0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Winky turns downs Margarito

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by Swice
    It's not that everyone is scared on Margarito its that nobody cares about him. He's not as good as he thinks he is and big name fighters aren't fighting him because they have absolutely nothing to gain from beating him. Margarito needs to stop looking for big names and start fighting his way up the rankings until someone HAS to face him instead of complaining of people ducking him.
    Best thing that I have heard said...Margarito does need to start fighting his way up.

Fwock screaming for Floyd...because he aint gonna fight a name that has no appeal to it.

The only people that want to see that fight are Margarito's fans...& god knows why...cuz he aint got a shot in hell of beating Floyd. He's to limited.

Floyd'd be stupid & so would Wright when they have bigger fish to fry...Oscar, Cotto, Hatton, Taylor, & Calzaghe; respectively.
    I agree with this here ! nailed that one CC Wacko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I agree with this here ! nailed that one CC Wacko
    back LG.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact of the matter is PBF was offered much much more money than he has ever been offered and aside from an Oscar fight,will ever be offered for a long time and refused,if that's not telling you something,you're an ignorant Floyd fanboy and if Tony is so easy,why not take the easy payday? It's a dumbass decision.
    Second,to all the people saying Margarito should fight more people,I agree but who?Hatton-doesn't want to,doesn't even mention Tony's name.Baldomir-nope,doesn't want to. Gatti-what would that prove..etc etc. The only name I see is Colazo and I guess Winky is right,he was being offered waaaaay less than PBF.
    As for Margarito fighting his way up,he has beaten prospects,veterans,and ex champs,what more does he have to do. The fact is no-one on this entire forum has justified why PBF has not taken the biggest payday available,I meanI know his intellectual levels are not very high but can he be that dumb? How contradictory is it to say Tony is crap etc etc and then refuse a massive payday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatsd
    I know the rumour of Calzaghe v Right has been about for a few weeks but it seems to be gaining momentum now. This would be a great fight and hopefully WILL be a great fight. There was a mention in another thread that there is no big fights to really look forward to but I think this one will fit that bill nicely for any boxing fan.

Whatever happens with Margarito one point from all of this is that they are doing a good job building up his profile with people everywhere. They seem to be turning him into a bit of enigma that nobody wants to fight. I know most boxing fans probably know a lot about him but other "fringe boxing fans" will only know about him through all this speculation. So they are doing a good job in that department I would say.
    id love to see this fight, but he turned down $4 million to fight Margorito?? Do you really think he could get much more fighting Calzage?? From what i hear Margorito is much easier to negotiate with than Calzaghe, i cant see there being alot of money on the table for this fight, Winky is daft he should of taken the $4 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    The fact of the matter is PBF was offered much much more money than he has ever been offered and aside from an Oscar fight,will ever be offered for a long time and refused,if that's not telling you something,you're an ignorant Floyd fanboy and if Tony is so easy,why not take the easy payday? It's a dumbass decision.
    Second,to all the people saying Margarito should fight more people,I agree but who?Hatton-doesn't want to,doesn't even mention Tony's name.Baldomir-nope,doesn't want to. Gatti-what would that prove..etc etc. The only name I see is Colazo and I guess Winky is right,he was being offered waaaaay less than PBF.
    As for Margarito fighting his way up,he has beaten prospects,veterans,and ex champs,what more does he have to do. The fact is no-one on this entire forum has justified why PBF has not taken the biggest payday available,I meanI know his intellectual levels are not very high but can he be that dumb? How contradictory is it to say Tony is crap etc etc and then refuse a massive payday?
    Floyd is looking for prestige not just money. Once again beating Margarito proves nothing, he doesn't have any belts nor does he have any big names on his record to justify a fight with a top 5 p4p fighter. If I stepped into the ring today or tomorrow and challenge Floyd he wouldn't fight me either, that doesn't mean that he is ducking me. The funny thing to me is how people think this fight would be some type of contest. I mean Antonio Margarito is slow, and his punches have postage stamps on them. You can see a Margarito punch from a mile away. Floyd would counter him all night, I don't see this fight being competitive at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if floyd fought margarito, 1 year from now the haters would be crying about floyds competition still, and you would be one of those people. and if you followed boxing at all you would know that there are much bigger fights on the horizion.
    this is not the biggest payday available, team mayweather already said that there next fight would be for more money than this
    margarito needs to fight at least one quality opponent first (cintron doesnt count)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back to that again huh?

