with Gerald McClellan, yeah it's nice that people still give him money to help HIS FAMILY get by but I hate the guy

And I don't care much for Roy Jones Jr. fighting cocks either....animals don't get anything from fighting each other, they do that to survive not for money or food or anything.

El Kabong Guest

G-Man did make good hypothetical match ups though think about these fights

RJJ
    Calzaghe
    Hopkins
    Tarver
    Eubank
    Toney
    Johnson
    Trinidad

and so on

He was a good brawler, not much else though....but my quasi respect for him inside the ring is COMPLETELY overshaddowed by his out of the ring lifestyle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://infiniteboxing.com/articles/sbanerjee/022505.htm

Here is an article I read awhile back that got to me a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He used to fight dogs, and for his favorite fighting dogs he'd tie up other dogs and basically let his killer practice on them.

He was so into dog fighting he'd watch his dogs' fights before he fought to hype himself up.

I honestly 100% could not care less about what happens with Gerald McClellan, yeah it's nice that people still give him money to help HIS FAMILY get by but I hate the guy

And I don't care much for Roy Jones Jr. fighting cocks either....animals don't get anything from fighting each other, they do that to survive not for money or food or anything.
    And I bet your life is a shining beacon and an example for all to follow by... don't judge others unless you haven't done anything wrong in your life... especially when you grow up in a world that had dog fighting you wouldn't even consider ethics... Its like bull fighting in Mexico... I could never see a fight it would make me sick, but there is a huge thing because thats what they are used to its their upbringing to be excited about it.

El Kabong Guest

I am North Carolina born and raised, yeah dog fighting is all around here and I have never liked it. It's the wrong thing to do.

Only mindless thugs and white trash fight dogs here.

I haven't seen nor do I want to see a bull fight. Now I'm not vegitarian or vegan or granola eating hippy but being mean to animals is bad.

From where I am sitting, G-Man got what was coming to him. It's sad but so is what he did to those dogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry he might have been a great boxer, but for what he did with animals i strongly dislike him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that being said he did deserve to win the Benn fight, the fight SHOULD have been stopped when Benn was hurt...then it should have been stopped when McClellan couldn't keep his mouthpeice in
    yep....there was 2 times that fight should have definitely been stopped and probably 5 more times if you want to get technical about it...but I feel no sadness or remorse for him......Karma is a B*TCH!! You reap what you sow.......you reap what you sow.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His actions outside the ring sicken me too.  Yet, I still feel for the guy.  In real life, in movies, in books, I always feel for the villian when he or she final meets their doom. Suddenly, everything they have done wrong is swept away and in my eyes they are just another mortal soul.

When I have the upperhand on someone I always relent.  I feel horribly guilty if I don't

Thread Information