I thought you were clear a few months back that Margarito Floyd was not the right fight to happen before Floyd Oscar or Floyd Hatton?

Also...the same can be said about you being a Margarito fanboy...why should Floyd fight him? Margarito has fought NO ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    margarito needs to fight at least one quality opponent first (cintron doesnt count)
    Agreed with that.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well someone just wrote that Tony does not bring anything to the table as he has no belts......he has the WBO title and all these soup titles are equal in my eyes. The person after wrote that PBF's team said that they will make much more money from their next fight....enlighten me as to whom this mystery opponent who will make Floyd $7mill guaranteed is....Baldomir,Vargas.....you're joking right....
    No Wack,I said Floyd should fight Oscar first BEFORE Oscar announced his hiatus. Hatton does not want any of Floyd now and I never said Hatton should fight him first,Hatton is a small fish@147. Floyd should fight the number 1 WW on the planet fullstop,that's why he should fight him. Floyd should fight the biggest threat in the division. That's not being a fanboy,that's wanting to see the best fight eachother and @147,these 2 are the best by some way.

Oh and Frozensolid,you have been on this forum for 5 minutes,don't tell me what I would and would not do in a years time. If PBF fought and beat Tony,I would have no qualms in giving him the respect he deserves but he hasn't and won't. If he can find the time to beat Gatti,Brusseles,Judah,Mitchell etc etc then why not beat the bum Tony and take the $8mill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well someone just wrote that Tony does not bring anything to the table as he has no belts......he has the WBO title and all these soup titles are equal in my eyes. The person after wrote that PBF's team said that they will make much more money from their next fight....enlighten me as to whom this mystery opponent who will make Floyd $7mill guaranteed is....Baldomir,Vargas.....you're joking right....
    No Wack,I said Floyd should fight Oscar first BEFORE Oscar announced his hiatus. Hatton does not want any of Floyd now and I never said Hatton should fight him first,Hatton is a small fish@147. Floyd should fight the number 1 WW on the planet fullstop,that's why he should fight him. Floyd should fight the biggest threat in the division. That's not being a fanboy,that's wanting to see the best fight eachother and @147,these 2 are the best by some way.

Oh and Frozensolid,you have been on this forum for 5 minutes,don't tell me what I would and would not do in a years time. If PBF fought and beat Tony,I would have no qualms in giving him the respect he deserves but he hasn't and won't. If he can find the time to beat Gatti,Brusseles,Judah,Mitchell etc etc then why not beat the bum Tony and take the $8mill.

judah, mitchell, and gatti are all more than margarito is right now (brusseles was a manditory for floyd)

Who has margarito fought to warrant a title fight with floyd?

better question......

Whats margaritos BIGGEST fight/payday that you feel is worthy of a fight with the consensus #1 p4p/best/highest payday on the planet TODAY?

give me a good answer to those questions please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and Frozensolid,you have been on this forum for 5 minutes

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been on here longer than you

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

judah, mitchell, and gatti are all more than margarito is right now (brusseles was a manditory for floyd)

Who has margarito fought to warrant a title fight with floyd?

better question......

Whats margaritos BIGGEST fight/payday that you feel is worthy of a fight with the consensus #1 p4p/best/highest payday on the planet TODAY?

give me a good answer to those questions please
    That's the problem, he has been Ring Magazine #1 contender forever (I think Floyd is that now though), but no one has given him a shot. He chased Judah, he chasing Mayweather...I mean no one wants to fight him. I think his best bet is to just be patient with Mayweather and fight Paul Williams. Then he can have some leverage for a Mayweather fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO
    I think his best bet is to just be patient with Mayweather and fight Paul Williams.
    I'd love to see that fight happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Antonio Margarito (33 wins with 24 ko's & 4 losses) will be matching up to Cosme Rivera (30 wins with 21 ko's, 9 losses, & 2 draws) for the WBO's Welterweight title...oh boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Antonio Margarito (33 wins with 24 ko's & 4 losses) will be matching up to Cosme Rivera (30 wins with 21 ko's, 9 losses, & 2 draws) for the WBO's Welterweight title...oh boy.

this is a fight that i would like to see

is this a hypothetical or for real?

if real when/where?

cc back at you........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is a fight that i would like to see

is this a hypothetical or for real?

if real when/where?

cc back at you........
    9-9-06 at Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City in New Jersey.

Thread Information